2012 F350 6.7 warm AC and a P0532 help! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

2012 F350 6.7 warm AC and a P0532 help!

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 04-11-2018, 08:56 PM
Unrealo4
Posting Guru
Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.

This truck has been problem free until now. Im the second owner and have put 208k miles on it. What a awesome truck! Now my AC is blowing warm and I get a P0532 code. I checked and have plenty of coolant in the system. I have checked all the fuses and relays and found nothing ad well. I cant find any info regarding this code. I know what it means. But I cant even find the sensor location online. This forum was such a awesome resource when I had my 04 6.0. I thought I would ask here first. Thanks on advance!!

Old 04-12-2018, 10:12 AM
mxer0022
Postmaster
mxer0022 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mxer0022 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The sensor is a 3 wire transducer with a 5V reference wire, signal wire and a ground wire. I believe sensor A is on the high pressure side of the system so look along the lines running from the compressor to the evaporator, which is the line that runs into the cab. You should see a sensor on one of those lines. I'm not around my truck right now or I would try to help you locate it. Anywho once you find the sensor check the harness and make sure the wires are still good to go. Then check the pins and make sure there isn't any corrosion.
my guess is you may have a refrigerant leak somewhere. If everything checks out electrically you may want to find someone, or go to a shop that has manifold gauges so they can check your pressures. If the pressure is too low it won't cycle the compressor on which is why you're getting warm temps.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:28 AM
Unrealo4
Posting Guru
Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Thanks for the response. I have yet to get under the truck to actually look at the air conditioning compressor. I have looked at everything I can see from the top. I'm hoping the sensor is right off of the compressor. As far as the leak I admit I'm not an AC expert. But when I put my cheapo gauge on the port it shows in the red. But my compressor clutch is not engaging or disengaging at all. So I can't remember if it's supposed to read like that when the clutch is off.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:58 AM
mxer0022
Postmaster
mxer0022 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mxer0022 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Do you have actual gauges or just the gauge that's on the parts store refrigerant bottle?

Old 04-12-2018, 10:11 PM
Unrealo4
Posting Guru
I actually have both types of guages. But the one I used was on a can of freon I had leftover after a repair I did on my wifes old 03 excursion. My other guages are somewere in my new shop. Im still sorting tools and putting stuff away. I did try it on my wifes 2014 explorer sport. And it showed the same as my truck. Her car was off though. Since my ac compressor won't cyle on I tired it that way.

Old 04-13-2018, 04:17 AM
mxer0022
Postmaster
If you can find your actual gauges you wanna see 150+ psi on the high side and 30 psi on the low side. If you have those numbers then you have a sensor issue. If you're not then you have other issues. Either a slow leak somewhere or a faulty part. Here is a guide for what to look for.

https://www.buyautoparts.com/howto/ac-pressure-readings.htm

Old 04-13-2018, 09:06 AM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by mxer0022 View Post
If you can find your actual gauges you wanna see 150+ psi on the high side and 30 psi on the low side. If you have those numbers then you have a sensor issue. If you're not then you have other issues. Either a slow leak somewhere or a faulty part. Here is a guide for what to look for.

https://www.buyautoparts.com/howto/a...e-readings.htm
He will only see those pressure differentials if the compressor will run. Not running the pressures equalize.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:30 PM
Unrealo4
Posting Guru
Ok folks I found some time to mess around with my truck. Checked pressures with my guage set and everything checked out. I decided from there it was a bad connection/wire or failed sensor. I did some digging and found the sensor location (below air filter lid connection) and part number (motorcraft YH37). They were $40 at the dealer so I decided thats a cheap and easy place to start. And its good to rule it out either way. Well once I got the old one off I knew it was the problem. Cold AC once again!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: