Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DTC P20EE and P207F

Old 03-25-2018, 10:03 PM
Justin Longacre
Freshman User
Justin Longacre is starting off with a positive reputation.
DTC P20EE and P207F

OK I have a question and I need some help.
Today while driving back from the movies me CEL came on. When I got home I read the codes and saw P20EE andP207F. I have looked up the codes P20EE - SCR NOx Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) and the other P207F - Reductant Quality Performance. I searched and read related threads in the forums. I did realize it has been a while since I had filled my DEF tank and promptly went and filled it...It took four gallons, never saw a low DEF warning. I drove the truck home and re read the codes as the reduced speed warning had come on. P20EE code had disappeared, and so I figured the code would reset if I kept driving so I jumped the gun and cleared the code. Did I do the wrong thing? I am supposed to go to Medford OR to pick up our new 28' Jayco and drag back over the hill to Klamath Falls on Saturday. I know there is no way I could get this done before then with out either doing myself or taking it to Billy Joe Jim Bob's backyard shop(that ain't happening). I don't want to damage my truck. I just can't seem to catch a break..I just replaced the EGR cooler 2 months ago......

Old 03-25-2018, 10:10 PM
m-chan68
Postmaster
m-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputation
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1528845-has-anyone-successfully-completed-the-exhaust-system-fault-procedure.html

Post #4.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:09 PM
js139
Senior User
js139 is starting off with a positive reputation.
207f is usually related to your nox sensor in the exhaust. Did you get the limited to 50 mph in 50 miles? If so or you got some other speed reduced error, take your truck to a dealer. Donít continue to drive it cause it will shut you down. Usually your nox 12 sensor (last one in the exhaust) can be replaced and you can perform the procedure to unlock the truck.

Your other option is to do the dpf delete. Many people get into it and itís a sensor plus something. This system is a pain in the a$$. If you need to drive it, just get it to a dealer. If one isnít available, get your delete kit on order, cause nobody will help you when your truck becomes a paperweight.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:38 PM
Justin Longacre
Freshman User
Service recommendation

Talked to the service manager this morning and here is the jist of the conversation. He was up front about what could be wrong. Worst case- DPF a $3000 dollar part and repair. Best case an EGT sensor-covered under warranty. Also stated that it could be an array of other things, i.e high sulfur content in the fuel, the sensor sucking air being the tank was so low or bad DEF. His recommendation was to do exactly what I did since the P20EE code disappeared. IF the DEF system was truly defective the codes would return immediately with every turn of the key. He did state that it was most probably a defective sensor and the P207F would return after a few driving cycles. He also stated that if the DEF sensor was sucking air, then the filling of the DEF tank could have very well solved the issue. He said to keep an eye on it and if it happens again bring it in for the diagnostic.....crossed fingers that it doesn't happen again. and yes the limited speed to 50 mph in 50 miles did come up when the codes originally came up but cleared when when I commanded it to

Old 03-27-2018, 10:22 PM
js139
Senior User
js139 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Justin Longacre View Post
Talked to the service manager this morning and here is the jist of the conversation. He was up front about what could be wrong. Worst case- DPF a $3000 dollar part and repair. Best case an EGT sensor-covered under warranty. Also stated that it could be an array of other things, i.e high sulfur content in the fuel, the sensor sucking air being the tank was so low or bad DEF. His recommendation was to do exactly what I did since the P20EE code disappeared. IF the DEF system was truly defective the codes would return immediately with every turn of the key. He did state that it was most probably a defective sensor and the P207F would return after a few driving cycles. He also stated that if the DEF sensor was sucking air, then the filling of the DEF tank could have very well solved the issue. He said to keep an eye on it and if it happens again bring it in for the diagnostic.....crossed fingers that it doesn't happen again. and yes the limited speed to 50 mph in 50 miles did come up when the codes originally came up but cleared when when I commanded it to
hopefully itís just a sensor and your warranty covers it. This was a real issue for me and Ford gave me no support. I will say that before I spend $3k on a new dpf, Iíd delete. Iíve picked up 3.5 mpg on exclusive in town driving since my delete. The truck just runs way better. Wonít be looking back.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:09 AM
Justin Longacre
Freshman User
I just very well may explore that option if it is a dpf. What really worries me is I didn't get a 500 mile countdown for the DEF, it's a pita to scroll through the all the info to keep an eye on the level of DEF and the only thing it will say is DEF OK/>half full/or low. Without a laptop with the correct software to monitor the engine, it is all guess work...

Old 04-02-2018, 08:52 PM
Justin Longacre
Freshman User
Truck went into the dealer today, clogged DEF injector. Cleaned the the injector and the issue is resolved according to the paper work. The dealer tried to charge a diagnostic fee ($125), I said no, the diagnostic is mandatory to do the repair, I will pay the labor and parts, but not a separate fee for a mandatory procedure. Truck runs like normal now....now I can get my trailer