2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Bristol PA Welder Needed ASAP.. Hopefully Mobile

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 07:24 AM
04ExpeditionEB
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bristol PA Welder Needed ASAP.. Hopefully Mobile

Hey guys. i have a desperate need to get the head of my 3V triton 5.4 filled. i have a extracted stud and the **** that did the job went too deep and now its leaking coolant., needs to have the hole plugged and tapped for the stud to go back in. anyone offer up idea, solution or willing to take a trip and help out? I have to figure its in an area that the gun can get into and shouldn't take a lot of time.

Please let me know ASAP.
Trucks been down 7 weeks at a so called mechanic. I'll post how i got the truck back when i had to have my insurance company tow it out of his place when he said its better i just let you take it out.! yep he didnt want to put it back together.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:52 AM
alloro
Received 4,194 Likes on 2,430 Posts
Why don't you just RTV the threads and screw a new stud in the hole?

Old 05-01-2018, 11:45 AM
04ExpeditionEB
5th Wheeling
ok sooo update. here is the current situation as of 5/1/18 the Motor is being replaced. the motor now has a life time warranty.

What i had expected when i got the truck back was that he drilled too deep into the stud hole to remove the old stud, however that wasnt what happened. it appears he drilled his own hole into the head next to the original stud, then compounding that error further by tapping that hole and trying to shove the new stud into it. from there now the studs on the new manifold no longer line up so he pushed/pulled on the manifold to get the other studs to go in and in that process caused the poorly inserted stud to tear the head open. he tried to tell me this was prior damage to the head. in fact it was he who drilled the wrong hole. then on top of that crushed the oil pan with a 4 inch block of wood where he jacked it up crushing the pan into the oil pump on the crank. so i identified what he did, gave him the chance to own it and he denies it. from there i get the insurance company involved as i carry full coverage with 0 deductible on comprehensive . they investigate and determine there is significant damage to the engine to warrant replacement. so the truck gets towed to another shop. they estimate it out, then get with the insurance. a little back and forth and hey Its all agreed on and paid. I should get it back sometime this week. hopefully today/tomorrow but they are repairing everything he touched. he gave me the truck back as a rolling chassis and nothing reassembled.
End result people. you take on a job, make sure you can do the job, and if you alter the arrangement in anyway without discussing it with the customer then your liable. and if you break it and your caught own it. now a 1100$ job is costing over 4K plus legal fee's
Lesson Learned.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:43 PM
alloro
Received 4,194 Likes on 2,430 Posts
Originally Posted by 04ExpeditionEB
however that wasnt what happened. it appears he drilled his own hole into the head next to the original stud, then compounding that error further by tapping that hole and trying to shove the new stud into it.
Say it ain't so!

Old 05-01-2018, 01:57 PM
04ExpeditionEB
5th Wheeling

this is how i got my truck back after i had the insurance company pull it from this mechanic, I got a rolling chassis and hope all the parts were back in it..

this is how i got my truck back after i had the insurance company pull it from this mechanic, I got a rolling chassis and hope all the parts were back in it..

the arrow points to the correct bolt hole the one lower to the right is the hole he drilled into the head saying it fell out..

Although Blurry. you can clearly see the rusty original Bolt thats still in the hole he completely missed when he tried to drill it out and the second hole he tapped trying to make it work. but cracked the head doing so.
Originally Posted by alloro
Say it ain't so!
Oh yes he did! I have pictures of the damage. he claimed that the metal was oxidized and fell out. LMAO. then i wonder why you would tap that hole and put a stud into it??? right the metal just fell out. shame its gonna cost him big time.
give me a few to find the pics