Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

Hey! New guy from Northville here

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 09:44 AM
Tbswick
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey! New guy from Northville here

I’m a new guy here from Northville. I’m looking forward to getting my “new to me” 1981 Ranger F350 XLT dually back on the road after 20+ more years of sitting. I’ve been told it’s a pretty “rare” find also, I don’t know though. Tell me what you think. 43,000 miles and 99% original. It has some rust but to be honest it’s rock solid for a Michigan truck. Plus I think the rust and patina gives give it character. I’ll probably just clean it up a bit and spray some sealer on it.

Old 05-07-2018, 04:45 PM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Not a bad lookin find at all! Welcome to the best chapter in FTE-ville.

Be sure to hide your beer fridge and pin yourself on the location maps.

Few guys down in your neck of the woods.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:58 AM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 588 Likes on 319 Posts
Welcome to our corner of FTE. Love the truck. Now. Where is your beer fridge?

Old 05-10-2018, 12:14 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 507 Likes on 171 Posts
Welcome sir! Like that era of truck, lots of good memories trying, and failing, to break those trucks as teenagers back home.
Mike is just being polite by asking, ha already knows the answer.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:06 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome! I grew up in Northville, lived there until moving to South Lyon a couple years ago. I can't speak on exact rarity, but you sure don't see many trucks like that around anymore, especially a dually.

I miss seeing the white with red center stripe OBS trucks that McDonald Ford used to have, especially in a dually. There's an SRW like that for sale along Beck right now, north of 96. I just wished I thought to go ask for a McDonald Ford license plate frame before they went out.

Old 05-11-2018, 05:13 PM
Tbswick
New User
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan
Welcome! I grew up in Northville, lived there until moving to South Lyon a couple years ago. I can't speak on exact rarity, but you sure don't see many trucks like that around anymore, especially a dually.

I miss seeing the white with red center stripe OBS trucks that McDonald Ford used to have, especially in a dually. There's an SRW like that for sale along Beck right now, north of 96. I just wished I thought to go ask for a McDonald Ford license plate frame before they went out.
Actually live in South Lyon but Northville mailing address lol. I’m going going to Beck and 96 tomorrow. There’s are real cool ammunition store by there if your into that stuff. I’ll keep my eye open for that truck. Probably at Lingenfelter Performance Engineering building. I’ve seen some clean trucks out there from time to time. Always way out of my price range.
Ive got another 85 Dually just like for sale. I think the 81 has more character though.

Old 05-11-2018, 06:34 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Tbswick

Actually live in South Lyon but Northville mailing address lol. I’m going going to Beck and 96 tomorrow. There’s are real cool ammunition store by there if your into that stuff. I’ll keep my eye open for that truck. Probably at Lingenfelter Performance Engineering building. I’ve seen some clean trucks out there from time to time. Always way out of my price range.
Ive got another 85 Dually just like for sale. I think the 81 has more character though.
Huron valleys new store is pretty nice, they were in Milford for a few years. Took my money on more than one occasion.
I've seen that red obs for sale as well, definitely not at Linginfelter, but haven't stopped to look either.

Old 05-11-2018, 06:49 PM
Tbswick
New User
Originally Posted by Chad149
Huron valleys new store is pretty nice, they were in Milford for a few years. Took my money on more than one occasion.
I've seen that red obs for sale as well, definitely not at Linginfelter, but haven't stopped to look either.

Huron Valley is my FFL. The place is amazing. I would buy my stripped AR lower when they were in Milford.
ive seen some pretty cool trucks outside of the Avanti dealer on Beck North of 96 south of west road on the west side. Thought that might be the place. I believe they have/had cars and coffee there before.
Ive also saw some pretty cool thing at the bakers car show off Milford road. I hit that place up a few times a year with the 66 Impala SS.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:00 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Tbswick

Huron Valley is my FFL. The place is amazing. I would buy my stripped AR lower when they were in Milford.
ive seen some pretty cool trucks outside of the Avanti dealer on Beck North of 96 south of west road on the west side. Thought that might be the place. I believe they have/had cars and coffee there before.
Ive also saw some pretty cool thing at the bakers car show off Milford road. I hit that place up a few times a year with the 66 Impala SS.
I don't get to bakers nearly often enough. My weekends fill up fast in the summer between camping trips. ..

Old 05-12-2018, 06:51 AM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

What's this 85 you mention?

Old 05-12-2018, 08:26 AM
Tbswick
New User

I have a 1985 F350 XL 2dr dually for sale. 460/C6.
New engine, new gas tank and a bunch of new dodads. It will need new fuel lines. It does have some rust but no rot. For a Midwest truck shes a tank

Old 05-12-2018, 08:33 AM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Whatcha askin for that?

Old 05-12-2018, 08:41 AM
Tbswick
New User
Originally Posted by Toyman
What's this 85 you mention?
asking $3000
I have receipts for the new engine also. The truck hasn’t even been on the road with the new engine yet

Old 05-12-2018, 01:41 PM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Would you sell it without the motor?

also is it manual or auto?

Would be sweet to convert to 4X4 and add some cummins power to it.

Old 05-12-2018, 01:43 PM
Tbswick
New User
Originally Posted by Toyman
Would you sell it without the motor?

also is it manual or auto?

Would be sweet to convert to 4X4 and add some cummins power to it.
for the right price anything is possible. 460/C6.

Quick Reply: Hey! New guy from Northville here