Marketplace Ford Trucks and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

1999 F-350 Lifted Dually

For Sale

1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty

05-07-2018, 12:29 AM | Replies: 2 | Views: 2951
  • 1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty - 1999 F-350 Lifted Dually - Used - VIN 1FTWW33F8XEA63693 - 335 Miles - 8 cyl - 4WD - Manual - Truck - Black - Leander, TX 78641, United States
    Sold
  • 1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty - 1999 F-350 Lifted Dually - Used - VIN 1FTWW33F8XEA63693 - 335 Miles - 8 cyl - 4WD - Manual - Truck - Black - Leander, TX 78641, United States
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
Senior User

• Price
    $9,900
    • OBO
  • Location Leander, TX, 78641, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN 1FTWW33F8XEA63693
  • Mileage 335
  • Engine 8 cyl
  • Drive Type 4WD
  • Transmission Manual
  • Vehicle Type Truck
  • Exterior Color Black
Description:

Selling my 1999 Ford F-350 7.3L SuperDuty dually. First the background. I found this 1999 in Mississippi on CL. Bought it sight unseen. Drove it from Jackson to Austin in a day almost non-stop. Then after completing the process to get it titled and registered in TEXAS, I dunno, I just decided that I preferred the stock configuration over the lift. I didn't think I'd feel that way, and I still like the stance that the 1999 has over my 2000's stock stance. And the factory-recommended tires on my 2000 look kinda skinny by comparison but ... eh I dunno. I just decided to retain the stock truck. Most folk prefer the lift and I think it's cool too. But I can't keep both trucks to suit whatever mood I'm in on any given day and must make a choice. So I'm selling the 1999. I hope you can make a good home for it and I hope to sell it to a fellow FTE member who can appreciate it and take care of it.

Now on to the details regarding the truck itself. And know that I have a CarFax report that I ran prior to purchasing the truck that I'm willing to pass on (if I can find it) if anyone is seriously interested. Again, this is a 1999 F-350 SuperDuty 7.3L diesel dually, crew cab, long bed, 4x4. 335,xxx miles. It is running on what appears to be a 4" lift, though it could be 3", not sure. It runs 315 tires though, so it sits high. The exterior is painted black while the interior is tan. The front has bucket seats with a center console and a bench seat in the back. Other stuff that comes to mind that I know the truck has:

1) Factory alarm, door lock/unlock with fob
2) 6-speed manual transmission (ZF-6)
3) Manual locking hubs with floor shifter
4) Brake controller
5) Brake plug in the bed in addition to the hitch
6) Tinted windows
7) Block heater (cold start assist)
8) Fuel heater
9) Aftermarket fuel and air filters
10) Upgraded 2001 door mirrors that can fold in either direction

Here is the list of stuff that the previous owner did to it prior to selling (which I verified):

* New CPS
* New water pump
* New brake hoses on the front, both driver's and passenger's side
* New brake pads on the front, both driver's and passenger's side
* Upgraded coolant cap

And here's what I did to it thinking that I was going to keep it:

* Fixed cabin leak
* New brake caliper, driver's side
* Brake bleed
* New bedliner (removed the surface rust, scuffed the bed with a DA, cleaned it off, then laid down the liner)
* Tailgate latch repair

A quick note regarding the first item. The previous owner told me that the truck had a small leak in the cabin and it had been that way since he bought it. It wasn't bad nor did it contain a noticeable odor. He wasn't too mechanically inclined, so he lived with it. Not for me. I verified his story via a water hose, then removed the entire interior and took a look. As it turned out, someone had installed a light bar on this thing at one time or another but failed to plug the holes that were left when they removed it. In addition, the aft cabin vents are notorious on trucks of this era, and this truck was no exception. So. I fabricated small patch panels for the holes, welded them on, then applied primer, paint and clear. To correct the cabin vents, I applied a generous bead of silicone around the plastic vents and reinserted them into position. A water hose test showed that this cabin was then as leak free as it could be. Success! I then reinstalled the interior once I was satisfied with the repair.

Known issues. Like all 19 year old trucks, this one has a couple of minor iggly-wigglies that could be corrected and rather easily really. This is the list as I know it:

1) The passenger side rear window doesn't move up or down with the switch on that door. It can however be moved up and down via the switch on the driver's door. Should be a simple fix.
2) The passenger side door lock won't operate via any switch in the cabin (either front door switch that is). However the door will unlock via the fob. Wha-? Hah! It also makes a strange noise. So it was time to replace it. I bought a replacement unit but haven't installed it yet. I will include it with the truck if you want.
3) The glove compartment exterior panel is cracked. The compartment functions, but the crack is overt and obvious. Like the passenger door, I bought a replacement but haven't installed it because it is a different color. I had planned on taking in the old one to get some interior panel paint mixed to match the old color, then painting this replacement panel. I will include this replacement panel with the truck too, if the buyer wants that.
4) I'm not happy with the boost numbers that I'm seeing. Or that I appear to be seeing anyway. I noticed fluttering around the spider, so it might have a leak, or that could have been nothing. The turbo could need some attention. Not a huge deal for folk on this forum, I realize, but I wanted to put it out there.

So that's it. Note that this truck, based on its manufacture date, has the forged piston rods and not the PMRs, which is a good thing IMHO. Also, this truck has the manual, 6-speed transmission with the "granny gear" for towing. It also has the manual locking hubs with the floor shifter for the 4x4 control. Together this is a rare combination. I searched for exactly this configuration for quite a while prior to finding this truck. I wanted such a configuration to avoid the issues that inevitably come with rebuilding the automatic transmission that these trucks came with (cores are becoming more difficult to come by, along with other issues that the manual transmission doesn't have) and to avoid the vacuum-driven 4x4 selector, which comes with its own set of issues too. Nope, I wanted a manual setup that was easier to maintain, less expensive to fix and that would likely last longer, provided that I took care of it, which I would have if I kept the truck. I have a clear, blue TEXAS title in my name. No ownership issues to concern yourself with either.

Finally, I am open to offers, but I've already reduced my asking price for the FTE forums in comparison to what I asked for it locally on CL. The difference primarily being put in place to correct whatever turbo issue there might be. Mind you, I wasn't being dishonest with my local CL ad. I just did that because CL is notorious for the receipt of lowball offers no matter how good whatever you're selling is. With that in mind I went with $11,000 there, thinking I'd end up about where I'm planning to based on that audience. By contrast, I realize that the FTE crowd "gets" these trucks and understands the value of what they see. So if you're serious and sincere, I will work with you. Any questions let me know.

Thanks!

Old 05-24-2018, 02:55 PM
Amicus
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Still for sale?

Old 05-25-2018, 09:32 PM
av8or1
Senior User
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
No, afraid not but thank you for inquiring. My neighbor bought it before I could really even attempt to sell it.