Sponsored by: DP Tuner

looking for front license plate mount

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 03:12 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Conduct the transaction off the forum please. PM's or email work the best, but please don't discuss transactions in the thread, much less post private info here.

Thanks.

Stewart
Stewart,
I know and understand this (not being a wise guy) but he has no PM capabilities yet. Is there a way that we can trade this information? Or do you just want to move it to the free goods section? I really don't want him or me to post our pertinent data publicly either way.

Thanks,
Mark

Old 05-20-2018, 04:47 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
Stewart,
I know and understand this (not being a wise guy) but he has no PM capabilities yet. Is there a way that we can trade this information? Or do you just want to move it to the free goods section? I really don't want him or me to post our pertinent data publicly either way.

Thanks,
Mark
Hmmm, when I looked, it appeared he had PM capabilities. However, it might be something I can see due to being a Super, because you're right, he's only been registered here for 6 days, and a user needs 10 days and 5 posts. Either way you can access the feature that send any user an email via FTE (if they have it allowed), which you can find in the users public profile after you click on the "Social Profile" tab.

Stewart

Old 05-21-2018, 07:12 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaime74656
I wouldn't mind a mailbox story
Now that I'm not interfering with the OP's thread....

Living waaaay out in orchard land (apples and cherries) many years ago, I heard a crash by the road at night. I looked toward the road, and all I could see was lights between trees - hinting at a vehicle driving off after hitting something. I jumped into "Tugly" (my freaking ugly van with a 460 that pulled the boat) to get to the road to investigate. Once I reached the road, I was expecting to find my (or the neighbors') mailbox on the ground - but the only thing down was a road sign between driveways on a corner. I could still see the tail lights in the distance, so I put the throttle down with my lights off in pursuit (it's in the country - that's how we roll). Once I was right on his *** and he had to stop at a sign, I hit the lights to get the plate. He took off, leaving rubber contrails behind him, but I had the plate.

I went back to the "scene of the crime" to check things out, and the tracks made it clear the driver was an *** - intentionally knocking down the sign with his back bumper. This particular sign is a corner warning sign, helping to keep other drivers from crashing through a whole orchard of trees on a tight corner. So... I called the cops and gave him the pictures I took, the plate, and a description of the vehicle. I later learned the officer paid him a visit, matched the vehicle and tire tracks, the owner (only person there with the vehicle) was drunk, and was due in court later in the week for a DUI.

My name was on the report, so the driver (who had to plead out to the sign because he was nailed dead-to-rights) returned to my driveway to take it out on my mailbox with a baseball bat. What he couldn't know was I had a "double" mailbox... meaning it was a big mailbox on the outside, with a small box on the inside, and cement filling the gap between the two - not unlike this:

I laughed so freaking hard when I found the broken bat nearby... while visions of a screaming drunk shaking his hands danced in my head.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:40 AM
axmrdr
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's funny right there!

Old 05-21-2018, 09:17 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
That concrete mailbox is an excellent idea and if I ever start having those bat problems I'll add a concrete box in front of my regular one.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:58 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
I was able to leave a visitor message but that's all, which I have done.