2002 excursion limited stock tv/vcr replace - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Reload this Page >

2002 excursion limited stock tv/vcr replace

Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 03-13-2018, 11:10 PM
Brendan Moore
New User
Brendan Moore is starting off with a positive reputation.

I have a broken tv I want to replace with a bigger one last thread I saw on.y help for different style, mine go all the way back no vents to the side. Has anyone done this before? Bigger tv means bigger hole then stock and didn't want to cut up console. Hope I can place new o e over old hole.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:56 AM
1 Excursion camper
Posting Guru
1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future1 Excursion camper has a brilliant future
The stock X TV was in an overhead console that flipped down it, had a DVD player next to it. And IIRC it was a late 02 option. Your saying it’s a VCR/TV in a console that would be aftermarket setup.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:10 PM
01__Excursion
Senior User
01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.01__Excursion has a great reputation on FTE.
Do you have this rare console? Which usually had the companion VCP in the base console, with remote, and remote holder.

Which was replaced with the second separate console,

Old 03-18-2018, 10:07 AM
cameeks
Posting Guru
cameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to behold

Old 03-18-2018, 10:10 AM
cameeks
Posting Guru
cameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to behold
This is what i did with my dealer installed one. Made a mount for the new one.

(tried to type after the uplaod and i couldn't on my phone)

Old 03-18-2018, 07:20 PM
Timberframer03
New User
Timberframer03 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Timberframer03 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Mine is different than the pics. I have two flip down screens, a DVD in the center console and a vcr under the second row behind the driver. I'd like to get mine working (or upgrade them). How many variations were there? Is there a simple tablet install I can do up there?

Old 03-28-2018, 12:18 AM
Brendan Moore
New User
Originally Posted by 1 Excursion camper View Post
The stock X TV was in an overhead console that flipped down it, had a DVD player next to it. And IIRC it was a late 02 option. Your saying itís a VCR/TV in a console that would be aftermarket setup.
thanks for reading. Yes I just bought it and the man said stock vcr but don' know if he bought it new or how he would know it it was after market. Either way the console is my issue. Stock tv is much smaller then what I would like to replace it with and her much In the way. I was thinking a cap to cover old hole and placing two 18" on either side of console. And thoughts

Old 03-28-2018, 12:21 AM
Brendan Moore
New User
Originally Posted by 01__Excursion View Post
Do you have this rare console? Which usually had the companion VCP in the base console, with remote, and remote holder.

Which was replaced with the second separate console,

yes this is the one I still have the remote too just cut the wire to it today

Old 03-28-2018, 12:27 AM
Brendan Moore
New User
Originally Posted by cameeks View Post
This is what i did with my dealer installed one. Made a mount for the new one.

(tried to type after the uplaod and i couldn't on my phone)
can you tell me you steps? I' try to see but still looks a little diffrent (see top pic) . How big is your new screen? Thanks for the help

Old 03-28-2018, 04:26 AM
cameeks
Posting Guru

Built a wooden frame to fill in the old hole then a piece to mount the new monitor onto it. Then covered it in carpet. The new one is 14". Im going to replace it again later on. Hoping to find a good led screen to put up there.

Old 03-28-2018, 03:05 PM
Brendan Moore
New User
Originally Posted by cameeks View Post

Built a wooden frame to fill in the old hole then a piece to mount the new monitor onto it. Then covered it in carpet. The new one is 14". Im going to replace it again later on. Hoping to find a good led screen to put up there.
thanks for the pictures. You see between your dome light and new screen' your console flares out, mine is flush. That I thing is my problem bigger screen will aver lap and leave a large gap on either side of the console while with yours it fit with In the console. But I this I can do it. Cut U shape piece of wood to fit tight to the console and go wide as I need then carpet it or vinyl

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.