6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2016 6.7 blown motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 08:17 AM
DogRidesInBack
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by m-chan68
I believe that number is for '11 to '14 model years. The OP has a '16 truck. He needs FC3Z-6079-A.
About $750USD on eBay (that is about $1,000 CAN):

https://www.ebay.com/p/FC3Z6079A-Kit...ord/1256090983

Question then is if the dealer would use these parts, and warrant them.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:18 AM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by m-chan68
I believe that number is for '11 to '14 model years. The OP has a '16 truck. He needs FC3Z-6079-A.
The listing show 2015 and 2017 but not 2016......odd..the Fc3Z-6079-A is for 2016 only it appears....glad I don't have a 2016.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:48 AM
The Bone
Cargo Master
Received 228 Likes on 164 Posts
Man this is sad. Not good to have this happen Lar-Man. Hopefully getting a beater for work may be a good idea. Then when it's all done get rid of the 16 and get another truck. I love my truck. it is a beast and I would get another F250. But with the trouble you are having wouldn't blame you if you went to the darkside. Can't believe Ford isn't helping. It's only one truck and its there parts that aren't available.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:25 AM
Lar man
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear you. I just do t know what to do except for put my head down and work. I've Inquired with lawyers, losing money battle. I've talked to many dealers for help. I've done social media. Better business bureau complaint. Consumer ministry complaint. Begged ford. I'm losing money. Stressed to the max. Yesterday I had to rent a truck from uhaul as I do every third day for loads and its 130 a pop. Thanks again for all your input everyone. I sent ford the links for the parts. Hopefully they may source other avenues other than what there computers say they got. I looked into chevy and dodge social media and the grass certainly isn't greener on the other side. It seems the bigger a company is the more they can get away with. They market trucks as reliable, tough, quality, like a rock etc etc etc put working men on there commercials and in the end we get the shaft. I never had problems like this in the good old days when trucks were workable without all the gadgets and components. I'm seriously thinking of going back Into an older model... at least for work truck. I doubt I'd be down for 4 months in an 84-88 f250 gasser.

Originally Posted by Fab man 235
I know how much stress you’re going through with this crap but if you give up THEY WIN ! I run my own business too and know where you’re coming from on trying to deal with it,
I can’t believe there not pushing to help remedy this situation.

You can’t give up! Maybe post the names and numbers of people your dealing with on this and we could all contact them in a civil manor and voice our disapproval of the way they are handling the situation.
we all are Ford owners remember it could be us one day!
ear ya

Old 04-17-2018, 10:36 AM
David7.3
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just noticed your post. I worked for a township public works in the garage, they only buy Ford F-550's. They got a batch in 2 years ago and had one blow the 6.7 engine. Piston and rod thru the block!! The dealer told us it was from to much idile time. She only had 18,000 miles on it but they said the hours were what they judged it by. The dealer did a solid and installed a new engine because they buy 12 at a time on government bid, plus all the parts we buy thru the year!! But at first they wanted nothing to do with a warranty, sorry for your headache, just wanted you to know!!

Old 04-17-2018, 10:37 AM
Lar man
Freshman User
Parts

Ford says they cannot use any parts other than from ford regardless of genuine or not.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:24 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Well Lar Man, I'm late to this thread and I can offer nothing except to agree with your perspective. I think you've got it down perfectly, though...every single car manufacturer in the world would put the screws to you in the same manner.

You could try doing a petition in Change.org to make Ford better honor their warranty. That is a site with more audience and big companies are more aware of it. I don't personally care for the site because of its typically liberal perspectives, but it has been effective even in individual cases against big companies in the past.

Frankly, if this happened to me I would never do business with Ford motor company ever again...just out of principle, even if all the others are the same.

You are facing a truly losing battle which costs you more money every day. It would be a very bitter pill to swallow, but would you consider trading your truck to another gas Super Duty? That way you could likely get into a new truck for similar money. Maybe negotiate that $2k allowance with Ford to a little bit more. You'd be losing money, but you'd have a truck again and could stop the rentals and in the end might end up with something more reliable. Just thought.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:03 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by Lar man
I doubt I'd be down for 4 months in an 84-88 f250 gasser.
Even a 6.2L F-series or 5.0L F150. Complex trucks come with complex troubles...

Hate reading about your troubles.

Bruce...

Old 04-17-2018, 01:22 PM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
Even a 6.2L F-series or 5.0L F150. Complex trucks come with complex troubles...

Hate reading about your troubles.

Bruce...
As a Ford dealer tech, well aware of how service repair processes work and what protocol and procedures have to be followed, I am beyond blown away that a part unavailability is having wide ranging consequences to an individual's life. Having said that, the OP should not have to downgrade a vehicle due to circumstances that are no fault of his. But I also understand there are many people out there now, involved in this mess, none of whom have any power to expedite the process to have him repaired and moving on with his life. But looking at the said kit itself, it doesn't appear that there are that many parts included in the kit that can't be purchased separately. If I have time later on today, I will have a look/see through Microcat myself to see if I can "build" a kit that will match that kit in its entirety to get this individual moving.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:44 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,343 Likes on 1,751 Posts
Originally Posted by Y2KW57
Consumers usually cave in to the path of least resistance, sooner or later. That is all they have time and resources to practically accomplish. Running a small business? Raising four kids? Feeding the family? Keeping the roof over head? Paying the heating bill? These life threatening responsibilities take precedence over fighting a multi billion dollar global manufacturer weaseling out of their promise to back up their product. So normal folks give in.
Thought long and hard..... I'm throwing in the towel. I've done dozens of emails to ford. Reviews on Yelp, Facebook, better business bureau complaint, letters etc on and on. I know have to pay for a beater truck to keep me going at work (or limp thru) and keep up with my BILLS. I've gotta pick up a night job on the side of my own business to get me out of this ford mess. I... don't have anymore time to waste on pursuing ford. Its depressing. My kids see me this upset...
I just do t know what to do except for put my head down and work. I've Inquired with lawyers, losing money battle. I've talked to many dealers for help. I've done social media. Better business bureau complaint. Consumer ministry complaint. Begged ford. I'm losing money. Stressed to the max. . It seems the bigger a company is the more they can get away with. They market trucks as reliable, tough, quality, like a rock etc etc etc put working men on there commercials and in the end we get the shaft.
Exactly.

And Ford knew this all along.

They've seen it many times before.

And there is nothing we can do about it. We are brainwashed to abhor any "regulations" that would provide a pathway for the consumer to invoke a fair and balanced system of redress.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:52 PM
radium
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Well first let me say I'm really sorry to hear about your issues, but I think I can help you if you go back and check out my post my 2016 F350 which I loved 6.7 lost the bottom end. 64 Thousand plus miles it was disheartening to hear I had an engine failure not to mention the loss of profits from going to work being an independent floor contractor. The long and short of the story Ford stood behind the engine and replaced it with a new motor but I lost the fuel pump at the same time don't want to go into it right now it was financially better for me to write the truck off as a loss for the year and buy a 17 perhaps your dealer can work with you and help you get out of this truck so you can get back to work. A lot of people on this form buy these trucks for a weekend toy haulers and there's nothing wrong with that but for someone like you and me that need to make a living it can literally put you in the street it was the best move I made dumping the truck out. If you financially can afford it I would highly recommend it rather than waiting for the truck to be fixed or whatever will occur . Good luck whatever the outcome sometimes you have to lose a limb to save the body take care

Old 04-17-2018, 06:07 PM
NDE
Junior User
Maybe you can convince them to swap a comparable certified pre-owned. That would put you back on the road, when the parts come in they can repair your truck, certify it and put it up for sale just as the one you take.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:38 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I don't blame you for giving up. Don't know how much you owe on it, but there are likely some used car dealers who will give you an offer on it knowing it will be fixed eventually. Won't be a great offer, but beats making payments on an over sized paperweight.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:19 PM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts

Okay, the picture above appears to have the kit (part number FC3Z-6079-A) with all the parts laid out. From spending some time playing with the parts online catalogue at work, after working hours I was able to come up with a list of all the hardware, minus the fasteners. Here's what I come up with:

CM-5191 Injector Installation Kit (4 required)
CM-5192 Injector Installation Kit (4 required)
BC3Z-00812-B Injector Hold-Down Bolt (8 required)
FC3Z-9T514-A Turbo Mounting Gasket Kit
FC3Z-9448-A Exhaust Manifold Gasket (2 required)
BC3Z-00810-A Exhaust Manifold Hardware (12 required)
FC3Z-00810-A Exhaust Manifold Hardware (4 required)
-W701706-S430 Exhaust Manifold Nuts (16 required)
FC3Z-9P455-A EGR Cooler Mounting Gasket Kit
BC3Z-8C387-A Coolant Crossover Gasket
BC3Z-8C387-B Coolant Crossover Gasket
RT-1231 Thermostat
BC3Z-9439-A Intake Gasket
BC3Z-9439-B Intake Gasket
BC3Z-9439-C Intake Gasket (2 required)
BC3Z-2A572-A Vacuum Pump Gasket
BC3Z-9E964-A High Pressure Fuel Lines
BC3Z-9E936-B Throttle Body Gasket
FD-4615 Fuel Filters

I am certain I have covered every part illustrated above, with those part numbers MINUS SOME NUTS AND BOLTS. I will get to looking those up tomorrow if I have time. The part numbers above are the most current level part numbers, and are available for order through Bramalea and Edmonton PDCs (not sure where BC dealers source their daily orders from).

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a parts guy. I am only a licensed Ford Dealership Technician, therefore it is NOT my job to look up parts and check for their availability so I take no legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information I've provided above. I only know how to do this, is because I often find myself in a situation where I will look up my own parts for a job I'm assigned to in order to expedite getting me through the job instead of having to wait for the parts guy who's either tied up with a customer at the front counter or tied up on the phone answering a dumb question. I am doing this solely for the purposes of helping the OP out of his dilemma of being down his vehicle. Having worked for many dealers in my life time I can tell you that having to look up parts with this many in a "grocery list" generally gives most parts guys a headache, therefore a request like this is usually pushed off to a time when things aren't so busy at the dealer.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:28 PM
elee3
Fleet Mechanic
Received 229 Likes on 133 Posts
That’s awesom of you to take time to help out m-chan68! Reps sent.

Quick Reply: 2016 6.7 blown motor