Trailer brake issues - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Trailer brake issues

Old 03-15-2018, 10:48 AM
BPofMD
FTE MD Chapter Ldr
BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by P.Bronner View Post
I too am thinking you don't have the ITBC option installed in your truck. Also, the brake feed is not the center pin. The center pin is reverse lights. The brake feed is @5 O'clock relative to the index notch. If the truck's plug is rotated so the index is at 3 o'clock, (I think it is) then the brake feed is at 8.
Pay close attention to the ^above^ information! (BOLD TYPE)

Old 03-17-2018, 05:27 PM
dtherrien
Senior User
dtherrien is starting off with a positive reputation.
The thing is the OP said he had trailer brakes... but doesnt now.

Old 03-17-2018, 05:37 PM
P.Bronner
Elder User
P.Bronner has a good reputation on FTE.P.Bronner has a good reputation on FTE.
Yes that's what he said, and then he went on to say there is no brake controller installed in the dash. I don't know how you lose something you never had, but.......
He also then went on to say there is no power to the brakes coming from the center pin. There never will be, unless the truck is mis-wired. I try to be as helpful and polite as possible, but in this case I'm going to be "that guy" and just say it. The OP has no idea what he's doing when it comes to electric brakes. I just want to know what made him think he ever HAD them, with no in-dash controller.

Old 03-17-2018, 05:44 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
^ this x 2. I am just not sure how had them without the proper equipment. They only way would have been surge brakes.

A quick google should turn up some you tube videos on TBC's, how they work and what things should look like on the dash so one can verify. Course there is always that darn owners manual that no one reads

Old 03-17-2018, 05:45 PM
dtherrien
Senior User
dtherrien is starting off with a positive reputation.
LOL...Thats what im thinking...nothing to start with.
Plus a big difference between an empty trailer and one fully loaded pulling with a f450.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:42 PM
First Dually
Senior User
First Dually is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.First Dually is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by senix View Post
... Course there is always that darn owners manual that no one reads
I've never has any luck with the owners manual I have. I've tried using it many time on many different items. No good.

Old 03-19-2018, 11:07 AM
BPofMD
FTE MD Chapter Ldr
BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
He obviously doesn't care...hasn't been back in a week.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:15 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
We don't know what we are taking about.