1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

The Little Ones

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 07:49 PM
Gear Up
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They put the drain in this morning and Colton was resting today. My son and some of the family members were coming home this evening when they were called to return to the hospital. Colton woke up screaming in such pain. CT was done only to find the tumor is now bleeding internally. The surgeon has been called back in. Decissions are being made as to when the next surgery will take place. It looks like tonight. Thanks for the prayers. BTW, nice picture of your grandson. It is nice to put a face to the prayers offered on his behalf.

Gear Up

Old 05-17-2018, 09:51 AM
ravenclaws
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thoughts and prayers on the way from Mississippi. Keep us posted, in my experience kids can really surprise you with how much they can make it through.

Michael Branch
Retired US Army Combat Medic

Old 05-17-2018, 11:46 AM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,439 Likes on 1,390 Posts
Prayers from here, as well.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:27 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 726 Likes on 259 Posts
Lynn... how bout an update on Colten ??

Old 05-21-2018, 10:25 PM
Gear Up
Senior User
The lab results came back today on the biopsy. They rate it from high to low as far as the tumor is conserned. It came back as very low risk. it is benign. The radiological onocologist said it was so low they can identify it. The only thing recomended was to have an MRI yearly for the next seven years. He has to complete out rehab before he can come home. Don't know when that will be. Thanks for all the prayers and please continue asking the Lord for His healing powers.
As some of you know I had a subdural hemotoma in 2013 and now his mom refers to Colton and me as brain buddies. Yes I have a little insight into what he is going through. Thanks again and may God Bless you all.

Gear Up

Old 05-22-2018, 06:26 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Hi Lynn
thanks for the update... even with what it is.... it's great news. It could have been much much worse. I'll keep following along and praying for this young man and his mom...God does miracles every day.. He won't deny Colton his. Keep us posted when you can.

j

Old 05-22-2018, 10:41 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
That is very good news, like John just said. Thank you for the update.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:08 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just saw this and sounds like it is very good so far, will keep the prayers going for him. I had a malignant tumor on my neck when I was 12yrs old, had it removed the day that JFK was assassinated. It was a stressful time for my parents and family, I didn't really know how bad it was/could have been until many years later. Family and friends and places like this forum all help. Good luck with the recovery and hope all is and will be well!

Old 05-22-2018, 03:08 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow. What a good feeling and relief when you get good results like that. Colton and his brain buddy need to go for ice cream cones in an old truck soon so we can see some pics. Our prayers and wishes for continued good news are with Colton, you and your whole family. Now’s the time to just enjoy this good news.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:13 PM
49fordv8f4
Cargo Master
Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts
Thank you for the update. Great to hear that prayers have been answered! We have an awesome God!
Mark

Old 05-22-2018, 11:41 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
Prayers from Montana too - my niece just went thru surgery for a grade 2 tumor - not benign but not cancerous. She has to go in for regular scans and they expect it will grow back.
Glad to hear Colton's is grade 1.

Thanks for the updates!!

Old 05-25-2018, 11:39 AM
Gear Up
Senior User
Day ten update has positive and negative points to it. Night before he woke up with his pillow soaked, changed it out and ten mimutes later was soaked again. Cerebral fluid is coming out of the drain. Yesterday they removed the drain and a great deal of pressure was released. With it comes nausea, mood swings and sleepiness. He had them all. He wasn't nice to the therapists or his nurse. Told them to leave the room. The other day they took the bandages off his head and when he went in the bathroom he saw himself for the first time since all this started. Yes, there were tears. It is so much for a little one to take in and process. At my age it was hard to process things too.
Again thanks for all the thaughts and prayers. Will continue giving updates as I get them. May you all have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Gear Up

Old 05-29-2018, 09:42 AM
Gear Up
Senior User
Last night's update for Colton was very positive. He has been allowed to eat solid foods but still has to have the feeding tube for suplimental feedings. His MRI came back with positive results.
There was a negative note yesterday. The maternal grandfather suffered a mild heart attack shortly after doing face time with Colton and his mom. They took him to Fargo and put a stint in and grandpa is suppose to get home today. Isn't the medical advancements unbelieveable.
Thanks al and have a great day.

Gear Up

Old 05-29-2018, 09:58 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great news on Colton. Sound like he is getting better quickly. Sorry to hear your famiy has more medical problems we will keep you all in our prayers. Still looking forward to pictures of Colton, you and now we will add grandpa to th list for going out in an old truck for ice cream- well maybe grandpa has to have a small yogurt instead.
Hope things keep getting better for all.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:46 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
posting for Lynn... he's having trouble getting into FTE for some reason... wanted me to pass along that things are really getting better for Colton.. He got to come home from the hospital and was very glad to be home. He's still got some things to deal with but he'll come thru like a trooper..., keep him in your prayers for a full recovers and back to his normal activitity..

later
john

Quick Reply: The Little Ones