Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

out for summer, thanks charlie ny, mac vanpelt, fort wayne clutch

Old 04-21-2018, 06:20 PM
r_reed
Posting Guru
r_reed is a splendid one to beholdr_reed is a splendid one to beholdr_reed is a splendid one to beholdr_reed is a splendid one to beholdr_reed is a splendid one to beholdr_reed is a splendid one to behold
out for summer, thanks charlie ny, mac vanpelt, fort wayne clutch

just put my f1 back on the road for the summer after some winter upgrades. i sent my carb to charlie NY. he explained i had the big bore 94 3 bolt carb. he machined a new throttle shaft, put in the correct down tubes and did the routine rebuild. it works great, best ever. well worth having a pro do the job. 5 years ago i put a new (chinese) clutch in, didn't know better). had had had clutch chatter forever, that new chinese clutch didn't help). replaced a broken rear tranny mount that helped somewhat. clutch was slipping after 5 years, got a reman from fort wayne clutch, works smoooooth, best ever for me. called mac vanpelt for some seals, he spent a half hour with me on the phone to tell me about two other pins that leak and how to fix them with no new parts. what great vendors we have and what good recommendations we get from our forums. motor on boys.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:20 PM
FortyNiner
Postmaster
FortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud of
Great update, Dick. Just missing pictures....

Old 04-21-2018, 08:12 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
Good to hear, Dick! I also changed out a Brand X clutch for a Ft Wayne rebuilt, absolutely startling difference! Smooth as silk. I hope to hit the road next week.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:29 AM
tinman52
Welder User
tinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputation
Great news Dick, happy motoring!

I had my PU out Friday for the first time this year. Finally spring here.....winter was loooooong !