2016 6.7 blown motor - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 6.7 blown motor

Old 03-23-2018, 06:57 PM
m-chan68
Postmaster
m-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Lar man View Post
wow, really good info and food for thought. Thanks so much.
Y2KW57 is wealth of information, and his posts are ceaselessly thought provocative.

He speaks, reads and writes English very well.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:04 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post
Y2KW57 is wealth of information, and his posts are ceaselessly thought provocative.

He speaks, reads and writes English very well.

He doesn't show up often, but when he does, I seem to rep every post...

I'm a fan of his writing but I haven't heard him speak yet...

Old 03-30-2018, 12:02 PM
Lar man
Freshman User
Lar man is starting off with a positive reputation.
Update

Got update as promised on parts situation from Ford customer service yesterday. Engine gasket set still not available and they do not know when supplier will have ready. Said they would give me another update on April 13.
I asked about parts at manufacturing plants and they said they cannot ship from there as the parts are allocated to trucks that are "Sold"..... ya, sold to dealer lots....... !? There is a nation wide shortage on these parts. So the people that have paid good money for trucks suffer so Ford can pump more sales out. I get it, I don' like it but I get it. However on the flip side, what about us guys/ gals that need a new truck in the future? Does Ford think I 'll ever forget about this? My friends? My kids? My work and business colleagues? Im still a ford guy at heart but i feel like ive been stabbed in the back by a friend and will think more than twice about buying again. So much loyalty ive shown. So much pains ive had with my previous two 6.0 ltrs and i never went astray. 2 MONTHS in shop now and two more weeks for an "Update"!?
this is Sad Ford..... very sad. They've almost broken me. But I 'l get thru it. After I recover from all the debt I ve incurred from this.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:26 AM
Tom
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
I think it's more than a simple decision to screw the guys who already bought the truck. Modern production logistical chains are incredibly precise, with virtually everybody using Just-In-Time models that get exact numbers of parts to the plants at just the right time. These systems are highly automated, and you can't just pull components from the chain without creating big issues for the remainder of the production line. A company can't run an efficient assembly operation and do business like that, it's just not possible. It's not just Ford, by the way. Our wheelchair van was down for over a month because of a failed lift cylinder, and Ricon wouldn't pull one from their assembly line either. It sucked, but I understand why.

I completely understand Y2KW57's perspective on this, but if it were my truck I'd have accepted their offer for an aftermarket gasket kit. Provided, of course, it was from a brand I trust. Lots of your higher-end parts brands are OEM suppliers that make the parts that go in the trucks from the factory.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:43 AM
The Bone
Elder User
The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.
Maybe ask Ford to pay your payments while your truck is in the shop.
By the way all engines are stamped with Vin # for trucks on the line. Not sure they could make one for a individual truck already sold. I would be unhappy as you are but the 16's had more power than the 15's so getting a motor from a 15 is out of the question. Just hang in there and they should get you what they need.

Old 03-31-2018, 10:10 AM
cappa
Senior User
cappa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The 16's are exactly the same as the 15. The 14 on the other hand is the first gen 6.7

Old 03-31-2018, 11:28 AM
Lar man
Freshman User
Thanks

Thanks for all the replies. Gives me insight and opinions to cool me down and understand processes. Funny thing is this is the first new truck I ever got. All the others were a year or more old. With the old 6 ltr s I k ew what to expect and there are plenty of shops that know how to and can dial them in. Being at the mercy of Ford warranty and at the mercy of a dealer is painful in this situation. I bought new for reliabiity and am in more pain now than with any older truck I've ever had.

Old 04-01-2018, 02:03 PM
Overkill2
Senior User
Overkill2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hang tough brother. I can't imagine what you're experiencing right now, but keep your head UP.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:13 AM
The Bone
Elder User
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
The 16's are exactly the same as the 15. The 14 on the other hand is the first gen 6.7
I thought the 16's got a bump on HP/TQ

Old 04-02-2018, 09:19 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
No, the change was in 2015.

Old 04-02-2018, 02:44 PM
Cool Ron
New User
Cool Ron is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Lar man View Post
I bought new for reliabiity and am in more pain now than with any older truck I've ever had.
Hang tough man! This is a nightmare of epic proportions. Have you talked to Ford about paying your truck note while in shop? 60 days in shop should bevsignificant to anyone.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:44 AM
Lar man
Freshman User
I did talk to them about paying for truck payments. They will not. I'm supposed to get an update in two days from ford customer service manager in Florida. I'm at the point where I ll be absolutely surprised if he had any good news as if there was any I'd hear it by now. Expecting the same response..... no idea on parts arrival and will update you in another two weeks.
Originally Posted by Cool Ron View Post

Hang tough man! This is a nightmare of epic proportions. Have you talked to Ford about paying your truck note while in shop? 60 days in shop should bevsignificant to anyone.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:59 AM
The Bone
Elder User
You may want to give customer service a call. They should be able to throw you a bone.

Old 04-13-2018, 04:35 PM
Lar man
Freshman User
Officially abandoned by FORD

So customer service got back to me today. No parts. 2 months ETA on parts. Pulling my rental vehicle. Will not cover vehicle rental anymore. Officially SCREWED. If the parts came in 2 months that would be over 4 months in total. NiGHTMARE.
I cannot believe this is happening

Old 04-13-2018, 04:39 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
Lar Man, It's time to look into your states lemon laws if you have not already done so. In Ca. you'd qualify for a buy back.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 6.7 blown motor

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: