2012 F-250 6.7 Powerstroke Non-Responsive throttle when taking off from a stop - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

2012 F-250 6.7 Powerstroke Non-Responsive throttle when taking off from a stop

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 F-250 6.7 Powerstroke Non-Responsive throttle when taking off from a stop

Old 05-14-2018, 10:07 PM
SilentWeld
New User
SilentWeld is starting off with a positive reputation.
No, I didn't back up the tunes when they sent it... oops. First time I changed the tune was when I started having the issue. I don't have any intention to switch between tunes. I only tuned it to get rid of the DPF, so if I can get this fixed then it will stay in tow all the time.

Old 05-15-2018, 03:02 PM
cappa
Senior User
cappa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Are you running an intake at all when deleted? Did you ask tyrant if you needed to unplug the throttle body connector under the hood. I was going to ask about the egr electrical plugs as well but they would be unplugged if you did a full egr delete. Have heard of a little lag when ppl install the nl stage 2 intake without properly adjusted tunes, some have had the tube backwards causing the maf to be facing the wrong way, sounded like this caused some major lag. My tuner told me to unplug the connectors under the hood even thou the egr valve was already tuned shut, and it made it a little snappier off the line. For the record tyrant is one of the better tuners out there, judging from all the reviews on psa. Not sure if any of this helps just throwing some ideas out there.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:45 PM
SilentWeld
New User
SilentWeld is starting off with a positive reputation.
Everything is stock except the delete for the DPF and the EGR. I have already unplugged the throttle body connector and removed the disk from the throttle body shaft.

I have heard that Tyrant is one of the better tunes which is why I went with them rather than the Gearhead tunes. What I find really odd at this stage is that it it didn't act up immediately when I installed the tune. Something has to have changed, I am just not sure what...

Still waiting to hear back from Alligator. They have contacted Tyrant and he is working the problem apparently.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: