manifolds for 239 - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

manifolds for 239

Old 04-16-2018, 10:48 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by df85732 View Post
Hey Mike, cool pictures of the old days! I have my Grandpa's truck that was used on the farm. Have not been able to scrounge up even one picture of it back in the day. There were 10 kids in the family, you would have thought someone would have had a camera. Times were hard back in those days though. I like how you are using your truck now. Good for you! By the way, do you know what product they are harvesting? Looks like wheat stubble?
Yes, I agree. Great picture. Dave, I'm in the same boat with you, no picture of my truck when it was on Grandpa's farm. All but one of my uncles and aunts have died except one, my Uncle Abe. I was hoping that my cousins would find old photos of the truck in their parents stuff. There are lots of pictures of us working in the tobacco field, and lots of Grandpa's John Deere's and before that the horses he was so proud of and plenty of his Ayrshires. But no pics of the old Ford truck.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:14 AM
pvwoodcrafts
New User
pvwoodcrafts is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by chriscris View Post
Nice Truck!
I have a couple pair, but shipping from Ontario, Canada may be a few bucks.

what do you have? old cast,after market new stock, headers?

Old 04-17-2018, 06:19 AM
pvwoodcrafts
New User
Originally Posted by pvwoodcrafts View Post
This truck was my wife's parents truck. Spent its life on the farm doing farm work. Russell took very good care of all his equipment and when he passed Judy and I bought it from her mom to restore. We paid a pro to do th work . Took out all the glass and sandblasted entire cab before he epoxied pitting and painted .The guy begged me to put new glass in it but we insisted on keeping the original even though it has separated in the wing vents a little Judy and I do woodcrafts and take it to a few local shows and farmers market and sell off the back of it. Seems guys will let the wives shop and purchase if they can look over the truck.
The truck has a little over 22,000 miles on it and almost all original.

its new life

old days

old days
well since it seems to be working now here is what we use the 'ole truck for now

Old 04-17-2018, 12:16 PM
chriscris
Senior User
chriscris is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
what do you have? old cast,after market new stock, headers?
A few pairs of what you asked for. Cast manifolds

Old 04-17-2018, 04:18 PM
pvwoodcrafts
New User
Originally Posted by df85732 View Post
Hey Mike, cool pictures of the old days! I have my Grandpa's truck that was used on the farm. Have not been able to scrounge up even one picture of it back in the day. There were 10 kids in the family, you would have thought someone would have had a camera. Times were hard back in those days though. I like how you are using your truck now. Good for you! By the way, do you know what product they are harvesting? Looks like wheat stubble?

its either barley or oats

Old 04-17-2018, 05:38 PM
Senior User
41505379 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a nice exhaust manifold set that look almost right. I think they are for the 41 - 46 ford V-8. I bought them by mistake. I believe they would fit on your truck and work except that a store bought exhaust pipe would not fit them both at the same time. Dual exhaust or custom fitted exhaust pipe would work. Anyway if you are interested let me know. Patrick

Ford flathead V-8

Old 04-17-2018, 08:48 PM
pvwoodcrafts
New User
Originally Posted by 41505379 View Post
I have a nice exhaust manifold set that look almost right. I think they are for the 41 - 46 ford V-8. I bought them by mistake. I believe they would fit on your truck and work except that a store bought exhaust pipe would not fit them both at the same time. Dual exhaust or custom fitted exhaust pipe would work. Anyway if you are interested let me know. Patrick

Ford flathead V-8
Definitely interested if I can be sure they will work. I'm a woodworker not a mechanic. Guy that does my mechanic work does custom exhausts so that wouldn't be a problem. Just need to figure out if they will fit. thanks . mike

Old 04-18-2018, 10:57 AM
pvwoodcrafts
New User
can anyone here advise me on these exhaust manifolds?

Old 04-18-2018, 02:37 PM
52 4x4
Senior User
52 4x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Those aren't the right ones. They're off something much earlier. Red's Vintage Parts lists used manifolds that would work on your truck. What's wrong with the ones you have? I've never had any problems with them other than stripped or broken off studs, those can usually be "fixed" without too much problem. - Bob

Last edited by 52 4x4; 04-18-2018 at 05:19 PM. Reason: correction for parts vendor
Old 04-18-2018, 03:32 PM
ALBUQ F-1
postin' fool
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
Is only one of yours bad, OP? The one above with the sticker on it (driver's side) looks like it would work, the other appears to point off to the side too much (should point down). But as stated, it may not align exactly with a stock exhaust pipe.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:34 PM
pvwoodcrafts
New User
Originally Posted by 52 4x4 View Post
Those aren't the right ones. They're off something much earlier. Red's Headers website used to list used manifolds that would be right for your truck - probably still do. What's wrong with the ones you have? I've never had any problems with them other than stripped or broken off studs, those can usually be "fixed" without too much problem. - Bob

Both have bad cracks. One clear broke off. Gotta get it fixed 'fore we are both deaf

Old 04-18-2018, 04:37 PM
pvwoodcrafts
New User
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1 View Post
Is only one of yours bad, OP? The one above with the sticker on it (driver's side) looks like it would work, the other appears to point off to the side too much (should point down). But as stated, it may not align exactly with a stock exhaust pipe.

Yes I looked at it today. pass side needs to come out and straight down. Doesn't look like enough room to make the turn to point it down with fittings.
Both are in pretty bad shape

Old 04-18-2018, 04:44 PM
pvwoodcrafts
New User
Just checked out Reds. Can't find exhaust manifolds but the headers for F5 are there

Old 04-18-2018, 05:12 PM
52 4x4
Senior User
Just checked out Reds. Can't find exhaust manifolds but the headers for F5 are there
I fouled up on that - it's Red's Vintage Parts that has the manifolds. You can substitute 21A ('42-'48') manifolds for the 7RT's. The only difference is a slight amount in the outlet size. - Bob

The driver side outlet is straight down and the passenger side outlet is at an angle.

Last edited by 52 4x4; 04-18-2018 at 05:15 PM. Reason: add something
Old 04-19-2018, 11:05 AM
52 4x4
Senior User
Here's item numbers for manifold sets that are on eBay. Both may have issues with the studs. I believe these are 7RT's: 332620460357 and these are 21A's: 282930011317 - The studs are too long on the 21A's but look like they might be easier to change out than on the other set. Good luck! - Bob

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.