1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 6.0 Super Duty Revival

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 08:39 PM
Azryael
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So here's what came out of the rad from the petcock. Looks like red/pink to me. Ignore the leaves, a gust of wind blew them around at the wrong time!

Old 06-19-2018, 03:11 PM
Azryael
Laughing Gas
I have excellent news! The original PCM has been found!

It should be in my hands in a day or two, so here's hoping it still works.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:14 PM
FiznUKa
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Azryael
I have excellent news! The original PCM has been found!

It should be in my hands in a day or two, so here's hoping it still works.

Thats great news How’s it going

Old 06-21-2018, 12:14 AM
Azryael
Laughing Gas
I haven't been able to get out like I wanted to this week.

It's been ridiculously rainy and I've been swamped with work. Shooting for Friday to take the day off and get some stuff done!

PCM should be back in my possession by then, too. If I end up with everything else I need tomorrow, this weekend should see the first start this truck has had in two years or so.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:17 PM
Azryael
Laughing Gas
Little but of an update. Got out there today to get the new pressure regulator installed on the bowl and new filter element in place, as well as getting the new EBP sensor installed.

Still looking for the right hardware for the VGT, and the ICP hasn't arrived yet. New alternator is still pending arrival as well. PCM still hasn't found it's way to me yet, so another delay there.

Anyway, as I was hooking up the harness for the the EBP, I figured I'd go ahead and plug in the IPR as well, come to find out after having a hell of a time looking back there, it's not there!! I'm honestly not even sure how the guy got it out with all the stuff that's in the way... so that's gonna have to be ordered.

Radiator flushed out okay, but haven't move on to the motor just yet, that will come soon.

It's a much slower process than I had hoped, but actually in the ballpark for what I anticipated.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:21 PM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
Somehow, this little money pit just seems to be growing and growing and growing with every update.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:05 PM
Azryael
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by m-chan68
Somehow, this little money pit just seems to be growing and growing and growing with every update.
You're telling me... there's no telling if this thing is even going to run correctly when it's all said and done. With the way the interior was trashed, there's no telling what could be hosed behind the instrument cluster.

Primary goal is to get it running, turn over the keys, and look elsewhere for a properly maintained truck.

With that said, I do enjoy the experience I get working on it, so gotta look at some of the positives.

I still appreciate all the resources I've been given to fix this thing up, it's definitely been very valuable. The next update will come in a couple of days, hopefully we get some stormy weather to cut down on the heat. At this point I'd rather work in the rain than on a scorching hot day.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:32 PM
Azryael
Laughing Gas
I've gotten everything buttoned up and installed as needed. Topped up for now with distilled water, and the oil levels are still good.

Turned over the motor using the remote start wire as suggested, starter seems a little weak but I'm betting that has to do with the batteries.

There's still something missing from the air cleaner (besides the clips to clip the air cleaner assembly together):

Then I also found this:

I attempted to start it, but I get nothing due to super corroded terminals and year and half old batteries that are leaking from the posts. I'm getting new batteries and looking for solutions on the terminals beyond getting a new cable set from Ford.

I pulled codes and got the following:

B1318 - Low battery voltage (likely due to the issues mentioned above)
B1352 - Key-In failure (lack of a door chime, not worried about it)
B2900 - ABS VIN mismatch (not sure what that's all about, but I assume the module is out of another truck)
P1000 - Just the OBD-II monitor testing incomplete, not worried about that
U1900 - CAN Bus Connection (probably ABS/TBC related as I get a TBC error thrown at me at the little screen between the gauges)

None of the HVAC controls work, which is not a surprise to me... I will look into all that after the truck starts and successfully runs. I see now why even these older trucks go for serious money if they are well maintained... they can get expensive quickly if they aren't!

Old 09-07-2018, 04:44 PM
FiznUKa
Posting Guru
Top pic is for the air filter minder on the air box

Old 09-07-2018, 04:47 PM
Azryael
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by FiznUKa
Top pic is for the air filter minder on the air box
Doh!! I looked at some photos and that totally slipped my mind. Truck won't notice it's missing then.

Old 09-07-2018, 05:45 PM
FiznUKa
Posting Guru
Except for the hole. Check to make sure the IAT sensor on the top tube is there.

Old 09-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Azryael
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by FiznUKa
Except for the hole. Check to make sure the IAT sensor on the top tube is there.
It is and plugged in.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:17 PM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
Perhaps you don't need me to remind you, but if you are using the remote starter to crank the engine over, make sure the transmission is in NEUTRAL obviously. You know what will happen if it's not.😁

Are you at least getting the injector pre-cycle buzz when the key is turned to the RUN position?

Old 09-07-2018, 08:07 PM
Azryael
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by m-chan68
Perhaps you don't need me to remind you, but if you are using the remote starter to crank the engine over, make sure the transmission is in NEUTRAL obviously. You know what will happen if it's not.😁

Are you at least getting the injector pre-cycle buzz when the key is turned to the RUN position?
It was in Neutral I remembered.

If by buzz you mean clicking? Then yes. Tomorrow may be the day provided the batteries are brought to me.

I feel bad for this truck that it ended up the way it has...

Need another remind of how NOT to install a King Ranch interior? Here ya go!

Old 09-08-2018, 05:23 PM
dx3
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From experience, it appears this interior designer was using meth.

Quick Reply: '07 6.0 Super Duty Revival