Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

It`s official....... SYNC 3 version 3.0 has been released

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 09:57 AM
Shrapnel64
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I upgraded from 2.3 to 3.0 this morning. The screen seems a lot faster. The only "issue" I've seen is after the start up is complete, the screen tells me that Sync is able to connect to WiFi (I didn't have this happen on 2.3). I went into the General settings and then disabled the WiFi network notification.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:36 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 236 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by SJMaye
I already had Waze loaded on my phone before even owning this truck. Is the Ford applink catalog version different?

FWIW- I noticed my version of Waze updated yesterday.
It`s hard to say if Waze in the AppLink catalog will be different that the version people are already using on their phone because it`s not out yet.

I`ve never used Waze but if you look at it this way, if they are they same, why use up the data on your phone when the SYNC system can do the same.

Both Waze and Ford/SYNC said it should be available soon.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:43 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by msgtord
No, the owners website has never updated. I'm still showing the last update being 1.0 on Dec 15, 2015. It always shows when the latest update is available, such as the 3.0, and I have no problem installing the update. The website just will not take the confirmation. I've talked to the sync people and they don't have a clue. I put it out there because I know others have the same issue.
Wow, that is very odd.

I`m not sure if you`ve tried this yet or if it`s possible after the fact but have you tried deleting your Ford Owner profile and just start off fresh with a new one by registering again?

I`m also not sure if it matters but are you registered with both Ford Owner and FordPass?

Old 03-23-2018, 09:28 AM
AeroCare
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GABAR
Wow, that is very odd.

I`m not sure if you`ve tried this yet or if it`s possible after the fact but have you tried deleting your Ford Owner profile and just start off fresh with a new one by registering again?

I`m also not sure if it matters but are you registered with both Ford Owner and FordPass?
I thought I entered the VIN to my truck to register. If so then I think the account would come up as already registered.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:49 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by AeroCare
I thought I entered the VIN to my truck to register. If so then I think the account would come up as already registered.

Hence the reason in the beginning of my statement when I said i`m not sure if it`s even possible after the fact.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:09 PM
Rikster-7700
Fleet Mechanic
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
One of the other changes is the radio turning off if you unplug your phone after using AA or CarPlay. That was a major bug bear of mine having to turn the radio off before I unplugged or else get my eardrums blown out by the radio. Bass response seems a little better also.

All those who want to use Waze, if you have android it will run fine in AA, I use it all the time, and did with 2.3 also. CarPlay people, the news isn't so good. That is more down to Apple wanting to force you to use their maps than google/waze.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:14 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
I updated to 3.0 this Saturday and everything went well. After plugging the USB stick into the vehicle, total update time took 24 minutes and 5 minutes of that was waiting for the System Updating message to come up on the screen. The download to my computer and then to the USB stick took quite a bit longer than the actual update.

After receiving the Update is complete message and to remove the USB stick and that updates will take place on my next start up, I turned the vehicle off, got out and locked the doors. I waited for an hour before I started it up again.

After start up, I immediately notice a few different things on the SYNC screen.

I guess this applies to people with Sirius but the SXM logo is now on the screen, the font or style of words has changed, the navigation logo has changed, I don`t use it but the AA logo has been removed so perhaps it`ll come back up once AA is plugged into the USB upon setup, and i`m sure there is more but I haven`t checked everything.

To me, the speed seems to be the same as 2.3.

I used a Mac for the upgrade so if any Mac users are having problems just ask away and i`ll try to help you.

Have a great day.

Old 03-25-2018, 07:06 PM
StevieB14
New User
Originally Posted by Shrapnel64
I upgraded from 2.3 to 3.0 this morning. The screen seems a lot faster. The only "issue" I've seen is after the start up is complete, the screen tells me that Sync is able to connect to WiFi (I didn't have this happen on 2.3). I went into the General settings and then disabled the WiFi network notification.
I have the same issue, however I have disabled the wifi network notification and is still keeps coming up when I start the truck??

Old 03-25-2018, 07:59 PM
Wiggums
Posting Guru
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
For the website to update what version you have.. I updated from 1.0 to 2.3 and the website finally acknowledged the update a few weeks later, and the date I updated it was correct..

Old 03-25-2018, 08:59 PM
Boiler Guy
New User
I found that the Sync 3.0 update includes a push button for the heated steering wheel. This makes it a little simpler to use.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:22 PM
Shrapnel64
Freshman User
Originally Posted by StevieB14
I have the same issue, however I have disabled the wifi network notification and is still keeps coming up when I start the truck??
I actually had the same thing. I thought it was fixed because it doesn't show up right away.

I ended up turning off the WiFi feature since I don't use this feature on the regular.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:45 AM
msgtord
Posting Guru
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by GABAR
Wow, that is very odd.

updated on the twentieth, and finally got the confirmation on the owners site that sync is up to date.

Old 03-31-2018, 04:05 PM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by msgtord
updated on the twentieth, and finally got the confirmation on the owners site that sync is up to date.
Awesome.

Glad to hear the website finally updated your vehicle info.

Frustrating yes but patience paid off for you.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:31 AM
storage_man
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Since I can't confirm my sync 3.0 update because It never recorded a confirmation file, I wonder if running the update again will give me the file ? Has anybody done this before ?

Old 04-01-2018, 02:05 PM
Tx.Hoon
Mountain Pass
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by storage_man
Since I can't confirm my sync 3.0 update because It never recorded a confirmation file, I wonder if running the update again will give me the file ? Has anybody done this before ?

Are you saying that the vehicle did not write the .xml file to your USB drive? When the update is successful, it will write a file on the USB drive with the vehicles VIN and will end in .xml. If the update happens over the air via wifi, it should upload the file directly to ford.

Quick Reply: It`s official....... SYNC 3 version 3.0 has been released