Vid of the 2019 Ranger testing - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > 2019 Ranger
Reload this Page >

Vid of the 2019 Ranger testing

Notices
2019 Ranger Everything about the new 2019 Ford Ranger.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:28 PM
Johnny Mayday
FTE Town Crier
Johnny Mayday is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Until I saw this on the HP, I didn't know that Ford used robotic drivers to prevent human injuries, but I guess it should have occurred to me. That said, I really want to see what a Ranger Raptor could do...

Old 05-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Johnny Mayday
FTE Town Crier
Johnny Mayday is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday View Post
Until I saw this on the HP, I didn't know that Ford used robotic drivers to prevent human injuries, but I guess it should have occurred to me. That said, I really want to see what a Ranger Raptor could do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RPkKcaRNdI
I wonder how long it'll be before someone swaps in the Coyote motor?

Old 05-31-2018, 02:36 PM
Pgh Rebel
Posting Guru
Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday View Post
I wonder how long it'll be before someone swaps in the Coyote motor?
I'm willing to take the initial test drive!

Old 06-11-2018, 12:59 PM
92F350CC
Posting Guru
92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future92F350CC has a brilliant future
Would a Coyote even fit in there? This truck was designed for I4 engines that they use overseas. And the Coyote is a huge **** externally.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:50 PM
YoGeorge
Postmaster
YoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud ofYoGeorge has much to be proud of
Every engine in the T6 Ranger and current Ford Everest is an inline 4 or 5 cylinder engine. So if you want to stay Ford-based, a V6 like the 2.7 or 3.5 Ecoboost is probably the biggest engine that will realistically fit... It would be nice to see one of those 2 engines in the new Ranger and Bronco.

Putting overhead cams on its V8's was not, imo, Ford's most logical engineering move. The Coyote is 29" wide compared to an old 460 at 27" wide...and the current Chrysler Hemi is under 27" with exhaust manifolds.

Here's an interesting article I found the other week about a V8 swap into a new Jeep Wrangler....but they are using a Chevy engine https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...er-ls-v8-swap/

George

Old 06-13-2018, 10:45 AM
Pgh Rebel
Posting Guru
Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.Pgh Rebel has a good reputation on FTE.
Where there's a will there's a way. Or should I say where there's Jack Rousch Motorsports, there's a way! Leave it to Rousch to figure out how to wedge a V8 in that puppy! Too bad I suck at creating visual graphics because right now I'm envisioning a blacked-out 2wd Ranger wide body complete with a front chin spoiler, extra LED lighting, and a huge gaping mouth of a grille to feed cold air directly to a supercharger. Eat this, SVT Lightning!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: