Anyone done the rebuild kit for their sunroof? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Anyone done the rebuild kit for their sunroof?

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 05-14-2018, 04:27 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud of

All the hardware in the sunroof is cheap plastic. It screwed up on me today, and wouldn't even close all the way. It wouldn't slide or tilt properly. After messing with it for awhile, I finally got things freed up enough to close, but it's only just laying in place, not held in place. I think it will leak for sure....

The kits are only like $120 bucks, but I'm curious who has done this job, and if it's labor intensive for a do-it-yourself type. Thanks

Old 05-16-2018, 07:59 PM
BlueZ
New User
BlueZ is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had the same issue recently. My sunroof wouldn't tilt back up to seal after hearing a loud pop, but I managed to get it shut fully. I sealed it with glass sealant and mine hasn't leaked for the past few months. I pushed down on the one side that wouldn't close originally to make sure wind or pressure didn't cause it to drop down before sealing it shut. The sunroof won't be difficult to repair, but will be time consuming since you have to pull the whole thing out. I plan to fix mine eventually, but did not feel like dealing with this yet.

Video

Old 05-17-2018, 09:20 AM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud of
The main thing I'm concerned about, is how all that crap goes together in the track. The video doesn't show it really, and I'm not sure if there's a diagram included or not. My parts should arrive Monday, and I'll get it done asap before camping Memorial Day weekend! I think the windshield might have to come out, to get the headliner fully out of the way

Old 05-17-2018, 07:59 PM
BlueZ
New User
BlueZ is starting off with a positive reputation.
Like anything else, take pictures as you go so you know the orientation and where each item goes. The parts are fundamentally the same as OEM so follow the same procedure as disassembly and you should be fine. The video will probably make more sense as you start working it or see it first hand. The headliner seems like the more tedious part of this process.

Old 05-20-2018, 08:00 PM
Nipperdog
Elder User
Nipperdog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
After watching a couple of min. Of that Video I decided to never operate my Sunroof again. I never wanted it anyway the Truck came that way.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:01 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Nipperdog View Post
After watching a couple of min. Of that Video I decided to never operate my Sunroof again. I never wanted it anyway the Truck came that way.
once mine is fixed, I won't use it either!