General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Hopefully not too political...but why is everyone marching for gun control lately?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 10:38 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Tedster9
it's another means that aging leftists are using to divide and control us.
Nailed it.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:50 AM
530ktmpilot
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
I agree. It's people searching for a "cause" to feel like they are making a difference. Well, they are making a difference...but in the wrong direction. True heroes are those who don't seek attention for the good things they do.
so true! Justmisguided, attention seeking clowns being manipulated by those hoping to disarm america

Old 04-15-2018, 05:47 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just to add my .2$ in , I for one refuse to listion to tide eating , nail polish wearing saggy pant punks , trying to change what our forefathers and Military has fought for , I grew up with Guns , my father tot use to respect one another and if we had to fight you dam well fishish it, growing up we had the opportunity to pack our guns while walking down the road , headed to the lake or just to hunt squirrels , we carried our guns in our vehicles , ( to school) , I know times have changed, but the right to bare arms is our Right, and we all need to Protect that Right .carry on Gents.

Old 04-15-2018, 06:24 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
I agree 04badford. Soldiers fought and died for these rights; now lousy politicians want to remove them with the stroke of a pen. VT just made “high capacity” magazines illegal. Does the governor realize it only takes a few seconds to load a fresh 10-round mag into a rifle? What on earth does he think he is accomplishing?

Old 04-15-2018, 06:54 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
I agree 04badford. Soldiers fought and died for these rights; now lousy politicians want to remove them with the stroke of a pen. VT just made “high capacity” magazines illegal. Does the governor realize it only takes a few seconds to load a fresh 10-round mag into a rifle? What on earth does he think he is accomplishing?
being in California , you can’t order stuff from out of state , Company’s won’t ship it here, and the bullit grab was a frenzy before some idiots voted on the Ammo law, you probably read all the other horror story’s , that and our Gov Moonbeam browns history , he can’t be out of office soon enough.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:42 PM
old farm truck
Elder User
Soldiers fight and die to secure the foreign policy objectives of the people who own America.

And if the state can pass a law restricting a particular class of weapon then you don't really have a legal right to own one.

You still have the right to complain. But there's not much chance your "representatives" will listen.

This is a problem that should have been addressed generations ago. And people didn't want. So now we're ****ed.

Old 05-25-2018, 01:17 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Not one, but two men ran to their respective cars to grab their guns when a shooter opened fire at an Oklahoma City restaurant Thursday.Police Capt. Bo Matthews said today that both of those men shot suspect Alexander C. Tilghman on Thursday. Tilghman died as a result of those gunshots.The two civilians have been identified by police as Juan Carlos Nazario, 35, and Bryan Whittle, 39."You are welcome," Nazario said to local ABC affiliate KOCO after the shooting. "Just did what was trained to do to neutralize the situation."Before being killed by the two civilians, Tilghman fired shots into Louie's Grill & Bar near Lake Hefner on Thursday. He shot three people, all of whom are expected to survive, Matthews said.Immediately after the shooting, Matthews told the media that a single civilian shot the suspect, but upon further investigation, it was determined that two men both shot the suspect. The two men who shot Tilghman "were not carrying their firearms on them, they [their firearms] were in their vehicles," Matthews said today.When asked what he would call Nazario and Whittle, Matthew described them as "two people that stopped a very tragic situation from going any further."During the news conference today, Matthews wouldn't directly call them "heroes" but said that it was "a great terminology" for the media to use."You can say they're heroes, which is a very good thing to say," Matthews said.
ABC News

Multiple people were injured in a shooting at an Oklahoma City restaurant Thursday afternoon, police said.Nazario and Whittle did not know one another and had arrived at the restaurant separately, he said.Matthews said that because the men were not carrying their weapons on them, conceal carry laws would not be applicable in the case. He did not disclose any information about whether or not they had such licenses, and said that it would be up to the district attorney to decide if they face any charges for their actions, but hinted that he does not expect a case to be brought against them."These guys were protecting somebody else's life. I would think more than likely they would not be filed on," Matthews said.Tilghman, 28, was reportedly wearing shooting glasses and earmuffs commonly seen at gun ranges, Matthews said."It looks like his mind was made up that he was going to [use] his firearm when he got there," Matthews said.
ABC News

Multiple people were injured in a shooting at an Oklahoma City restaurant Thursday afternoon, police said.Matthews said the police "have no records of anybody making any other reports" on Tilghman in their system, though he did have a record of a 2003 arrest for domestic assault and battery from when he was 13 years old.Matthews said that police have not found any record of Tilghman having mental health issues, though said that if someone is to commit "an act like this, you'd have to assume that he probably had a little bit of mental illness."Tilghman fired "from the outside of the door into the restaurant," Matthews said, adding "to me, it looks like a random event.""It could have been really tragic. Again, we're really blessed that only three people were shot and didn't lose their lives," Matthews said of the victims.The National Rifle Association tweeted about the shooting on Thursday, touting it as an example of the idea that “the best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” an idea disputed by experts.

2 civilians rushed to their cars to get their guns before fatally shooting Oklahoma City restaurant gunman

Food for thought:
If the corrupt want to coin the phrase "Gun Violence" when a madman goes on a shooting rampage,then why do they not call these events,when good men save life's using guns; "Gun Heroism"?

Constitution of United States of America 1789 (rev. 1992)

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Meanwhile,another 115 of our loved ones will die just today from drug overdose followed by another 115 tomorrow then another 115 the next day and so forth (the worst mass shooting in modern US history; 58) ............Just saying.
Opioid Overdose Crisis | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

I'm trying not to get to political here either but in closing;
Be careful where you "March" or you could find yourself no longer "Standing" in America.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:39 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
I read more junkies OD'd in 2016 alone than those killed in combat during the entire Vietnam War.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:15 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by 04badford
that and our Gov Moonbeam browns history , he can’t be out of office soon enough.
It's gonna get worse when Gavin Newsome gets elected, especially when it comes to more erosion of our firearms rights.

Stewart

Old 06-05-2018, 03:26 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,106 Likes on 2,167 Posts
we are seeing that here in joisey already Stewart.
the cupcakes elected Murphy and now are screaming because he is raising taxes.
one of his promises whey running for governor was that he was going to raise taxes to pay for all the free crap he was going to give away.

Old 06-05-2018, 04:16 PM
MrMajestyk
Laughing Gas
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Liberals operate from fear, and they’ve got an entire routine about people supposedly shooting family members and not being able to stop criminals,
But people who want to take away your rights under the pretense of safety and security are really just laying the groundwork for tyranny.
In the end, the only form of gun control that works is taking aim before pulling the trigger.

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:49 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Gun control is proper breathing and to squeeze, don't pull.

Stewart

Old 06-14-2018, 03:14 AM
Old Turnkey
Cross-Country
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Easy, if it will save one child, ban whatever it is no matter however it or what was used.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:25 AM
aussie bl
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yes

just thought i would add my 2 cents worth the main reason japan never invaded aussie in 43 was the armed population they said that near every home had a gun and every body was prepared to use it .

easier to blame the GUN.. not a person... or persons... groups... mistreatment....
the gun has no rights.. just the owner..

same thing in the 1960's, the collage tower shootings... and many since.

fyi.. I have never owned a gun.

the main reason another country has never attacked the USA.. largest standing Armed civilian force... my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Old 06-15-2018, 09:32 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Old Turnkey
Easy, if it will save one child, ban whatever it is no matter however it or what was used.
pesonal Opinion , my Opinion No , Ban bad Polititions making stupid laws , Ban NFL , Ban Chewing gum.

Originally Posted by aussie bl
just thought i would add my 2 cents worth the main reason japan never invaded aussie in 43 was the armed population they said that near every home had a gun and every body was prepared to use it .

easier to blame the GUN.. not a person... or persons... groups... mistreatment....
the gun has no rights.. just the owner..

same thing in the 1960's, the collage tower shootings... and many since.

fyi.. I have never owned a gun.

the main reason another country has never attacked the USA.. largest standing Armed civilian force... my opinion.
[/QUOTE]
True, America has locked and loaded for a Reason , Government , Taliban, and the Bad Guy that wants your goods, the poster above got off light , I had a lot more to Add , just being nice right now.

Quick Reply: Hopefully not too political...but why is everyone marching for gun control lately?