1948 Ford F1 Horn Question - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1948 Ford F1 Horn Question

Old 04-16-2018, 03:11 PM
pezsox
Senior User
pezsox is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.pezsox is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
1948 Ford F1 Horn Question

Ok...I am baffled. I have seen the diagram below, and I have seen the picture below. Does the nut go on inside the horn "cup" or does the horn "cup" sit on top of the nut? If it goes on before the cup then what holds the cup? The diagram doesn't show it that way.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:11 PM
FortyNiner
Postmaster
FortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud of
[Edited]

Don't read this when the correct answer is two posts down.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:21 PM
pezsox
Senior User
pezsox is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.pezsox is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
what holds the support cup and the assembly in the steering wheel opening? The reason I ask is that this I have the nut as tight as I can to the wheel. If the support cup goes over the net, my horn button is to high above the center of the wheel and technically it isn't being held be anything? That is why I loaded the pic where the poster had used the nut to hold the cup into the center of the wheel. That makes sense to me, because that would hold that support cup in. still confused

Old 04-16-2018, 07:29 PM
49fordv8f4
Posting Guru
49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold49fordv8f4 is a splendid one to behold
The exploded diagram is incorrect. The cup is retained by the steering wheel nut.

Mark

Old 04-16-2018, 08:09 PM
Mixer man
Posting Guru
Mixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to beholdMixer man is a splendid one to behold
Mark is correct. The nut holds the cup. I just looked at mine and that's the way it's done.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:54 PM
pezsox
Senior User
Thanks gents. For the life of me I could not figure out how it could work if following both diagrams! Once again you solved a stupid riddle!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.