Craigslist Find of the Day for 99-03 7.3 trucks - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Craigslist Find of the Day for 99-03 7.3 trucks

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Craigslist Find of the Day for 99-03 7.3 trucks

Old 03-30-2018, 06:38 AM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by jimjokjv View Post
What is amazing is how these trucks are selling at twice the Kelley Blue Book value almost everywhere you look.
I see it all the time with vintage motorcycles, trucks likes ours, and parts for both. Yes the adds are listed but you will see many of them for sale a year later at the same price. Some are selling but most likely take a lower offer. Others never sell.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:51 AM
Walleye Hunter
Postmaster
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692 View Post
I see it all the time with vintage motorcycles, trucks likes ours, and parts for both. Yes the adds are listed but you will see many of them for sale a year later at the same price. Some are selling but most likely take a lower offer. Others never sell.
Not much different from looking for something you want/need on fleabay and see atrocious 'buy now' or 'minimum bid' on with 0 bids. Pages full of them.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:20 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
With the way modern diesels are big wallet vacuums (including the coveted Cummins), it doesn't surprise me. I know somebody with a blown 6.2L who is now looking at the 5.9L and 7.3L market. A friend with a trashed fuel rail in his 6.7L went back to gas. Another friend with a 6.7L got fed up with the stealership revolving door and sold it, then bought his coworkers 7.3L. This was the coworker's first diesel, and he went back to gas because we was not mechanically inclined.

That's three I know of personally that pulled the ripcord on their $60K - $70K diesels. Given how few people I personally know with 6.7Ls and other new diesels, that is a big percentage.
This is interesting Rich. I am seeing more and more gettign fed up with paying HUGE prices only to find exactly what you are talking about here. I still think someone is on crack though thinking they can get $33k for a 17 year old truck. That's just me.

My other personal favorite..."hard to find, won't find anywhere" when there are 30 more CL ads LOL!

Old 03-31-2018, 12:55 PM
Y2KW57
Postmaster
Y2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
I still think someone is on crack though thinking they can get $33k for a 17 year old truck!
How about paying twice the price, for a truck that is thrice as old?

Some trucks from the 50's and 60's are selling for as much or more than a brand new truck sells for today. I have to laugh at when I thought $11k was too much to pay for a 1963 split window Corvette Stingray.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:01 AM
00Dave
Posting Guru
00Dave has a good reputation on FTE.00Dave has a good reputation on FTE.
https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/...570961414.html

**update** this week I'm lowering the price down to $3000 because the tag is out of date and I took the batteries out for my tractor. Next Monday I'm black tagging and putting the batteries back so the price will go back up. I'm selling my 1999 ford 1ton dually. With 238000 miles. It has a 7.3l powerstroke. The injectors got bad so I removed them and other stuff came up so they are still in a box needing rebuilt. I replaced the transmission about 4 years ago it has a gooseneck ball in the bed a few dings and dent nothing bad for a 20 year old work horse

Looks a little rough, but appears to be 4x4. Maybe worth the price in parts?

Old 04-30-2018, 10:04 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant future
Holy crap... Looks like it was on an episode of Walking Dead or something...

Old 04-30-2018, 10:28 AM
00Dave
Posting Guru
00Dave has a good reputation on FTE.00Dave has a good reputation on FTE.
I like the few dents and dings analogy.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:54 PM
Y2KW57
Postmaster
Y2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputation
That's definitely a find of the day. He says the price is going back UP again once he puts the tags back on the license plate. I shudder to think what he would raise the price to if he put the injectors back in the engine.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:14 PM
Walleye Hunter
Postmaster
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 00Dave View Post
https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/...570961414.html

**update** this week I'm lowering the price down to $3000 because the tag is out of date and I took the batteries out for my tractor. Next Monday I'm black tagging and putting the batteries back so the price will go back up. I'm selling my 1999 ford 1ton dually. With 238000 miles. It has a 7.3l powerstroke. The injectors got bad so I removed them and other stuff came up so they are still in a box needing rebuilt. I replaced the transmission about 4 years ago it has a gooseneck ball in the bed a few dings and dent nothing bad for a 20 year old work horse

Looks a little rough, but appears to be 4x4. Maybe worth the price in parts?
Maybe but maybe not. You'd have to buy it with the expectation that engine and trans were both shot since you can't even test drive it. Now what parts are going to make it worth $3000?

Old 04-30-2018, 03:21 PM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
Maybe but maybe not. You'd have to buy it with the expectation that engine and trans were both shot since you can't even test drive it. Now what parts are going to make it worth $3000?
If it was a L99 crew cab and local I would go look at it. I would not give 3k, but might make an offer.

Old 04-30-2018, 05:11 PM
jhl3
Posting Guru
jhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to behold
Looks like an early bird based upon the badges. I'd give him 2k as it sits. Front D60 and rear D80 diffs, rear fenders, tail gate, drive shaft, and rims, if in good condition would cover that cost and then you could part the rest out. The transfer case is probably almost toast if it is the original. Those parts aren't cheap around this area.

I need two of those aluminum rims.

Old 04-30-2018, 05:55 PM
DogRidesInBack
Posting Guru
DogRidesInBack is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.DogRidesInBack is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Y2KW57 View Post
That's definitely a find of the day. He says the price is going back UP again once he puts the tags back on the license plate. I shudder to think what he would raise the price to if he put the injectors back in the engine.
Ad says he is Black Tagging it, which in OK means non-operational status. So penalties for not having it registered stop accruing.

Which by my read, means that is at best a reason to stop lowering the price due to registration penalties.

Says he took the batteries out to use in his tractor, and the price goes up when he puts them back in... What are the odds he is actually putting his old dead tractor batteries into the truck?

Old 04-30-2018, 06:05 PM
z31freakify
Post Fiend
z31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to behold
Heres one not sure if its a 6.doh! Or a 7.3
judging by the badges on the door might be a 7.3
https://elpaso.craigslist.org/cto/d/...566839662.html

Heres another one to bad both are 2wd

https://elpaso.craigslist.org/cto/d/...570126860.html

and heres another

https://elpaso.craigslist.org/cto/d/...561113679.html

Not mine and not posting for sales purposes.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:02 AM
Idaho_F250
Junior User
Idaho_F250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just to bump this thread to the top on a Wednesday morning...
Found this perusing the local craigslist this morning.

https://ogden.craigslist.org/cto/d/2...596392541.html

Looks to be a fairly low mileage 7.3, I always laugh at how they always claim to have the last, or an extremely rare model when I see a few every couple of days posted up for sale.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:48 PM
Walleye Hunter
Postmaster
Not exactly CL but check this puppy out.

2002 Ford F-550 Regular Cab 4WD DRW

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Craigslist Find of the Day for 99-03 7.3 trucks

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.