Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'17 SD Topper Question (Remote open tailgate and 3rd brake camera)

Old 04-02-2018, 08:21 AM
krukedways
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question '17 SD Topper Question (Remote open tailgate and 3rd brake camera)

Like the title states, I have a '17 SD with the remote open on the tailgate and the third brake light camera. I'm looking into getting a Topper / Cap and am wondering what happens to these two items if the cap covers them. Does it interfere with the overhead view of the truck when viewed on the screen? What are the pros and cons of getting a cap vs a cover.

I have a Paragon and it leaks like crazy around the tailgate. No matter what I do, it won't stop. So, I'm looking at alternatives. My thoughts were to get a cap because we have two dogs that would go with us when we travel. I spend a lot of time on the road, so having the extra capacity to carry a protected load is a plus. Also am going to get a Bedslide as well.

What should I look for in a cap? I've been considering the Century Century Truck Caps and Tonneaus as they have some pretty good deals right now if you bundle with a bed rug and bed slide.

Any help would be appreciated. Pictures would also be great.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:45 AM
krukedways
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone not run into this yet?

Old 07-03-2018, 12:44 PM
Turbo Dog
Cargo Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't know how it will affect those items, they're not on my truck. I was just at a dealer last week and looked at Jason, Century, and SnugTop side by side. To sum it up: you get what you pay for. The SnugTop was the most expensive but had the best rear door, seals for the bed rails, and the best finish. I could see the fiberglass checking in the Century, as if they skipped the gel coat and the rear door was kind of flimsy. The Jason was just the cheapest all around. If you're not going to keep the truck for a long time then I would just go with the Century. I had a SnugTop on my last F150 and it was great, so that will be what goes on this new F250,

Also had the BedRug and it was great. Sometimes I put a futon in the back and the BedRug transforms it into a nice sleeping area. I would just throw a piece of canvas over it if I was putting anything dirty in the bed. This time to save money I am just using a Ford rubber mat.