Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

door looms

Old 05-03-2018, 06:45 PM
jniolon
Postmaster
jniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant future
door looms

yea, that hickey thing that protects the wires from the kick panel to the door... like door locks, window controls, speaker wires, etc...
I bought a set of 'suicide door' looms and drilled the holes in the door and the a-pillar... they won't work.., the angle is too tight...

what are you 53-55 guys using..,. when the door is closed there is 1/4" between the door and the a-pillar face...

j

Old 05-03-2018, 08:18 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Buy these ones John, have them in both my trucks and no problems. The ones you have only kink and make you mad..
https://www.electric-life.com/produc...ip-on-collars/

Old 05-03-2018, 08:53 PM
jniolon
Postmaster
jniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant future
they look exactly like the oones I have ?????

Old 05-03-2018, 08:55 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
They pivot through a ball collar if you look closer John..and they work perfectly. I started with the same ones you have..

Old 05-03-2018, 09:01 PM
jniolon
Postmaster
I drilled my door and a-pillar 9" down from the bottom of the hinge and 1.5" in from inside door edge.. where are yours located ????? they have the same ball collar as yours... mine must be a cheap copy cause they didn't cost that much

Old 05-03-2018, 11:25 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
John,
A buddy and I are customizing a 58 Packard Starliner and we have been toying with this same thing.
A couple of weeks ago we hit the wrecking yard and ended up pulling some loom covers from a late model Saturn (I think). They look something like this;

Electric-Life Flexible Inclined Rubber Door Wire Looms 4301-70-011
The one in the picture is an aftermarket once from Summit
With the holes offset like that the center section will pivot as the door opens instead of kinking. Lots of different ones to look at on modern cars

Bobby

Old 05-04-2018, 08:25 AM
56panelford
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by jniolon View Post
I drilled my door and a-pillar 9" down from the bottom of the hinge and 1.5" in from inside door edge.. where are yours located ????? they have the same ball collar as yours... mine must be a cheap copy cause they didn't cost that much
Mine are drilled about 1/2" in from the inside and work perfectly, no kinking or binding..

Old 05-04-2018, 08:34 AM
jniolon
Postmaster
I was trying to stay away from the inside door panel... had already cut it away some for the window install

Old 05-04-2018, 08:38 AM
56panelford
Posting Legend
What way do you have yours facing, my loom goes into the kick panel and anchored to the door..

Old 05-25-2018, 08:24 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
Did you get this problem fixed John..?

Old 05-25-2018, 09:54 PM
jniolon
Postmaster
NO !!!!! %^^%#%&**( it! I bought another set from mid 50 at the show.,.,., much more limber than my originals.., tried them today and they still kink... now I'm trying to fabricate a tube that will run next to the upper hinge and exit thru the hinge pocket into the kick panel area... didn't get to play much and I'm hindered by shop space, I can't open the drivers or passengers door completely. ... More experimenting tomorrow !!

Old 05-25-2018, 09:55 PM
jniolon
Postmaster
John, what is the distance from the inside door face to the hole that your loom is attached through ???

Old 05-26-2018, 07:11 AM
49willard
Postmaster
49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.

John,
I can't offer anything specific about you installation however the sum of the wires for speakers, power window and power door required 2 looms per side. Sorry about the rotated picture!

Old 05-26-2018, 07:30 AM
jniolon
Postmaster
thanks bill

Old 05-26-2018, 08:24 AM
56panelford
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by jniolon View Post
John, what is the distance from the inside door face to the hole that your loom is attached through ???
I'll get you a picture today John..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: door looms

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.