Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

We "May" have another monthly chat/BS thread? May-Be?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 08:00 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 190 Likes on 174 Posts
bob i wonder how that tow feature works bob?.. do you think it may electronically in pulses lock the trans into to a fwd.and rev. gear like a line lock or something like that... or just have a flap that blocks the exhaust like some diesel's.. or even open the exhaust vales like a jake brake..

alan i ordered a new fuel tank, rear wheel cyl. brake hoses, and a master cyl. i will have to get a battery for my ohm meter to check that sending unit before we install it.. could not think of much else we might need.. should have it all in a week or so

Old 05-01-2018, 09:19 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by whiskey runner
bob i wonder how that tow feature works bob?.. do you think it may electronically in pulses lock the trans into to a fwd.and rev. gear like a line lock or something like that... or just have a flap that blocks the exhaust like some diesel's.. or even open the exhaust vales like a jake brake..
"Tow Haul Mode changes shift points under acceleration, keeping the truck at a higher rpm and further up in the power range. Tow-haul also prevents the transmission from upshifting when the vehicle crests a hill, and it provides downhill braking that allows the transmission to downshift, letting engine-compression braking slow the vehicle and maintain a steady speed."
Tow/Haul also activates Trailer Sway Control.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:19 AM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Howdy all, neat feature on your truck Unk Bob. Pool is clean, backup pump is rebuilt and installed, primary is in the dumpster with a new one ordered. Woke up yesterday morning to Patty watching Full Metal Jacket, great start to my day. Now to play carpenter on my gobreakityourselfer project on the veranda, solid ceiling then siding the north wall of the house.

Old 05-01-2018, 01:39 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
0604, May 1
I'm woken from my slumber suddenly. I realize something is happening, but my sleep inertia holds me back from conscious thought. I first look out the window, hoping to gather a sense of time from the sun outside. It's dark. "Damn" I thought to myself, "I'm awake too early." I glance at my clock. But there's something else. Don't I remember what woke me up? Wasn't there a reason? Buzz. Buzz. My phone. It's nearly vibrated off my night stand by now. I blink several times, trying to get my eyes to focus.

"Hello?" I answered in my groggiest voice. "Hey, it's Shannon in dispatch. We've got a patient going to St. Louis, can you take it?" I'm a bit confused. I'm not even sure what day it is yet. "Uh. I-- Yeah. Yeah I can do that. We do we leave?"

And that's the start to the story of how dispatch swindled me into coming in on my day off. Best if read in a Tom Clancy voice haha!

Old 05-01-2018, 02:15 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Question for the experts, where's a good place to get wheels & how do I know backspacing, etc. for my application? Haven't decided which style I want, either 'Old School' aluminum slots (like Alice) or this. Wanna go with 2 15 x 7 (for now, financially challenged). Later, I wanna get 2 more matching in 15 x 8.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:17 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Here's what's on it now. Look like 5h1trolet, leaking, & rusty. Pitted - BAD!

Old 05-01-2018, 02:28 PM
moose4x4
Cargo Master
Received 131 Likes on 110 Posts
RC I'll tell him you are interested in the whole tailgate. He thinks glass is good, it has stickers all over it he said. He was just going to trash it. not sure how good the shell is. He only gave 750 for whole bronco. It is a 95 model. The ignition is messed up, the rear window is up. Can you jump the wires that are behind the left tail light and get it to go down? If safety switch is working? If not he will have to pull panel inside and jump just the motor? Any advice would be great. Not sure when I can get it from him, he lives in Diamond, MO. I'll keep on top of it.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:52 PM
moose4x4
Cargo Master
RC----- PM me your cell number if you can receive pictures. He is supposed to send me some tonight after he gets home. and ill forward them to you if I can figure out how to do it.

Old 05-01-2018, 03:09 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
MOOSE there is a plug right under the master cyl. i am thinking it has four 8 ga. wires one yellow which i think is the defroster, a black ground wire.. then the window motor wires were purple and brown if i remember right.. i didnt make it to the shop today but i can look at the colors again tomorrow to be sure

Old 05-01-2018, 06:11 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,286 Likes on 2,442 Posts
Afternoon folks..my fairly new to me Husqvarna 48" rider now has a broken connecting rod...damn used "cheap for a reason" mower. I am upgrading or looking at a Cub Cadet, maybe even a zero turn? Opinions anyone? TSC has them for way better prices than a Husky.

I am waiting on parts kit to fix the Bronco's steering box puked out seals, and the proper carb adapter plate. Then I can maybe get RC to come up and tune it...? What do you think RC since you said it sounds bad the other day. lol

For now I am staying with the 2 bbl, it ran great up and down hill, just needs RC's magic touch to sound right. lol x2

Old 05-01-2018, 06:34 PM
moose4x4
Cargo Master
Think I found a wiring diagram and sounds like correct colors if I remember from 2 hours ago. But thanks for where the plug is, I was thinking it was in the back somewhere. I will look on my bronco at home tomorrow morning if not raining. Thanks Bruce

Old 05-01-2018, 07:51 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
bruce the wires do run behind the left taillight not sure about a plug though, but you can always check.. and thanks a lot for checking on that for me.. i'll owe ya...
rich you know i always like coming and visiting with you and penny.. not much on leaning over hoods after yesterday.. so you will have to give me a few days..

Old 05-01-2018, 08:03 PM
97 Mountain Man
Fleet Mechanic
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
Afternoon folks..my fairly new to me Husqvarna 48" rider now has a broken connecting rod...damn used "cheap for a reason" mower. I am upgrading or looking at a Cub Cadet, maybe even a zero turn? Opinions anyone? TSC has them for way better prices than a Husky.

I am waiting on parts kit to fix the Bronco's steering box puked out seals, and the proper carb adapter plate. Then I can maybe get RC to come up and tune it...? What do you think RC since you said it sounds bad the other day. lol

For now I am staying with the 2 bbl, it ran great up and down hill, just needs RC's magic touch to sound right. lol x2
Cub Cadet isn't what it used to be. Cub Cadet, MTD, Craftsman, Yard Machine all made by the same manufacture.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:21 PM
moose4x4
Cargo Master
I have a friend that is building a race Bronco, RC is getting some stuff, My friend said the top is in pretty good shape. Wanted to know if anyone was interested. he hates to scrap it if someone can use it. He thinks it is dark green. It is in southwest MO. anyone interested let me know, if someone can use it.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:12 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Originally Posted by 97 Mountain Man
Cub Cadet isn't what it used to be. Cub Cadet, MTD, Craftsman, Yard Machine all made by the same manufacture.
Also Bolens/Troy-Bilt.

Quick Reply: We "May" have another monthly chat/BS thread? May-Be?