Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

May is finally Here. Anybody have any may camping plans?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 11:38 AM
shawn.snow
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May is finally Here. Anybody have any may camping plans?

Good Morning Everyone!

It looks like may is here and spring has finally decided to show up. Anybody have any camping plans this month? We plan to head out to Salamonie Lake at the end of the month but are looking for some other great locations throughout the state.

Old 05-04-2018, 06:55 AM
Splash67
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by shawn.snow
Good Morning Everyone!

It looks like may is here and spring has finally decided to show up. Anybody have any camping plans this month? We plan to head out to Salamonie Lake at the end of the month but are looking for some other great locations throughout the state.
We are huge state park fans. We are blessed with an incredible state park system in Indiana and the state park camping opportunities in are spectacular!! We went to Patoka in March, O'Bannon Woods last weekend, and next weekend we are headed to Johnson County Park (OK so this one is a county park, but still we'll be camping!!!). We will also hit Starve Hollow 2-3 times, Brookville, and Whitewater.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:29 AM
gasman6674
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I am ready to go but life keeps getting in the way

Old 05-13-2018, 07:57 PM
shawn.snow
Senior User
Originally Posted by Splash67
We are huge state park fans. We are blessed with an incredible state park system in Indiana and the state park camping opportunities in are spectacular!! We went to Patoka in March, O'Bannon Woods last weekend, and next weekend we are headed to Johnson County Park (OK so this one is a county park, but still we'll be camping!!!). We will also hit Starve Hollow 2-3 times, Brookville, and Whitewater.
We are huge state park fans as well as we rarely camp at private campgrounds. The wife and I have been wanting to camp at O'Bannon woods but haven't made it down that way yet. 2 years ago we made it down to brown county and hit Mc McCormick's creek on the way back North. We just got back from vacation/visiting family in TN and are ready to get the truck fixed and the camper ready to go.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:59 PM
shawn.snow
Senior User
Originally Posted by gasman6674
I am ready to go but life keeps getting in the way
Jim,
I understand how that goes. We just got back from vacation/visiting family in TN and of course before we leave the truck decides it needs some front end work that I didn't have time to do and the shop claims nothings wrong so I have to address that before we can go camping. There is always something needing attention.