2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Raptor Steering Wheel Swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 04:15 PM
86paGT
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone know the difference in the ford performance raptor steering wheel or the Ford raptor wheel?

both listed on CJ Pony Parts

ford performance wheel M-3600-F15RRD $451

ford steering wheel raptor HL3Z-3600-AA $525

Old 06-01-2018, 04:21 PM
2016BoostedGreyGoose
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 86paGT
Anyone know the difference in the ford performance raptor steering wheel or the Ford raptor wheel?

both listed on CJ Pony Parts

ford performance wheel M-3600-F15RRD $451

ford steering wheel raptor HL3Z-3600-AA $525
Ironic as it may be they are the same. Both are also over priced. Autonation whitebear lake should have them for $399
HL3Z3600AA is the basic no heated, no acc wheel. If you dont have these options, this is the one you need to order. Hope this helps.

The following users liked this post:
Old 06-01-2018, 06:14 PM
86paGT
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2016BoostedGreyGoose
Ironic as it may be they are the same. Both are also over priced. Autonation whitebear lake should have them for $399
HL3Z3600AA is the basic no heated, no acc wheel. If you dont have these options, this is the one you need to order. Hope this helps.

yes thank you. I tried to pm you for a harness price and if you have any or plan to make anymore. My pm was returned.

i found the ford performance for $378

https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.com...iABEgJTiPD_BwE

Old 06-01-2018, 06:26 PM
2016BoostedGreyGoose
Senior User

yes thank you. I tried to pm you for a harness price and if you have any or plan to make anymore. My pm was returned.
mandatory 10 day waiting period before I can get/send PMs for new members

Old 06-01-2018, 09:27 PM
2016BoostedGreyGoose
Senior User

i found the ford performance for $378

https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.com...iABEgJTiPD_BwE
Nice! Always great when you get lil better price.

Old 06-02-2018, 06:52 AM
CO Wapiti
Elder User
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
So, I’m a little confused. Does anyone know FOR SURE whether or not the steering wheel swap with operable shifting paddles can be done on our trucks, or just the paddles themselves? Have they actually done it successfully?
Even if you have adaptive steering?
I have a Honda Pioneer with shifting paddles and it’s the greatest. I would like to have this on my truck as well but I have adaptive steering.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:02 AM
2016BoostedGreyGoose
Senior User
If you have *Adaptive STEERING, the physical swap cannot be accomplished because of the additional parts behind the airbag/horn will prevent the airbag from latching. The paddle shifter can be made operation on any 2017+ SD..... the harness allows for that. With ADS you cannot swap the raptor wheel. However I could modify a SD steering wheel with a set of Ford paddle shifters, I believe, that should work great! I am waiting on a donor SD wheel so that I can verify clearances for the modification. All others without acc can swap the Raptor wheel.

Old 06-02-2018, 08:46 PM
2manyrides
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, we have successfully enabled the paddle shifters. 2018 XLT prem CCSB 6.2 F350.
first off the pins where very tight I the c226 conector. To the point they just seamed to be a hair to big, but with needle nose, and a jewelers screwdriver I did get them seated all the way in. They where so tight I never heard them “click’’ in, but they wouldn’t push back out from the front so I called it good. I had a bit of a time fully seating the white lock tab back on also. I had to use pliers to get it fully seated. The conector went back in with the new pins installed with just a slight bit more resistance then before, but I didn’t feel I was forcing it in at all so, all was good. Now on the other side. It was completely different. Their was no such conector on the driver underside of the colum like shown in the directions. Good news is it was VERY CLEAR where you needed to tie in at. Their is clearly a group of 5 wires that comes out from the shifter and has a conector to 5 other wires on a push clip right above the ignition.
Grey wire from new harness (shift up) goes to grey wire on truck side
Green wire on new harness (shift down) goes to green/violet wire on truckside
Yellow wire from new harness (return) goes to yellow/violet wire truckside.
the Other 2 wires on tis truckside harness are brown/white, and brown/green. Neither of them are used for this mod.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:15 PM
2016BoostedGreyGoose
Senior User
Originally Posted by 2manyrides
Ok, we have successfully enabled the paddle shifters. 2018 XLT prem CCSB 6.2 F350.
first off the pins where very tight I the c226 conector. To the point they just seamed to be a hair to big, but with needle nose, and a jewelers screwdriver I did get them seated all the way in. They where so tight I never heard them “click’’ in, but they wouldn’t push back out from the front so I called it good. I had a bit of a time fully seating the white lock tab back on also. I had to use pliers to get it fully seated. The conector went back in with the new pins installed with just a slight bit more resistance then before, but I didn’t feel I was forcing it in at all so, all was good. Now on the other side. It was completely different. Their was no such conector on the driver underside of the colum like shown in the directions. Good news is it was VERY CLEAR where you needed to tie in at. Their is clearly a group of 5 wires that comes out from the shifter and has a conector to 5 other wires on a push clip right above the ignition.
Grey wire from new harness (shift up) goes to grey wire on truck side
Green wire on new harness (shift down) goes to green/violet wire on truckside
Yellow wire from new harness (return) goes to yellow/violet wire truckside.
the Other 2 wires on tis truckside harness are brown/white, and brown/green. Neither of them are used for this mod.

Awesome news 2manyrides! I will make the necessary adjustments and map out where the non pinned side wires route on the SD. I will also see if I can "borrow" a SD locally to take pics and write specific instructions for you guys to include with the harness. The way you located the correct wires to tap into is EXACTLY why I use factory color wires! Thanks

Old 06-02-2018, 09:28 PM
2manyrides
Senior User
Old 06-02-2018, 09:28 PM
2manyrides
Senior User
Hope that helps out

Old 06-02-2018, 09:33 PM
2manyrides
Senior User
Correction on my wiring it was a purple wire that goes to green/violet. Not a green wire. BGG ‘s wireing harness has a grey, purple, and yellow wire

Old 06-02-2018, 09:45 PM
2016BoostedGreyGoose
Senior User
Thank you.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:53 AM
clc3251
Senior User
Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2016BoostedGreyGoose
If you have ACC the physical swap cannot be accomplished because of the additional parts behind the airbag/horn will prevent the airbag from latching. The paddle shifter can be made operation on any 2017+ SD..... the harness allows for that. With acc you cannot swap the raptor wheel. However I could modify a SD steering wheel with a set of Ford paddle shifters, I believe, that should work great! I am waiting on a donor SD wheel so that I can verify clearances for the modification. All others without acc can swap the Raptor wheel.
This is interesting! I have ACC and AS so a wheel swap is out for me. I would definitely be in for a set of paddle shifters added to my wheel. Please keep me updated!

Old 06-03-2018, 06:07 PM
2016BoostedGreyGoose
Senior User
Originally Posted by 2manyrides
Hope that helps out
Could I ask you, when you get a chance, to look for a service number on the small harness that plugs into the top of the shifter connector and the clockspring? C219. Its usually on a white barrel sleeve somewhere along the harness bodyI think I can drastically streamline the installation for SD owners with a complete PnP harness.

Originally Posted by clc3251
This is interesting! I have ACC and AS so a wheel swap is out for me. I would definitely be in for a set of paddle shifters added to my wheel. Please keep me updated!
Hoping to have some time this coming weekend to work on it as all parts should be here.

Quick Reply: Raptor Steering Wheel Swap