mattri
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anything new?

Old 08-21-2018, 08:27 PM
worldchampgramp2
Cross-Country
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gramps is somewhat behind with most everything as I had to prioritize my trip to Ohio as a VIP guest at the 50TH anniversary of the lightweight 428 Cobra Jet Mustangs. I plan to cultivate some worthwhile sponsor resources for our future manufacturing plans. Yes eventually Gramps thinks The BSX-Flow and The SVO Sr heads should be custom cast to my proven specs as the end all be all solution. Of course that’s a ways out but Gramps welcomes your comments as we move forward toward new levels of reliable performance. If you are coming to Norwalk OH this weekend introduce yourself at one of the planned autograph sessions. Cheers

Old 09-05-2018, 02:31 PM
worldchampgramp2
Cross-Country
Overdue Big Six Development Program update

Gramps Reporting in:The trip to Summit Motorsports Park was productive. Many Old & New contacts were made who are NOW fully aware of my efforts to complete this challenging “Triple Play” cylinder head development project. New Ford Motor Company contracts has resulted in my gaining access to their blueprint archives for crucial prints necessary to greatly assist in our machining and flow bench efforts.More to come about that later.Here’s where we stand as of this date.
  1. SVO Jr 300 EFI head flow work, chamber CC’s and valve size specs are finalized.
  2. SVO Sr 300 EFI head flow work is progressing nicely toward or goal of offering a 260 CFM intake port flow configuration.
  3. BSX-Flow is our fabricated Aluminum Casting Cross Flow almost ready for final processing with an anticipated functional completion date of first quarter of 2019.Our First Dynamometer test engine using the SVO Jr head is currently waiting for delivery of Auto-Tec pistons, followed by final assembly and testing in 4BBL configuration on the pump.We have cemented a field test Event and relationship with a Forum Member to ‘ring-out’ the SVO Jr head under ideal same day, same engine, same car, same driver, same track conditions using a near bone stock fresh 300 EFI rebuild and swapping out our SVO Jr head [on the spot] for what we think will be proof positive of its performance capabilities. We are seeking other forum members who may be using a extensively ported EFI u-flow, on whatever vehicle and or competitive venue they are actively involved in, to partner with us in a similar testing scenario as outlined above for the SVO Jr comparison. Please PM me if you have interest in cooperating in this planned SVO Sr performance endeavor.A side note>> Standing on that starting line again after a 40-year absence, feeling the ground vibrate from power producing waves, savoring those unique smells of extreme combustion pressure exhaust fumes etc. etc. has hooked me again, inspired me again and reminds me of just how much I have missed that former Motorsports part of my existence. Prediction: I am certain that the BSX-Flow head will be tested in 2019, by yours truly on a Don Hardy Pinto body chassis, replete with a Nash 5-speed almost identical to what I campaigned so successfully in the mid to late 1970’s. My Machinist friend AL, like me, is hell bent on making this happen.“Gramps”

Last edited by worldchampgramp2; 09-05-2018 at 02:48 PM. Reason: type setting
Old 09-21-2018, 11:20 PM
weswes01
Senior User
Hey guys,

I wanted to give everyone an up date. While things have been a little quite here. Things are still moving along. Bruce and I try and touch base every week or so.

Most of you know that the Jr SVO Head is finished, flowing up to 230 cfm. Bruce then took some much needed time off to an event in Ohio. The Sr SVO Head is now in the works. The logistics of this project are constantly being reviewed and discussed as new options and opportunities keep surfacing.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:40 AM
worldchampgramp2
Cross-Country
Thank You Wes. Yes I have been quite BZ and only quiet posting-wise.

Things are rapidly coming together which will benefit our overall effort and eventually expand our product offerings to include:

Unique EFI and Turbo packages for all (3) cylinder heads

Bruce

Old 09-23-2018, 07:41 AM
worldchampgramp2
Cross-Country
EFI Head section

Gramps FINALLY figured out how to make a clean sandwich cut of 4.9L EFI head.
. Bruce

Old 09-28-2018, 11:37 PM
weswes01
Senior User

Every once in a while someone will ask “ how much can I deck the head?” Well fellas here is your answer. Bruce measured an average and fairly consistent deck thickness of .370”

Also note the powered metal rod that did not hold up to the turbo charged 600hp.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:41 AM
sevensecondsuv
Tuned
Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts
Wow! Been waiting for something like this to happen for a while. I'd personally be interested in one of the iron Jr heads for an F250 project. The crossflow head would open up some very interesting possibilities for a cobra-style roadster. Vintage straight six feel and exhaust note while giving up nothing to a sbf in the power dept.

I sent a small donation via paypal. I would really love to see these heads come to fruition.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:43 AM
pmuller
More Turbo
Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Short update
The first JR head has been completed and is waiting to be installed on a customer engine as soon as the short block is completed.
A new flow bench has been received and will be in operation this week.
The First SR head has been machined for 1.94/1.60 valves and is awaiting for the flow bench for porting.
Fixturing is being made for the crossflow head.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:51 AM
sevensecondsuv
Tuned
Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts
So on the Jr U flow heads, is the plan for final production to change the casting to match the as-ported Jr head that was just completed? Or will each one be manually ported (via hand or CNC) before shipping?

Old 10-09-2018, 12:42 PM
pmuller
More Turbo
Originally Posted by sevensecondsuv
So on the Jr U flow heads, is the plan for final production to change the casting to match the as-ported Jr head that was just completed? Or will each one be manually ported (via hand or CNC) before shipping?
As you know we are using new castings from Engine Quest which have more material in the casting than the Ford casting. That will be the base casting for both the JR and SR heads.
We will manually port as long as quantities stay low and will verify consistency using the flow bench.
If quantities increase to the point where it makes better sense to CNC to keep turn around time low then we will do that.

Old 10-19-2018, 04:35 PM
weswes01
Senior User
I have some sad news. This weekend Bruce lost a life time friend and partner in his former race team with the preparation H car. I will not paraphrase any more than that. For those interested, he went into detail over on ford six.

With death breads new life, and in this case a new motivation is added to the project as it now a “tribute” to his sons. A new flow bench has been purchased and both the SR U flow and cross flow head are in motion. There has also been some decisions made to help costs down and quality control up.

More to come soon

Old 11-14-2018, 11:24 AM
pmuller
More Turbo
I talked with Bruce yesterday and everything is in place at the shop to produce the JR head.

Please private message Bruce "worldchampgramp2" and let him know that you need a JR head.
We need to know what type of volume to prepare for.

We are just private individuals and not a business enterprise in hopes that this post does not violate forum rules.

Thanks

Old 11-16-2018, 10:25 PM
Twinturbor
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X flow head

Do we have a time frame for the cross flow head? I'm desperately waiting its release.

Quick Reply: Very exciting news! Three new cylinder head options