'07 6.0 Super Duty Revival - Page 7 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

'07 6.0 Super Duty Revival

Reply

 
 
 
  #91  
Old 09-15-2018, 09:20 PM
Azryael's Avatar
Azryael
Azryael is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 858
Azryael is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Azryael is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post
Oh God, I'm just in the midst of long blocking a 1.5L on a 2017 Escape right now. This one was blowing white smoke out the tailpipe. Cooling system was bone dry. Another dealer already replaced the intake manifold and charge air cooler for the same complaint. When I drained the crankcase, it was full of oil/coolant mixture.
Yikes! Bad head gasket or what was the deal? That's concerning. I'm hoping that's an oversight on someone's part on that very vehicle, and not something inherently wrong with the entire run of vehicles!
 
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 09-15-2018, 09:20 PM
texastech_diesel's Avatar
texastech_diesel
texastech_diesel is offline
Disgruntled Texan
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Weatherford, TX
Posts: 8,857
texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
Mike. Dude. Feed him 6.0 happy stories so he hangs around when he's done with his current mess.
 
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 09-15-2018, 09:20 PM
m-chan68's Avatar
m-chan68
m-chan68 is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,350
m-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Azryael View Post
Code P2614 - Camshaft Position Output Circuit / Open --- So it seems I've found my culprit and you were right! I'm glad it's this and not any of the injectors, though I'll be performing the test once again to see if there is a change in those two injectors after (if) I get it successfully started.
The resistance spec for the CMP sensor is 800 to 1100 ohms. A quick check you could try would be to disconnect the middle PCM connector, and take a measurement between the two pins for the CMP sensor circuit. That'll tell you very quickly if you have a high resistance and/or open circuit on the wiring.
 
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 09-15-2018, 09:28 PM
m-chan68's Avatar
m-chan68
m-chan68 is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,350
m-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by texastech_diesel View Post
Mike. Dude. Feed him 6.0 happy stories so he hangs around when he's done with his current mess.
I was hoping he would tell me his wife got either the base 2.5L non turbocharged or the 2.0L Ecoboost engine for her Escape. Let me tell you, the number of 1.6L and 1.5L engines I've replaced on Fusions and Escapes, I'd rather replace an engine on a 6.0L F-SERIES. Believe it or not, way easier to replace than these stupidly overengineered, monumentally complex tiny four bangers that quality has really gone down the toilet. I'm just being brutally honest.
 
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 09-15-2018, 09:34 PM
texastech_diesel's Avatar
texastech_diesel
texastech_diesel is offline
Disgruntled Texan
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Weatherford, TX
Posts: 8,857
texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
Would you rather replace an E-Series 6.0?

Because if you would.... wow!

I have a 130K 3.0 in an Escape that's been that that's been great. Way better than a 3.6 Mopar V6 in a Jeep.
 
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 09-15-2018, 09:43 PM
Azryael's Avatar
Azryael
Azryael is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 858
Azryael is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Azryael is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by texastech_diesel View Post
Mike. Dude. Feed him 6.0 happy stories so he hangs around when he's done with his current mess.
As much as I love the look of these trucks, and would love one, I'm on the fence about the prospect of owning one for myself. I'm going to be needing a dually in the near future, as there are things I just don't want to do in my '96.

Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post
The resistance spec for the CMP sensor is 800 to 1100 ohms. A quick check you could try would be to disconnect the middle PCM connector, and take a measurement between the two pins for the CMP sensor circuit. That'll tell you very quickly if you have a high resistance and/or open circuit on the wiring.
I'll check that when I can. Not sure if I'll make it out to the truck tomorrow or not. If not, then Monday.

Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post
I was hoping he would tell me his wife got either the base 2.5L non turbocharged or the 2.0L Ecoboost engine for her Escape. Let me tell you, the number of 1.6L and 1.5L engines I've replaced on Fusions and Escapes, I'd rather replace an engine on a 6.0L F-SERIES. Believe it or not, way easier to replace than these stupidly overengineered, monumentally complex tiny four bangers that quality has really gone down the toilet. I'm just being brutally honest.
I wish she was into cars enough to buy something fun...

I'm actually going to be putting in a built 2.3 from SpeedPerf6rmanc3 into a Focus RS to replace the original motor that was somehow destroyed... guy plans to attempt to make 700HP (not sure if he means wheel or crank HP, but the guy is NOT very bright when it comes to cars). We'll be making an upgraded intercooler and using a larger turbo... I'm not actually looking forward to this lol, but money is money!
 
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 09-15-2018, 09:47 PM
m-chan68's Avatar
m-chan68
m-chan68 is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,350
m-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by texastech_diesel View Post
Mike. Dude. Feed him 6.0 happy stories so he hangs around when he's done with his current mess.
Okay, you want happy stories? I had a 2007 F-250 6.0L that i bought used, back in 2011 with 60K miles on it. My wife was very specific in getting me to source out either a late '06 or '07 model year 6.0 because those were the versions that she loved the sound of the "clacking" on (that apparently the '03 to '05 versions are different from and not as appealing audibly). I put another 60K miles on it from September 2011 to July of 2015 needing only to replace one injector on it, before selling it to its new owner, to get into my current 2016 6.7L F-250 that I've been extremely happy with thus far. In those four years of ownership of my 6.0L, I had stockpiled a lot of new unopened parts namely FICM, EGR cooler, oil cooler dummy rail plugs, head gaskets, lifters, coolant bottle and cap, blue spring kit, STC fitting etc. Turned out, I needed NONE of those parts. To this day, she still misses the 6.0L even though she loves the power of my new truck.

There, that's a happy 6.0L story, right?
 
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 09-15-2018, 09:52 PM
Azryael's Avatar
Azryael
Azryael is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 858
Azryael is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Azryael is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post
Okay, you want happy stories? I had a 2007 F-250 6.0L that i bought used, back in 2011 with 60K miles on it. My wife was very specific in getting me to source out either a late '06 or '07 model year 6.0 because those were the versions that she loved the sound of the "clacking" on (that apparently the '03 to '05 versions are different from and not as appealing audibly). I put another 60K miles on it from September 2011 to July of 2015 needing only to replace one injector on it, before selling it to its new owner, to get into my current 2016 6.7L F-250 that I've been extremely happy with thus far. In those four years of ownership of my 6.0L, I had stockpiled a lot of new unopened parts namely FICM, EGR cooler, oil cooler dummy rail plugs, head gaskets, lifters, coolant bottle and cap, blue spring kit, STC fitting etc. Turned out, I needed NONE of those parts. To this day, she still misses the 6.0L even though she loves the power of my new truck.

There, that's a happy 6.0L story, right?
I had no idea erotic literature was allowed!
 
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 09-15-2018, 09:59 PM
texastech_diesel's Avatar
texastech_diesel
texastech_diesel is offline
Disgruntled Texan
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Weatherford, TX
Posts: 8,857
texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post
There, that's a happy 6.0L story, right?
My wife will spend the night lonely while I re-read your words of love
 
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 09-17-2018, 12:19 PM
Azryael's Avatar
Azryael
Azryael is offline
Elder User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 858
Azryael is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Azryael is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Resistance is within spec. Expecting the new sensor tomorrow.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
fordtruck44
FE & FT Big Block V8 (332, 352, 360, 390, 406, 410, 427, 428)
5
06-11-2008 12:50 PM
Redmanbob
1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
0
10-19-2006 07:50 AM
gtex
FE & FT Big Block V8 (332, 352, 360, 390, 406, 410, 427, 428)
25
05-15-2004 03:39 PM
P37-007
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
3
04-22-2003 06:58 PM
leprechaun
1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
1
01-16-2001 01:01 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '07 6.0 Super Duty Revival


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.