6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2016 6.7 blown motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Originally Posted by Y2KW57
This would only put a black mark on the OP's credit rating, damaging his credit, reputation, earning power, borrowing power, livelihood, and the livelihood of his family... in areas far beyond his need for suitable and reliable transportation.
x3, that's a terrible idea. Ford Credit is a bank, and they are a very separate division from the people who are trying to get the OP's truck on the road. Failing to pay the loan wouldn't have any results other than failing to pay any other kind of loan. Ford Service won't even know or care about it.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:40 AM
The Bone
Cargo Master
Received 228 Likes on 164 Posts
No easy answers for you Lar Man. You must keep your payments up and ride this one out. Just don't know why Ford doesn't want to help with a rental. They could split the cost with you as a good faith offer. I know that doesn't make you happy but better than nothing. This is bad for Ford. Not having a happy customer could hit the internet like Facebook or twitter. Don't go there yet as i am sure they will check your accounts daily for a bad comment and make you suffer more. Sorry Canada doesn't have any consumer protections for this.

Old 04-15-2018, 06:01 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I'd be tempted to visit the dealer every saturday with a big sign stuck to the rental stating how your 2016 will be in this shop for months and the dealer won't help you out with a rental. If you can start giving prospective customers second thought, that might be enough to get some help from at least the dealer.

Not sure if it's different up there, but around here, dealers take in vehicles on trade all the time that they plan on just shipping off to the auction because it's not something they care to sell. Most of these vehicles won't have the price affected by delaying the auction by a couple of months or a few thousand miles. No reason they can't at least let you drive one of those types of vehicles at no charge while you wait.

Ford is too big for you to influence in your case, but the local dealer and it's reputation is an easier target. Just be careful to only stick to the facts and don't do or say anything that will get you in hot water.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:09 AM
The Bone
Cargo Master
Received 228 Likes on 164 Posts
Last thing you want to do is make the dealer that is fixing your car mad. It's not there fault, it's Fords fault not delivering parts. The dealer could however give him a loaner so it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:25 AM
DogRidesInBack
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Bone
Last thing you want to do is make the dealer that is fixing your car mad. It's not there fault, it's Fords fault not delivering parts. The dealer could however give him a loaner so it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Yet if i owned the dealership and was waiting months for Ford to ship parts, I would not want to eat the cost of a loaner for a problem I did not cause. This is a Ford corporate issue, and I would expect corporate to cover any rental.

As far as a trade, the sales portion of the dealership is probably separate from service. So the dealership sales department is not going to willingly take a hit on selling inventory at a deep discount. Again, corporate needs to be involved.

I've lost track since this thread has been going a while, but is there a reason 3rd-party parts can not be used to repair this truck?

Old 04-16-2018, 01:03 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,320 Likes on 1,741 Posts
Originally Posted by DogRidesInBack
...waiting months for Ford to ship parts, This is a Ford corporate issue, and I would expect corporate to cover any rental. Again, corporate needs to be involved.

I've lost track since this thread has been going a while, but is there a reason 3rd-party parts can not be used to repair this truck?
That option was offered by the dealer, but apparently Ford corporate must not have agreed to fully warrant the use of 3rd party parts.

To the extent that I can correctly remember what the OP has reported: During the initial, and even during a subsequent tear down diagnosis, the dealership missed several damaged parts that were later determined in need of replacement. For example, a diagnosis was arrived at, parts were ordered, and then the oil pan was removed, at which point it was discovered that more parts would be needed. The OP questioned why something as basic as the oil pan was not removed in the first place, during the initial diagnosis, especially when the original problem presented was a connecting rod windowing the block. The OP's question seems reasonable. I would think that any catastrophic failure in the bottom end would warrant a pan pull to survey the damage. That the servicing dealer previously demonstrated not being able to fully determine everything that needed replacing twice, points to the possibility that something else could be missed, and continue to be missed all the way up to the truck being delivered as "fixed" back to the OP.

So what happens if 3rd party parts, that Ford corporate does not warrant in writing, are used in the basic engine reassembly, and the engine fails again? Was the new failure due to something else having been missed? Was the new failure due to the root cause never being addressed? Or was the new failure due to the 3rd party parts that Ford corporate never had the opportunity to test, vet, or administer quality process control and assurance over? You can bet if there is even the SLIGHTEST chance that the 3rd party part could even be POTENTIALLY indicted as a contributing factor to the new failure, there will be NO nationwide warranty on the second engine rebuild.... unless Ford warrants the use of those specifically named 3rd party parts in writing. At best, the OP might be able to prevail upon the individual dealership who did the work to offer some assistance if that dealership's work and selection of 3rd party parts failed, but if the OP happens to be on a trip in a different province far away from the original servicing dealer, a second failure within the balance of his original warranty period could end up being entirely on the OP's shoulders by using non Ford approved parts.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:28 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by DogRidesInBack
Yet if i owned the dealership and was waiting months for Ford to ship parts, I would not want to eat the cost of a loaner for a problem I did not cause. This is a Ford corporate issue, and I would expect corporate to cover any rental.
Why not? How much do dealers spend on advertising to get their name out there? What's the cost of letting a customer drive a trade in that won't really lose any value at auction over the next two months if it means a customer that tells everyone how Ford corporate screwed things up but the dealer stepped up and took care of him?

Or I guess you could just pass the buck, say it's not your fault, and hope there's not a Chevy or Dodge dealer in town.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:00 PM
Fab man 235
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 97’ 350 stroker, I smoked a trans at 31,000 just out of warranty, the dealer says we won’t cover it’s repair so I say fine, went home called Ford corporate and complain,about how the truck was flawed and they should stand behind there products.
One week later I get a call and the rep from corporate says your good to go,NO CHARGE!
The dealer was pissed! Because I went over there heads on a warranty issue.
I would stay on corporate customer service, the dealer is just using it as a cash cow they don’t care.
Good Luck!

Old 04-16-2018, 09:01 PM
Lar man
Freshman User
Thrown the towel in.

Thought long and hard..... I'm throwing in the towel. Thanks to you all for your insight and comments. I've done dozens of emails to ford. Reviews on Yelp, Facebook, better business bureau complaint, letters etc on and on. I know have to pay for a beater truck to keep me going at work (or limp thru) and keep up with my Bill's. I've gotta pick up a night job on the side of my own business to get me out of this ford mess. I believe in karma and don't have anymore time to waste on pursuing ford. Its depressing. My kids see me this upset, I just gotta work thru it and hope for the best.
thanks all.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:40 PM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
From all my reading, it seems the only hold up is on the availability of part number FC3Z-6079-A correct? If so, I've done some Google Searching and this is what I come up with so far:

https://puredieselpower.com/ford/11-...3z-6079-a.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-OEM-20...m4383.l4275.c1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-OEM-20...-/252817271092

I'm sure there are many more sources, if I search harder. I understand these are NOT from Ford dealers, but it is that very specific part number and kit that seems to be the hold up. If obtaining this kit yourself right now on your own dime, and provide it to the servicing dealer to use, to move forward with expediting your repair, I'm sure you can work something out with the dealer to provide you with some form of reimbursement later on, but at least it's a start.

PM me if you wish. I did a little of my own researching on part numbers and availability myself today at work, just to confirm that no parts are available, as you state.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:04 AM
Fab man 235
Junior User
I know how much stress you’re going through with this crap but if you give up THEY WIN ! I run my own business too and know where you’re coming from on trying to deal with it,
I can’t believe there not pushing to help remedy this situation.
You can’t give up! Maybe post the names and numbers of people your dealing with on this and we could all contact them in a civil manor and voice our disapproval of the way they are handling the situation.
we all are Ford owners remember it could be us one day!

Old 04-17-2018, 06:10 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Originally Posted by m-chan68
From all my reading, it seems the only hold up is on the availability of part number FC3Z-6079-A correct? If so, I've done some Google Searching and this is what I come up with so far:

https://puredieselpower.com/ford/11-...3z-6079-a.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-OEM-20...m4383.l4275.c1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-OEM-20...-/252817271092

I'm sure there are many more sources, if I search harder. I understand these are NOT from Ford dealers, but it is that very specific part number and kit that seems to be the hold up. If obtaining this kit yourself right now on your own dime, and provide it to the servicing dealer to use, to move forward with expediting your repair, I'm sure you can work something out with the dealer to provide you with some form of reimbursement later on, but at least it's a start.

PM me if you wish. I did a little of my own researching on part numbers and availability myself today at work, just to confirm that no parts are available, as you state.

Excellent plan sir!

Old 04-17-2018, 07:04 AM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
There are a number of listings for the BC3Z-6079-A valve grind set on eBay. The is the part number the FC3Z-6049-A superseded. Check to see if the dealer can order it.

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...-kit-bc3z6079a

Old 04-17-2018, 07:36 AM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by Just Strokin
There are a number of listings for the BC3Z-6079-A valve grind set on eBay. The is the part number the FC3Z-6049-A superseded. Check to see if the dealer can order it.

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...-kit-bc3z6079a
I believe that number is for '11 to '14 model years. The OP has a '16 truck. He needs FC3Z-6079-A.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:05 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Originally Posted by Fab man 235
Maybe post the names and numbers of people your dealing with on this and we could all contact them in a civil manor and voice our disapproval of the way they are handling the situation.
we all are Ford owners remember it could be us one day!
Nope. I'm sorry, that's not going to happen on this forum. I get that you're trying to help, but that's crossing a line.

Quick Reply: 2016 6.7 blown motor