'07 6.0 Super Duty Revival - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

'07 6.0 Super Duty Revival

Old 06-11-2018, 04:34 PM
Azryael
Elder User
Azryael is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Azryael is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm alright with sharing the VIN, you'll just have to give me some time to head back out there and get it. I probably won't head back out til Wednesday.

I also need to fix the frame horns to fit the stock bumper... guy did a serious number on those when he poorly installed that ranch hand he chopped parts off of too...

The same guy did this:

Yes, that is a 6" lag screw threaded into a hole drilled into the cab floor in an attempt to hold that rear bracket of the seat down... with what appears to be a generic WOOD screw for support.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:38 PM
texastech_diesel
Disgruntled Texan
texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
That's just terrible

Did the purchase start with something like this:
Originally Posted by Craigslist Ad
$50,000 - full custom upgraded interior - MINT!!!

Old 06-11-2018, 04:55 PM
Azryael
Elder User
Azryael is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Azryael is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Haha! No! He bought the truck at an auction several years back, in near mint shape. It wasn't until he started a business with the aforementioned "welder" above that the truck took a turn for the worse after experiencing some issues on a trip back from Houston.

I've not purchased the truck just yet; something tells me to go for something that needs less work.

Right now my goal is to fix it up so we can use it as a work truck for a project we've got going on. It would probably be after that, that I would have the option to buy it.

If it already were mine, I'd strongly consider the '11-16 front clip, as I really love how they look. I feel the dually fender flares on the '99-07 trucks were the best. They just look flatout weird and too small on the '08-16 trucks! Looks like they got the shape right again for the 2018s.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:14 PM
FiznUKa
Posting Guru
FiznUKa has a very good reputation on FTE.FiznUKa has a very good reputation on FTE.FiznUKa has a very good reputation on FTE.
Didn’t release the 6.0 coffee table book was only for the 03-04 here is the running changes made for MY05-07.

2005 6.0L Bible Update Table of Contents

Old 06-11-2018, 05:23 PM
Azryael
Elder User
Awesome, I'll browse through it!

Here's all the intake hardware, which appears to be everything. I tossed the air filter because it was garbage and had a new one ordered.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:34 PM
Azryael
Elder User
Expecting some parts in today, and hopefully I'll be able to get them installed tomorrow after my trip up to Austin.

Might bring some cleaning material to clean up a bit.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:15 PM
Azryael
Elder User
Didn't get a chance to actually do anything! By the time I was on the road, I realized I forgot the key to the truck, doh!

But I did pick up a new air filter, thermostat, degas bottle cap, and fuel pump.

Concerning the fuel pump, it's a Motorcraft unit, but does it come with a filter element pre-installed, or do I need to open it and toss in the replacement I've got?

Old 06-13-2018, 10:43 PM
Azryael
Elder User
So I did manage to get out there, but ran out of daylight and forgot both a flashlight and an extension cord for my flood light.

The IAT that goes into the intake tubing is missing, so I gotta order that up.

I found these various brackets inside the cab, and am wondering what's what. I'm almost positive the one of the far right is for the VGT, based off photos I've seen and what's in the various documentation provided to me, but I can't place the rest of them.

The IAT2 is located on the intake manifold itself right next to the oil filter/fuel filter housing, correct? I'm not sure why I didn't look to see if it was present, but the thought just occurred to me as I'm typing up this post and going over a list of small components like that.

ETA: It just hit me, reading the manual that TexasTech provided, vehicles with a MAF sensor do NOT have the separate IAT in the ducting because it's integrated within the MAF. Am I okay then to omit purchasing the IAT, and just focus on making sure the MAF is good and the IAT2?

Old 06-14-2018, 12:22 AM
Azryael
Elder User
So I did also snake cam it, and the picture quality and size leaves much to be desired, but you can see why I have increased concerns about the block itself.

The dates in the photos are also whacked out for whatever reason. I had set it when I first got it a month ago, but I guess it decided not to remember.

Here are some shots going into the inlet tube coming from the degas bottle:

Here's coming in from the thermostat:

And lastly, I picked up 4 gallons of this stuff:

This is all that was available close to me in terms of CAT EC-1 standard stuff without going well into town to the heavy duty diesel shops.

Will this in fact fit the bill?

Old 06-14-2018, 06:31 AM
Firefighter 1406
Postmaster
Firefighter 1406 has a very good reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a very good reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a very good reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a very good reputation on FTE.
It’s a shame that somebody could mess that truck up to bad. I would think that coolant would work just fine.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:59 AM
texastech_diesel
Disgruntled Texan
texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Azryael View Post
And lastly, I picked up 4 gallons of this stuff:
That'll do it. 3.5 gals of the concentrate then top it off with distilled.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:08 PM
Azryael
Elder User
Perfect.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to get the front cover off.

Old 06-15-2018, 01:13 PM
Azryael
Elder User
No dice getting out there today just yet...

What year range of PCMs will work? '04-07? Nothing available locally at the yards as I've called around. Saw some units on eBay, but the only manual was from an '04.

Old 06-15-2018, 03:47 PM
m-chan68
Postmaster
m-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputation
Any PCM that originates from an F-250/F-350 manual transmission with a build date of January 2006 or newer will be virtually identical in calibration strategy to the truck you're working on.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:09 PM
Azryael
Elder User
So it's gotta be '06+, got it.

I will continue looking around, perhaps give LKQ a call and see what they can do for me.

Really not sure why it was taken out and not kept in the truck... as far as I know, the FICM seems to be the module that fails the most, with PCM failures for this particular model being almost none to speak of.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.