Annual inspection sticker-Ontario Canada - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Annual inspection sticker-Ontario Canada

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 04-19-2018, 09:08 PM
Chris3
New User
Chris3 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Just purchased a new left over 2017 F350 Platinum 6.2L SRW short box. Traded in a 2015 Ram 1500.

Dealer did the transfer at a service Ontario center. I paid a lot more for the plate sticker (I knew that) on the new truck. The older Ram 1500 also had the red sticker on the front plate, witch said.... Used primarily for personal transportation.

Reading the MTO rules online for this weight class... this truck is rated over 4500kg's, and therefore has to have an annual inspection. It will never pull anything or haul anything...just me and the wife. I may put a plow on for my own driveway, but that's about it. Truck is personal use only.

So, couple of questions....

1. Any of you running a 250/350 (PERSONAL USE) without the yellow annual inspection sticker. If so, how do I do that? re-register, and will they do that?

2. Should that red sticker be removed from the front plate on this size truck?

3. Someone at service Ontario where the transfer was done....should have said something about a annual inspection for this truck? if they told the dealer.... I didn't get that message.

I will be going to a service Ontario office early next week to check this out....just seeing if anyone has gone through this.

Thanks

Old 04-19-2018, 09:18 PM
Boasty
Senior User
Boasty is starting off with a positive reputation.
You will indeed need the inspection sticker. As the truck gross vehicle weight is over 4500. but my advise to you. Is if you have a single rear wheel. Don't put the sticker. The Mto enforcements are looking for duallies and trucks with company names on the side. Save yourself from the once a year inspection. That's my 2 cents. I have been doing this in Ontario for 18 years 4 different trucks and no issues

Old 04-20-2018, 05:03 PM
Chris3
New User
Thanks for the reply......

I'm going to the MTO soon, to see if I can drop the weight to 4499kg by re-registering it....someone told me they had to sign a forum stating personal use and not hauling anything, that would let them run without the yellow annual sticker...will see I guess.

As for the red sticker on my front plate....I don't know if I should remove it or not. Will ask them as well.

Thanks

Old 04-20-2018, 05:20 PM
6.2caribou
Senior User
6.2caribou is starting off with a positive reputation.
As easy as it is to pop out the fender side emblems, maybe order a pair of F250 emblems and swap them for your F350 emblems... Then who would know what it is at a glance.

Old 04-20-2018, 05:54 PM
TwigPig
New User
TwigPig is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just bought a 2017 F-250 CC SRW and this is what I did. Go to the MTO and register at 3000 kg. This keeps you in the personal use category and allows you to retain the “red sticker” on your plate. There is no reason or need to have it registered over 4500kgs. You can always pay more and get a bigger gross plate and keep it under 3500kgs so your plate cost is lower.
If you get stopped by the MTO and have a yellow sticker and high gross plates you will need to show a logbook and pretrip. Choice is yours.

Old 04-23-2018, 03:50 PM
Chris3
New User
Update...

Went to the MTO and was able lower weight to 4449kg at no cost. They did tell me to remove the red sticker. I don't think that's right, but I did remove it.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:31 PM
theevilkanoofy
New User
theevilkanoofy is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have to get an annual inspection so I can tow my sled trailer that also has to have an annual safety. Guess the liberals making up ways to pay off windmills

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.