Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK Boys, what to do, what to do?

Old 04-15-2018, 12:19 PM
Oldguyfl
Posting Guru
Oldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud of
OK Boys, what to do, what to do?

Looked what I dragged home last night. A 1996 12 V, unmolested with under 100K on it. 175 HP stock.

What to do, hmmmmmm....

Begging for another Excursion project, maybe something wild? 1000 HP Excursion? Drag X? Fastest Excursion on the planet :-)

Thoughts?

Old 04-15-2018, 12:25 PM
Yoteman
Senior User
Yoteman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Id love to see a 70s model f250 with one of those in it.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:29 PM
David7.3
The Lost One
David7.3 is a splendid one to beholdDavid7.3 is a splendid one to beholdDavid7.3 is a splendid one to beholdDavid7.3 is a splendid one to beholdDavid7.3 is a splendid one to beholdDavid7.3 is a splendid one to beholdDavid7.3 is a splendid one to behold
That's a sexy P-pumed cummins, why cant I find something like that under my pillow??

Old 04-15-2018, 01:06 PM
Oldguyfl
Posting Guru
Oldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud ofOldguyfl has much to be proud of
When you find em nice, ****** them up...

HATE dodge trucks, love Cummins engines, especially in Ford trucks. Best of both worlds, IMHO

Old 04-15-2018, 01:07 PM
Oldguyfl
Posting Guru
How to get the weight down on an Excursion. What do 2wd Ex's weigh?

Old 04-15-2018, 04:28 PM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
A lot more than a Ranger with drag slicks and wheelie bars.

Old 04-15-2018, 04:33 PM
Oldguyfl
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ExxWhy View Post
A lot more than a Ranger with drag slicks and wheelie bars.
Yep. An ex still cold be a 12 or 13 sec vehicle, even weighing 7K

Old 04-15-2018, 07:22 PM
RPhil
Senior User
RPhil is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RPhil is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Where did you find that one? Would you mind sharing what you paid?

I have been perusing the market over the past few months trying to gauge what it is going to cost me to pick one up.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:35 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
I vote 2wd drag Ex, would be pretty cool!

Old 04-16-2018, 06:30 AM
Oldguyfl
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RPhil View Post
Where did you find that one? Would you mind sharing what you paid?
I have been perusing the market over the past few months trying to gauge what it is going to cost me to pick one up.
What its worth is about 4K given the miles and condition.

If you have been perusing the market over the past 4 months looking at cummins engines, you should be a fine tuned expert in your area regarding costs at this point.

Originally Posted by AlaskanEx View Post
I vote 2wd drag Ex, would be pretty cool!
That's kinda where I was going as well.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:36 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
William_04X should be able to give you more insight on a 2wd drag Excursion.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:58 AM
EXSwap
Senior User
EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.
Nice! A 1000HP 6BT in a drag X would be pretty cool!!

About the engine stand you built...how does the setup behave as far as moving around the garage and if I remember correctly, you ran your Cummins on it as well. Any real movement while running? Any rotation/movement of the engine on the stand while throttling it? Easy to roll around the shop?

Old 04-16-2018, 10:27 AM
EXSwap
Senior User
EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.EXSwap has a great reputation on FTE.
Talking

OOH!! OOH!!

Overland capable bugout/zombie apocalypse vehicle!! Self inflating/deflating tires, accommodations for sleeping inside (so the zombies can't get you), roof rack with lights all around and storage for all the important supplies, gun storage, the list goes on...and it's EMP proof because it doesn't need electronics to run! You could even put a manual trans in it so you don't need a battery....just park it on a hill.

Old 04-16-2018, 11:31 AM
RPhil
Senior User
RPhil is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RPhil is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Oldguyfl View Post
What its worth is about 4K given the miles and condition.

If you have been perusing the market over the past 4 months looking at cummins engines, you should be a fine tuned expert in your area regarding costs at this point.

That's kinda where I was going as well.
Yes I am, unfortunately. Thanks for sharing. I already scooped up a donor ZF-6 truck, need to find a good deal on an engine to be able to get started!

Since you already have a "tame" build, I would vote for something with twins and huge power. 2WD drag truck would be unique.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:42 PM
Oldguyfl
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RPhil View Post
Yes I am, unfortunately. Thanks for sharing. I already scooped up a donor ZF-6 truck, need to find a good deal on an engine to be able to get started!

Since you already have a "tame" build, I would vote for something with twins and huge power. 2WD drag truck would be unique.
Good deal and good condition are hard to find in an engine. You pay less but it takes more work/money to make it right.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.