New SD and boat thread..... - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New SD and boat thread.....

Old 04-19-2018, 07:46 AM
InkMing
Senior User
InkMing is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
Because when it isn't snowing, it's raining.
Ha! I had a theory along those lines.

I will admit the pilot house boats are neat looking. Saw them all over the place when I was out in OR a couple years ago.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:19 AM
River Wild
Senior User
River Wild is starting off with a positive reputation.
Out here in PNW, even in the summer when chasing tuna our ocean is not near as nice nor near as warm and the Atlantic. A lot of times it could be in the 80's or 90's inland, it's foggy and 56 offshore. There are a few CC yellow fin or fountain style tubs out here that guys have brought over from the east but if you fish in one of those, you'll need to invest in some warm and dry rain gear. Different ocean, different game.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:25 AM
InkMing
Senior User
InkMing is starting off with a positive reputation.
That time when I was out in OR, middle of summer. Heat wave going on. We went out to the coast and I stuck my feet in the water... HOLY crap that was cold!

Different ocean indeed!

Old 04-19-2018, 12:11 PM
17PlatinumSFL
Junior User
17PlatinumSFL is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just picked her up last week

Old 04-19-2018, 02:48 PM
toymaster
Senior User
toymaster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by River Wild View Post
Out here in PNW, even in the summer when chasing tuna our ocean is not near as nice nor near as warm and the Atlantic. A lot of times it could be in the 80's or 90's inland, it's foggy and 56 offshore. There are a few CC yellow fin or fountain style tubs out here that guys have brought over from the east but if you fish in one of those, you'll need to invest in some warm and dry rain gear. Different ocean, different game.
I agree inclemate weather is the main reason. Although, protection from any of the elements is a good thing. I spent most of last year on one of the Marshall Islands putting in a large power plant, on our free time we'd rent a boat and go fishing or diving. Even at 80 degree year round the sun, heat, ocean spray, would get to you. Having a place to get out of the elements isn't a bad deal no matter the ocean. I like being "out there" but I have to admit the older I get the better I like my shelter. Matter of fact any equipment I buy has a cab on it, side by side ATV included.....

Old 04-19-2018, 07:44 PM
dbraynor
Junior User
dbraynor is starting off with a positive reputation.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:35 PM
disker
Freshman User
disker is starting off with a positive reputation.
Another PNW aluminum tub.

Getting ready for spring fishing!

Looks like something big on the line

The reason we buy aluminum jet boats!

Old Yesterday, 07:17 AM
BowtieConvert
Senior User
BowtieConvert is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Disker, nice setup you have going there. Truck, boat, and garage. Nice catch, man. Nice fish too. LOL...

Old Yesterday, 10:30 AM
River Wild
Senior User
Disker - Nice IB with the outback sportjet. Had a Motion Marine with the SJ/outback combo and loved it. Jetboats rule! haha.

Since we are showing off boats, this one is a couple boats ago. Another jetboat, 300hp diesel. I'd take this one offshore and have caught tuna and halibut on a nice ocean day. Photo taken on the Rogue R on the southern Oregon coast.

Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM
disker
Freshman User
disker is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi River Wild-------looks like you have had quite a few nice boats. I was looking at Motion Marine boats before I came across the Idaho Boat. I think "boat fever" is worse than tricking out these Superduties" if that's possible. The diesel jet boats have always intrigued me ---but super pricey! Been trying to go after tuna --but have been canceled 3 times now (weather).

Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM
hinsong
Senior User
hinsong is starting off with a positive reputation.

Not as big as some of the monsters I've seen in this thread, but it slings the kids around pretty well

Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM
River Wild
Senior User
Originally Posted by disker View Post
Hi River Wild-------looks like you have had quite a few nice boats. I was looking at Motion Marine boats before I came across the Idaho Boat. I think "boat fever" is worse than tricking out these Superduties" if that's possible. The diesel jet boats have always intrigued me ---but super pricey! Been trying to go after tuna --but have been canceled 3 times now (weather).
There is no perfect boat so a guy has own a bunch of them. The diesel tub was a custom 24'er that I also helped build. Had that boat for 8 years and perfectly set up for what I did. It's started with an Kodiak GM 8.1L but after a couple years I swapped it for the diesel. The diesel was great as it burned half the fuel of the 8.1. Yeah not cheap but wasn't as expensive as it is now (kinda like trucks). The engine I had was a Yanmar 6LP and was able to hook it to a HJ212 with a dampener vs having to go to a 213 or 241 pump. The 6LP was only tier 2 emission so now you can't use them anymore which is typical diesel engine stuff these days. The 8LV is quite a bit more money, more complicated, and you need the bigger pumps which really drives the cost up. I used to boat Hells Canyon above Hellar Bar and run some of the rivers rivers like the Rogue, Clackamas, Santiam, McKenzie. I need to get back into doing that if I can even find some time...

The pacific is fickle and if it aint a nice day it won't be fun in our little tin can boat. Here we are on the hunt... 4 rods and 4 handlines in the water. Handlines are off the cleats, one on a diver board and the other on the surface. It's a meat hunt.

This was a nice day...until around 1 or 2 when the winds comes up and then it's a beat me silly ride all the way back to port.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.