Can Wix filter handle full coolant flow to OEM cooler? - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Can Wix filter handle full coolant flow to OEM cooler?

Notices
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Can Wix filter handle full coolant flow to OEM cooler?

Old 04-18-2018, 07:44 PM
Mike in Arizona
Senior User
Mike in Arizona is starting off with a positive reputation.
Seems pretty cheap that they can't provide a one piece brass T fitting. wow.

I guess they don't actually mill or make anything for their stuff. If they're just sourcing parts, why not use a sensible one with hose clamps? ...

Old 04-18-2018, 07:56 PM
Rusty Axlerod
Post Fiend
Rusty Axlerod has a superb reputationRusty Axlerod has a superb reputationRusty Axlerod has a superb reputationRusty Axlerod has a superb reputationRusty Axlerod has a superb reputationRusty Axlerod has a superb reputationRusty Axlerod has a superb reputationRusty Axlerod has a superb reputationRusty Axlerod has a superb reputationRusty Axlerod has a superb reputationRusty Axlerod has a superb reputation
The filter head is pretty nice but even that was cut on a fast feed speed. The line right through the center of the nipple hole in my pic looks like a crack but I think it’s a parting line from a casting process but I’m not sure. I dont think the T fitting is anodized, looks like the blue was sprayed on. Also the hoses are longer now than when they were new, lol.

i will say though, the first couple of filters had some grey sandy junk and a little rust in them. I changed them in the spring before we start camping season so once a year not paying any attention to miles or anything. The last few filters have had pretty much nothing in them so feel like the system is clean. I’m just going to remove it eventually because it’s getting old and more possible leak points. I ain’t mad at them, it seems like it did it’s job, just dying a little sooner than I expected.