Craigslist Find of the Day for 99-03 7.3 trucks - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Craigslist Find of the Day for 99-03 7.3 trucks

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Craigslist Find of the Day for 99-03 7.3 trucks

Old 03-28-2018, 06:52 AM
Walleye Hunter
Postmaster
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post

Thanks Mark, but I'm using an iPad...

Here's one from my area, I couldn't do yellow but rebuilt engine would be tempting.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...534263416.html
Aaaa I have one of those too...the best you can do is turn it sideways and expand the screen then hold it real close to your face.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:51 AM
machmedic
Elder User
machmedic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Y2KW57 I also enjoyed your story, thanks. I have seen a few of these bodies over the years also and thought they cool. The 1997 F150 I hated which is why back then my first new truck was a Dodge Ram 1500 ST 4x4. Only made that mistake once and went back to Ford.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:58 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Y2KW57 View Post
Well, someone has to start it. The Excursion folks upstairs have had an ongoing Craigslist Find of the Day thread for several years. But truck owners might not visit an SUV forum, except once in a while through a search.
Nicely done.

Stewart

Old 03-28-2018, 02:07 PM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
Back in 1994 a friend worked at the Ford Visteon plant near Philly and they had a new body style F150 mule folks were allowed to drive around to get real time on the electronics and wiring harnesses. The body wasn't disguised at all, but no Ford markings, no grill and a plywood dash panel.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:11 PM
Y2KW57
Postmaster
Y2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Nicely done.

Stewart
Thanks Stewart. I've been kind of wanting to see an equivalent thread down here for a while. And just so it is clear to you, I have no knowledge of, or relationship with, the seller in the inaugural example listing that initiated this thread.

And just so it is clear to everyone else... the good or special CL "finds" do not have to be only OF complete 99-03 trucks... they can instead be of simply parts useful FOR our 99-03 trucks. I think the litmus test for whether or not to mention the CL find in this thread is that it must be a really coveted or highly desireable find, a really rare find, a really unusual find, a really dumass seller or listing (for purely entertainment purposes)... or something extraordinary. Run of the mill stuff... like take offs of non towing mirrors... probably wouldn't meet any of the standards suggested above... standards which are not hard and fast rules like Stewart's, but which are guided in no small part by reading the Excursion forum CL Find of the Day thread every once in a while for the last few years.

I think all the regulars around these parts already know what would be an appropriate CL ad to share, and what wouldn't. And I think we all understand that FTE is not the epicenter of the universe, and that is the reason why the sellers on those unusual CL ads aren't using the FTE Marketplace... they likely don't know that FTE exists. Hence, a thread like this serves like a heads up to the FTE community if someone finds, for example, an entire 05-07 front axle with radius arms, coils, buckets and hardware in TinBuckToo, USA. That would be a coveted item for anyone thinking of doing what FTE members NicMike and DeStroked 450 did with their trucks. That sort of thing.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:51 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Y2KW57 View Post
And just so it is clear to everyone else... the good or special CL "finds" do not have to be only OF complete 99-03 trucks... they can instead be of simply parts useful FOR our 99-03 trucks. I think the litmus test for whether or not to mention the CL find in this thread is that it must be a really coveted or highly desireable find, a really rare find, a really unusual find, a really dumass seller or listing (for purely entertainment purposes)... or something extraordinary.
Originally Posted by 00Dave View Post
Let's get this thing going.
Dave, this isn't meant to be a listing ground for any and all CL ads that fit this forum. Check out the twin thread in the Excursion forum. There are links for Excursions for sale, but most times guys are posting links for interesting or frequently sought after items the Excursion forums users seem to gravitate to. If a lot of us here in the forum just started posting a ton of links, this thread would not become a useful tool for the forum users, but more akin to a repository for CL links people have to sift through.

I'm not going to let this thread become a Mini-Me Craigslist page. Flooding the thread with links is not the purpose, so please, only post those diamonds in the rough, the frequently sought after items or maybe someone finds a great deal on something like a set of one-piece Harley lights someone can use to upgrade their older headlights with, stuff like that.

Please guys, do not just start posting links *****-nilly. Post stuff that catches your eye or that you know is a good deal, or is maybe something you think someone here is looking for.

Thanks gentlemen, I know we'll have growing pains until this thread finds it's course for this forum, but if it can work for the Excursions group, it can work here too.

Stewart

Old 03-29-2018, 12:43 PM
00Dave
Posting Guru
00Dave has a good reputation on FTE.00Dave has a good reputation on FTE.
Stewart, feel free to delete my posts if you like. I don't mind. I just look at it as these trucks and parts are getting a little more difficult to find, and sometimes folks ask for trucks from a more rust free part of the nation. I will proceed with posting things more in the criteria that you listed.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:48 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Originally Posted by 00Dave View Post
Stewart, feel free to delete my posts if you like. I don't mind. I just look at it as these trucks and parts are getting a little more difficult to find, and sometimes folks ask for trucks from a more rust free part of the nation. I will proceed with posting things more in the criteria that you listed.
Not at all my friend, not at all. I just don't want this to become a bazzar of a thread, so unweildy with so many links it's usefullness is lost. Rather, think elite, the crème de la crème!

Growing pains, that's all. I'm sure this thread will grown organically like the one in the Ex forum has, filling our needs and desires while fitting within the FTE Guidelines.

Stewart

Old 03-29-2018, 06:16 PM
jhl3
Posting Guru
jhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to behold
Extremely low mileage 7.3L, <14k miles, '01 F350 SRW 4R100 for nearly "new" dealer retail price....price is high even when considering/comparing west coast prices, IMO.

https://asheville.craigslist.org/cto...533823440.html

"IF" someone is interested, I will happily check it out for you. It is only about 30 miles from where I live.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:24 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Originally Posted by jhl3 View Post
Extremely low mileage 7.3L, <14k miles, '01 F350 SRW 4R100 for nearly "new" dealer retail price....price is high even considering west coast prices, IMO.

https://asheville.craigslist.org/cto...533823440.html

"IF" someone is interested, I will happily check it out for you. It is only about 30 miles from where I live.
Yeesh, 33K? The only way I'd drop that kind of coin on a Ford diesel is if it has a 6.7L behind it and the MY ends in 15 or 16.

Stewart

Old 03-29-2018, 09:32 PM
jimjokjv
Senior User
jimjokjv is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
What is amazing is how these trucks are selling at twice the Kelley Blue Book value almost everywhere you look.

Old 03-30-2018, 05:56 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by jimjokjv View Post
What is amazing is how these trucks are selling at twice the Kelley Blue Book value almost everywhere you look.
With the way modern diesels are big wallet vacuums (including the coveted Cummins), it doesn't surprise me. I know somebody with a blown 6.2L who is now looking at the 5.9L and 7.3L market. A friend with a trashed fuel rail in his 6.7L went back to gas. Another friend with a 6.7L got fed up with the stealership revolving door and sold it, then bought his coworkers 7.3L. This was the coworker's first diesel, and he went back to gas because we was not mechanically inclined.

That's three I know of personally that pulled the ripcord on their $60K - $70K diesels. Given how few people I personally know with 6.7Ls and other new diesels, that is a big percentage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.