Remodeling time - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Remodeling time

Old 04-14-2018, 07:47 AM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
Remodeling time

Started remodeling the camper last night. Making a loft in the garage for the boys. Full with and between 6'6" and 8' long. Will be hinged in the front so I can lift up the back for loading dirt bikes.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:34 PM
tomsoftail
New User
tomsoftail is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks like a fun project. Keep the updates and pics coming!

Old 04-18-2018, 10:45 AM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
Ended up making it 8' long so I had to only make 1 cut on each sheet of plywood. Did all the cutting and building inside since it was cold and rainy. Only opened the rear door to get the plywood out and turned sideways.I also have 3 posts per side and a block at the rear. I can't use a post at the rear as it would block a vent door from opening.

Securing the front sheet of plywood before sliding the rear sheet into place. Need to borrow a small nailer to secure the paneling after I insulate. Still need to get some paneling to fill in the missing spot on the garage wall and make a wall at the rear of the loft. Not quite sure what I will do for that as it needs to fold down so I can lift up the loft floor to load bikes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.