Please fix the amazon gift card pop up! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Please fix the amazon gift card pop up!

Old 03-14-2018, 02:02 PM
530ktmpilot
Senior User
530ktmpilot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.530ktmpilot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Please fix the amazon gift card pop up!

canít get 3 or 4 clicks into the website without this pop up hijacking the webpage. Did apples browser clearing process and no improve,ent. Reading further, it appears the issue is occurring on the FTE site end. Please review and fix. Iíd be glad to,send screen shots if that helps.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:29 PM
AbitaPro
Senior User
AbitaPro is starting off with a positive reputation.
Website being HIJACKED

Originally Posted by 530ktmpilot View Post
canít get 3 or 4 clicks into the website without this pop up hijacking the webpage. Did apples browser clearing process and no improve,ent. Reading further, it appears the issue is occurring on the FTE site end. Please review and fix. Iíd be glad to,send screen shots if that helps.
DITTO

not enjoy to use Ford-Trucks website, continues being hi-jacked and if you canít backup webpages you have to close out and relogin, after several attempts, I have better things to do....

beef up up your website security, please

Old 03-15-2018, 02:13 AM
yardbird
Elder User
yardbird is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Must be an Apple thing. Never had a pop-up or anything from here on my Android, or my old Vista laptop for that matter.

Old 03-15-2018, 05:35 PM
IB Jose
Internet Brands
IB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud of
The ad popups are something we've been struggling with and looking for viable long-term solutions for.

Please use an adblocker of your choice for the time being.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:27 AM
SupDuty
New User
SupDuty is starting off with a positive reputation.
In your settings go to safari then at the bottom go to advanced then turn off JavaScript. Then open safari and come here and when your done turn safari back on. Itís a pain but it works for now. I do find myself logging on here a lot less because of this.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:36 PM
onug
Posting Guru
onug has a great reputation on FTE.onug has a great reputation on FTE.onug has a great reputation on FTE.onug has a great reputation on FTE.onug has a great reputation on FTE.onug has a great reputation on FTE.
My javascript is off and I still have this problem when I access the site. Particularly on my iPhone.

Seen this probelm on a few other sites, but not as bad as here.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:53 PM
onug
Posting Guru
onug has a great reputation on FTE.onug has a great reputation on FTE.onug has a great reputation on FTE.onug has a great reputation on FTE.onug has a great reputation on FTE.onug has a great reputation on FTE.
Just to close the loop here...Iíve been using an ad blocking app for a week now (Adblock for iPhone) and it works great. No problems here or other websites I visit with pop-ups or redirects.

I think the app is also blocking the video ads on my Spotify app...pretty sweet

Last edited by onug; 08-30-2018 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Spel chek
Old 12-01-2018, 07:43 AM
VA13FX4
Senior User
VA13FX4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by onug View Post
Just to close the loop here...Iíve been using an ad blocking app for a week now (Adblock for iPhone) and it works great. No problems here or other websites I visit with pop-ups or redirects.

I think the app is also blocking the video ads on my Spotify app...pretty sweet
name of the app??

Old 12-02-2018, 09:34 AM
onug
Posting Guru
The app is called Adblock.