2015 Transit Connect Door Switches - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect
Reload this Page >

2015 Transit Connect Door Switches

Notices
Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

2015 Transit Connect Door Switches

Old 05-18-2018, 12:35 PM
grinderdude
New User
grinderdude is starting off with a positive reputation.
Arrow 2015 Transit Connect Door Switches

On my 2015TC xlt I have an intermittent problem and need some advice. It has all stock components including radio w/sync. Sync software is up to date.
The problem is when I turn off the vehicle and open the door, all the locks unlock, the dome light turns on (as it should) but the radio does not turn off like it should. If I open the passenger door, the radio does turn off.
This indicates to me that there is possibly multiple switches in the on the door (or multiple contacts on the same switch) since 2 of the functions perform normally and one does not.
Would this be an issue with what appears to me the proximity switch on the forward side of the door frame or are there additional switches in the door. I suppose it could also be an issue with a wire. Looking for best place to start the troubleshooting process.
Thanks

Old 05-22-2018, 08:57 PM
EvanBly
Senior User
EvanBly is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 2015, I do not have your problem. Instead, I have found the radio will sometimes stay on when the ignition is off. I suppose I should run the problem down, but I tend to roll with such stuff and hope it doesn't turn into something serious--I remember to turn the radio off. I short, I can't help you.

But there are others on this forum who are a lot more disciplined and who may be able to help I've found that the trick is to lurk. I've had a number of problems resolved on this forum and come to appreciate its various members. Hopefully one of those people will come to your aid..