Owner of Anderson Hitches in legal trouble - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Towing Forum > Fifth Wheel & Gooseneck RV Towing
Reload this Page > Owner of Anderson Hitches in legal trouble
Notices

Owner of Anderson Hitches in legal trouble

Old 04-15-2018, 09:01 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.FORDF250HDXLT has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Cabindweller View Post
Wow! There are a lot of strong opinions here from people who only know what they’ve read on the internet. This is exactly one of the things that makes the internet dangerous. Here is a man, and a business, being absolutely trashed by many who know very little about what really happened. I think we need to steer clear of becoming an internet jury. I have no idea what the actual facts of this situation are. If he did in fact break the law, he needs to be punished accordingly. I don’t know if he did and if so, to what extent. Plain and simple.

A news article,is a news article,be it on the net,your local or national news channel or in your local news paper.
He admitted to doing it so,yeah.

“While hiking in the Moab area with my family, I drew with a sandstone shard, a heart with my and my wife's initials and the year above it."

“I accept full responsibility for my actions,” Andersen wrote.
“Neither Andersen Hitches nor its hard-working employees, who are committed to supporting our loyal customers and their own families, had any involvement in my wrongdoing. To those dedicated employees, I offer my sincere apology. Going forward, I will do everything I can to show my employees, my community, and the public at large that this conduct is not what I stand for.”

Andersen faces a maximum penalty of one year in jail and a fine of $100,000 if he is charged and convicted of a Class A federal misdemeanor for willfully defacing public lands.

Federal charges may be in store for Corona Arch vandal
Idaho Falls man ID’d after posting family photo online

I don't see anyone here being upset with his business nor trashing it.I see concerned folks (rightfully so) being upset with our public lands being trashed.Here in America,we are all so blessed as land stewards.We all collectively own millions of acres that must be cared for and respected.
We must trust the authorities to protect our set aside sections of mother earth that is protected for wildlife,for our recreation and our enjoyment.If not for us,then our children.The witness who saw him was right."He can't do that".

All life is sacred and all creation is related, what we do effects the whole Universe, so let us walk in balance with Mother Earth and her people." - Smiling Bear

Old 04-15-2018, 11:21 AM
Cabindweller
Senior User
Cabindweller is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Cabindweller is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I respect your opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-16-2018, 03:12 PM
finn
Senior User
finn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.finn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
He’s not the sort of person I do business with.

End of story.

Old Today, 12:57 PM
First Dually
Senior User
First Dually is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.First Dually is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The guy messed up. Impulsively acted without really thinking. He regretted his actions and owed up to it.

He needs to get his wrists slapped, reasonably fined with proceeds used to remediate the damage (or a like worthy cause). And then we should all just move on.

Old Today, 04:42 PM
finn
Senior User
finn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.finn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Slapping his wrists isn’t going to remediate the damage he did. Neither does a small fine.

Do you think he needs a participation award too?

By the looks of it, the guy is a two time offender.

maybe a little time in the greybar would help, along with a permanent ban from setting foot on BLM and NPS lands.

Old Today, 09:27 PM
P.Bronner
Elder User
P.Bronner is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.P.Bronner is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by finn View Post
Slapping his wrists isn’t going to remediate the damage he did. Neither does a small fine.

Do you think he needs a participation award too?

By the looks of it, the guy is a two time offender.

maybe a little time in the greybar would help, along with a permanent ban from setting foot on BLM and NPS lands.
The term used was "reasonable" fine. You turned it into "small". How much does it cost to un-scratch a rock?
Yes it is very possible this is a second offense, but it'll never be proven to any legal standard.
The guy is a childish jackass, I don't think there is much debate on that. IF what he did is in fact against the law, I hope he gets an adequate/appropriate fine. I don't know if it's even been established if this was an illegal act or not. I mean actually established, not speculated on this site.
As much of a stupid turd I think he is, I think people calling for debilitating fines and jail time for scratching a rock need to get a life. Get over it. Let the legal system do it's job. I think he's going to be paying for this the rest of his productive life. He's already been tried in public opinion, and the internet makes for a damn big jury.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.