General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Hopefully not too political...but why is everyone marching for gun control lately?

Old 03-27-2018, 02:52 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Hopefully not too political...but why is everyone marching for gun control lately?

If you watch TV or see online news, you'd think everyone is at risk of getting shot by crazy gun-owning Americans. I just pulled up a Top 10 list of deaths in the US...death by gun isn't even on there. Heart disease is number 1.

The stat I saw is that there are roughly 2.5 million deaths in the USA each year; death by gun accounts for 1.3% of all deaths...basically a tiny non-factor. In other words, about 33k Americans die by gun in a year of 2.5 million. Of the 33k gun deaths, 21k are suicide. That means only 10k are homicide, and of those a certain amount are justified by police lethal force, or self-defense, or even accidental death.

I guess my question, without getting too political, is "where are the marches for heart disease, stroke, alzheimer's, falls, auto accidents, diabetes?" Now I'm aware these marches do happen from time to time, but where is the organization, funding, and national / global media coverage?

Old 03-27-2018, 03:17 PM
Chuck's First Ford
Postmaster
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
easier to blame the GUN.. not a person... or persons... groups... mistreatment....
the gun has no rights.. just the owner..

same thing in the 1960's, the collage tower shootings... and many since.

fyi.. I have never owned a gun.

the main reason another country has never attacked the USA.. largest standing Armed civilian force... my opinion.

Old 03-27-2018, 03:53 PM
twigsV10
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Feelings not rational judgment.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:41 AM
thendrix
Laughing Gas
From what I understand the theory is if guns are outlawed the shootings will stop. Kinda like dope. It's illegal and you can't buy it on every street corner can you?

Honestly I think a big part of it is people want to be "part of something" and this is the big topic at the moment. People can take part in a protest and take selfies and put them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc... and it makes them look like difference makers I guess.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:52 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by thendrix
Honestly I think a big part of it is people want to be "part of something" and this is the big topic at the moment. People can take part in a protest and take selfies and put them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc... and it makes them look like difference makers I guess.
I agree. It's people searching for a "cause" to feel like they are making a difference. Well, they are making a difference...but in the wrong direction. True heroes are those who don't seek attention for the good things they do.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:52 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Not everyone understands a corrupt government and how it works.It's much easier to believe in a thing called "gun violence" (as if a gun ever had a motive to take someones life) and think that controlling weapons can help in stopping an insane person from killing,than it is to believe that it's just a ploy to disarm America.
The truth of the matter is as stated.We have far greater issues killing us than our guns.There would need to be mass shootings in great numbers daily,simply to equate to our issues of lack of clean air and water,cancers,obesity etc and one of our largest issues right now,the opioid epidemic.
For anyone who wants to make a difference,an actual one to save life's,they would march for these things.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:09 PM
thendrix
Laughing Gas
The part I don't get is people believe disarming the country will stop the violence. How many murders were there before the gun was invented?

Old 03-29-2018, 05:30 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Because you're being gaslighted. Cruz was still reloading and they were already probably getting the buses lined up. "They" let this happen, as near as anyone can tell. What, exactly, would they have done differently?

Those kids have every reason to be outraged, but the last thing they want is for them to start connecting the dots on who is really responsible. So they have to get out in front of it. Waaaay out in front of it.

Government failed at every level here, and not just once, in an unfortunate turn of events but several times, over and over and over. Even federal authorities were informed at least twice it is alleged that "This guy is crazy, I think he's going to shoot up a school." More laws won't change anything. Trying to repeal the Bill of Rights - what some would really want to do - is likely to start a hot mess. "You can keep your Doctor" was a lie. How about "You can keep your Guns." ?

Don't be fooled.

Big picture wise - What is it they have planned for everyone that they know they deserve to be shot for? These people have to know that peaceable firearms owners and the NRA have nothing to do with these killings and are no threat. They know this. So what's up with that? Pretty wacky.

Here's an excerpt and link to some factual information. Use your own brains and draw your own conclusions.

Who Runs March for Our Lives?
Follow the money.

It's a strange political fact, but nearly every major anti-gun group has been a front group. The NRA is maligned 24/7 and yet it's completely obvious whom it represents. Despite the efforts to tie it to everyone from firearms manufacturers to the Russians (if you can't tie any random Republican thing to the Russians these days, you won't be working at the Washington Post or CNN for very long), it represents its five million members. Anti-gun groups tend to represent shadowy networks.

Take Everytown, the noisiest and most dishonest anti-gun group on the scene. The one consistent thing about anti-gun groups is that that they are usually the opposite of what their name says they are.

Everytown for Gun Safety was formed out of two other groups: Moms Demand Action and Mayors Against Illegal Guns. Both are actually front groups for Michael Bloomberg, the lefty billionaire and former boss of the Big Apple, who used New York City resources to host at least one of its websites.

So Everytown is really New York City.

March for Our Lives is on every cable channel, but who runs it? The photogenic teen fronts are out front. But it's obvious to everyone that a bunch of teens don't have the resources and skills to coordinate a nationwide movement. Instead it's the experienced activists who are actually running things.

The March for Our Lives Fund is incorporated as a 501(c)(4). Donations to 501(c)(4) groups are not tax- deductible. And they don't have to disclose donors. That's why they're a great dark money conduit.

But the March for Our Lives website suggests that donors who want to make a tax-deductible donation should write a check to the "March For Our Lives--Everytown Support Fund". How will Bloomberg's organization provide support for the supposed student group?

Why have two March for Our Lives Fund, one dark and one light? And why is one being routed through the godfather of the gun control lobby?

When it comes to March for Our Lives, the questions never end.

The March for Our Lives permit application was filed by Deena Katz, a co-executive director of the Women's March Los Angeles Foundation. This wasn't just a little bit of professional activist assistance.

The application lists Katz as the "Person in Charge of Event".

Katz is a former Dancing With the Stars and current Bill Maher producer. She's also the former owner of Talent Central, a Los Angeles talent agency, The leaked application lists her as the president of the March for Our Lives Fund.

Media contacts for March for Our Lives are being handled by 42 West. The agency is a full service PR firm operating out of New York and Los Angeles that represents major celebrities. 42 West was supposedly recommended by George Clooney who was one of a number of major celebrity donors.

Where did all those millions of dollars go? Good question.

"They're being directed by people with knowledge of how to responsibly spend this money and it's going to be very transparent. Every penny is going to be accounted for," Jeff Kasky, the father of one of the students, claimed.

Who are those people? A leaked document reveals that the March for Our Lives Action Fund is actually overseen by six directors and is incorporated in Delaware.

So far we have Los Angeles, New York and Delaware, but not Florida.

Donations are being directed to, "March For Our Lives Fund, 16130 Ventura Blvd Ste 320, Encino, CA 91435." That matches the listed office address on the application for the Wishnow Ross Warsavsky & Company. The tax firm appears to have no website.

The six directors lean toward Los Angeles.

There's Aileen Adams, the head of Do Good LA, who had served as the Deputy Mayor for the Office of Strategic Partnerships for Los Angeles. Adams was also UCLA's Vice Provost for Strategic Alliances.

Nor is she the only UCLA person on the list.

There's also George Kieffer, chair of UCLA's Board of Regents, who was named one of the most influential lawyers in California. He also held a variety of other political positions and headed the California State Protocol Foundation which funds expenses for Governor Jerry Brown.

More:

http://sultanknish.blogspot.com.au/2...lives.html?m=1

Old 04-01-2018, 08:51 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by thendrix
The part I don't get is people believe disarming the country will stop the violence. How many murders were there before the gun was invented?
They don't believe that. Don't be fooled. They don't hate guns, they hate YOU. This Hogg kid is a total nutcase. Somebody dug up some of his internet posts. He said as recently as 2017 that mosquitos & malaria killing "billions" of humans is "great for the environment". This is how they think.

https://www.newstarget.com/2018-04-0...vironment.html

Old 04-02-2018, 11:02 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
If this is authentic, and sure looks like it. Then the "March for our Lies" was planned long before the shooting itself. (Put your tin-foil hat away, it just means the event was re-purposed.)

Also explains why the average age of the people there was 50+ etc. Totally not any sort of grass roots deal on the part of the "survivors", however.

Name:  photo242.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  102.7 KB

Old 04-03-2018, 05:37 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Great stuff, Tedster.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:07 AM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This stuff is so staged.

"We're in bad political trouble."
"Get that crazy kid to shoot up a school, then we'll be able to rally our base with something."

Some are nuts, some are copy cats, but I'll bet a ton of them are being egged on by the left. Go visit DU, everyone there is extremely violent. Kill Christians, kill liberty, kill conservatives, blah blah blah, all day long over there. Reality is weirder than fiction.

Old 04-08-2018, 12:17 AM
old farm truck
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 04-08-2018, 07:33 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,154 Posts
66,324 people died of drug overdoses during the 12-month period ending in May 2017 as per the National Center for Health Statistics. .
this is not reported in the media though because they don't care about drug deaths.
the media is controlled by the select few gazillionares that have more money than brains and want to disarm the public so they can have total control over them.
so they feed the public drugs and welfare, and try to take away the guns.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:20 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
"March for Our Lives is not a youth movement, it's another means that aging leftists are using to divide and control us. Theirs is not the voice of a new generation, but of a discredited 19th century ideology."

That's part of the scam, they want you to believe this is a hipster "cool kids" thing. The press is a big part of the gaslighting. Don't be fooled.

http://sultanknish.blogspot.com.au/2...ement.html?m=1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hopefully not too political...but why is everyone marching for gun control lately?