Raptor Steering Wheel Swap - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Raptor Steering Wheel Swap

Old 03-22-2018, 12:04 AM
AlumadutyAZ
New User
AlumadutyAZ is starting off with a positive reputation.
Raptor Steering Wheel Swap

Anyone know if the Raptor steering wheel with fit on the Superduties? I like the steering wheel bolster and thickness. The steering wheels for on the SD 17s look the exact same as the Ĺ tons. Ive seen youtube vids of F150 swaps with retaining paddle shift capabilities. Thanks in advance!

Old 03-22-2018, 12:45 AM
2manyrides
Junior User
2manyrides is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm intrested in this also. From what I've seen. I believe the swap is just as easy as on the f150. I'd love to see someone make the paddles work on a SD. That would pretty much seal the deal with me.

Old 03-22-2018, 01:19 AM
white_dc
Freshman User
white_dc is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just bought an F150 leather wheel to replace my plastic one, they look identical. Hopefully i'll have time next week to swap them and confirm.

Old 03-22-2018, 01:39 AM
CPal
Senior User
CPal is starting off with a positive reputation.
On topic of steering wheel...can you add a heated steering wheel to a previously unequiped truck? My lariat doesn't have but really wish it did.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:40 AM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
LiquidSteam is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by CPal View Post
On topic of steering wheel...can you add a heated steering wheel to a previously unequiped truck? My lariat doesn't have but really wish it did.
My XLT was not equipped with the proper wiring for a heated steering wheel. Iím sure it can be done but itís not a simple plug and play situation

Old 03-22-2018, 07:36 PM
AlumadutyAZ
New User
I'm not sure on the work-around needed to add heat to the steering wheel, that's a good question.
Here's some folks that added heat to their steering wheels on an F150: Looks like its about $500 in parts
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/add-h...314154/index7/

Here's the vid and write-up on the Raptor steering wheel on an XLT '15-17 with functioning paddles:
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/rapto...ite-up-377692/

Old 03-23-2018, 11:07 AM
Towerhog
Senior User
Towerhog is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not sure. But I can tell you that if that red maker is off to one side (yes even after an alignment) it'll drive you nuts until its fixed. Been there done that.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:38 PM
AlumadutyAZ
New User
No doubt! So I got in touch with a forum member (16boostedgreygoose) on the F150 forum who is the mastermind behind this mod. He sells wiring harnesses for paddle shifter functionality which makes the process plug and play. The wiring harness is NOT necessary but I don't want to mess with the wiring. So I purchased a wiring harness and ordered the Raptor steering wheel as well. I have a feel I won't like the red stripe so I ordered some leather paint to delete it.
More to come in the ensuing weeks!...

Old 03-23-2018, 08:27 PM
clc3251
Senior User
clc3251 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by AlumadutyAZ View Post
No doubt! So I got in touch with a forum member (16boostedgreygoose) on the F150 forum who is the mastermind behind this mod. He sells wiring harnesses for paddle shifter functionality which makes the process plug and play. The wiring harness is NOT necessary but I don't want to mess with the wiring. So I purchased a wiring harness and ordered the Raptor steering wheel as well. I have a feel I won't like the red stripe so I ordered some leather paint to delete it.
More to come in the ensuing weeks!...
following!

Old 03-24-2018, 08:22 AM
GABAR
Posting Guru
GABAR is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by AlumadutyAZ View Post
Anyone know if the Raptor steering wheel with fit on the Superduties? I like the steering wheel bolster and thickness. The steering wheels for on the SD 17s look the exact same as the Ĺ tons. Ive seen youtube vids of F150 swaps with retaining paddle shift capabilities. Thanks in advance!
This swap has been done on the current generation F150`s and they also got the paddle shifters to work so being that SD`s and F150`s share basically the same cab, i`d say that the swap would be the same.

I don`t want to cause any problems by saying any names on this forum but this swap was detailed on a forum that i`m sure you can figure out the name of.

Have a great day.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:24 AM
theboom
Senior User
theboom is starting off with a positive reputation.
Iíll be watching this thread with great interest.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:38 AM
n1ncz
Freshman User
n1ncz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Also Intrested.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:08 PM
tony m 6.7
Senior User
tony m 6.7 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Boy. those paddle shifters would be a world of fun to drive with the 6.7. Just sayin'. Sometimes I wish I had the console shifter in my truck just to make it easier to manually shift.

Old 03-26-2018, 04:04 PM
Tricon
Postmaster
Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.
I went through this last year, but from what I gathered it would seem you need a new clock spring as well. Its still on my todo list, so I'm interested to see if the harness will still work on the F250 transmission as it would the F150. Thanks for being the guinea pig!

Old 03-26-2018, 04:20 PM
Bill_The_PA
Posting Guru
Bill_The_PA has a good reputation on FTE.Bill_The_PA has a good reputation on FTE.Bill_The_PA has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by tony m 6.7 View Post
Boy. those paddle shifters would be a world of fun to drive with the 6.7. Just sayin'. Sometimes I wish I had the console shifter in my truck just to make it easier to manually shift.
me too. I wish the up fitter switches were here....see photo of my 16 F-150

Switches for light bar, fogs, and back up. All rigid industries.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Raptor Steering Wheel Swap

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.