Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top 5 UPGRADES for a new F-150?

Old 03-11-2018, 05:25 PM
SouthHoustonLee
New User
SouthHoustonLee is starting off with a positive reputation.
Arrow Top 5 UPGRADES for a new F-150?

Was wondering what is the top 5 upgrades everyone usually get with their new trucks. I am looking to keep my options open and seeing what are the best upgrades for a new truck. Thoughts?

Old 03-11-2018, 09:13 PM
jimmy-six
Elder User
jimmy-six is starting off with a positive reputation.
We like bucket seats in XLT and Lariat. If you plan on a trailer get the brake controller.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:44 PM
Wiggums
Elder User
Wiggums is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Wiggums is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My requirements were XLT with 6.5' bed, 4x4, 302A package, and center console storage. The cheapest one I could find was $49k after the $2k chrome package discount and negotiated another $10k off. It came with a trailer hitch, back-up assist, and quite a few other things.

Old 03-11-2018, 10:17 PM
Kingofwylietx
Elder User
Kingofwylietx is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Kingofwylietx is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I don’t have 5, but high on my list you’d find the locking rear diff and 36 gallon extended range fuel tank.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:41 AM
JKBrad
Postmaster
JKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to all
Are you talking OEM option or aftermarket?

36 gallon tank
STX package for XLs
302A package for XLTs
LED mirror spot lights and work lights
Sport pkg on XLT or Lariat

Old 03-12-2018, 07:56 AM
GABAR
Posting Guru
GABAR is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by SouthHoustonLee View Post
Was wondering what is the top 5 upgrades everyone usually get with their new trucks. I am looking to keep my options open and seeing what are the best upgrades for a new truck. Thoughts?
Lariat with the 502A Package. You get so many nice options with this package.

Any trim below a Lariat can`t get "factory" leather or the Quad Beam LED headlights which are part of the 502A package so keep that in mind

Old 03-12-2018, 09:30 AM
Billy Vaught
New User
Billy Vaught is starting off with a positive reputation.
36 gallon fuel tank is awesome! A must for me was leather but the added heated & cooled seats are really nice. After market I added rolling bed cover that is working out well. Only thing I didn't get that I kinda wish I did was the tailgate step.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:39 AM
jr105
Senior User
jr105 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If by upgrade you mean OEM I would say the 36 gal. tank and on my XLT the 302A package. If you mean aftermarket I would say my Line-X spray in bed liner.

Old 03-12-2018, 01:09 PM
SouthHoustonLee
New User
SouthHoustonLee is starting off with a positive reputation.
LOL my apologies I was inquiring about aftermarket upgrades like leveling kits, & etc.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:43 PM
johnday
Posting Guru
johnday has much to be proud ofjohnday has much to be proud ofjohnday has much to be proud ofjohnday has much to be proud ofjohnday has much to be proud ofjohnday has much to be proud ofjohnday has much to be proud ofjohnday has much to be proud ofjohnday has much to be proud of
Bilstein 5100's for me, front at 3/4". Rear lowered 1 1/2" with Ford performance lowering shackles.
SpecD, lookalike SE heads, and aftermarket tails to get rid of the chrome outline front/rear.
Borla SType rear exit with black chrome tips.
There's more.
Remove all stickers and badges that don't leave a hole.
Get rid of the chrome finish on the fender badges.
Add Raptor style grille lights.
Remove lower airdam.
PTM the Thport grille bars. Depends on body color, some, like the blue, or white, probably look better the dark grey.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Jafo56
Elder User
Jafo56 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jafo56 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jafo56 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jafo56 has a very good reputation on FTE.

I did plastic drop in bed liner...vinyl cover over the bed.....2.25" leveling kit with 295/70/18.... and stripper pole dancer on my antenna....for good measure.....

Old 03-12-2018, 03:06 PM
Kingofwylietx
Elder User
Kingofwylietx is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Kingofwylietx is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Since you clarified aftermarket...and opinions certainly vary. But, I like these:

Pay mods:
1. $10 organizer that fits inside the center console perfectly...that was my #1 purchase.
2. $150 Sylvania Zevo LED fog light bulb upgrade...it is significantly brighter and the color matches the factory LED lights.
3. $100 to have the front side windows tinted to match the rear side windows.
4. $30 - 500 adding aux LED reverse lights.

Free mods:
1. If your antenna hits when pulling into the garage....I cut 3" off the top of mine. The toughest part is removing the little ball at the top and drilling it to fit back on the shorter antenna.
2. Running longer phone charger cords through the console so you can leave the little cubby door closed.
3. Installed a bright LED light in my center console, things are much easier to see now.
4. Ambient light brightening by making reflectors out of reflective aluminum tape and sticking it above the light pipes.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:41 PM
storage_man
Senior User
storage_man is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Ah - the OP made it easier. 1 - A rubber duck antenna (Not that it hurt anything, but it would always TWANG when hitting the garage door), 2 - Duha under rear seat storage (Yes I know I carry way to much junk - but sometimes you need a piece of Junk). Sorry no pics of the antenna, but here is storage:

Well it looks like the new forum updates, any attached photos need more remedial training on my part - May try later after I figure out how to do it NOW ! Finally got it to work !

Old 03-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Curt's05
Wiser by FTE
Curt's05 has much to be proud ofCurt's05 has much to be proud ofCurt's05 has much to be proud ofCurt's05 has much to be proud ofCurt's05 has much to be proud ofCurt's05 has much to be proud ofCurt's05 has much to be proud ofCurt's05 has much to be proud ofCurt's05 has much to be proud ofCurt's05 has much to be proud of
1) tuffy under rear seats lockable storage! 2) front/rear/topper/under hood aux led lights 3)forscan chimes delete/raptor screen;

Old 03-12-2018, 11:06 PM
TJReams
Elder User
TJReams is a name known to allTJReams is a name known to allTJReams is a name known to allTJReams is a name known to allTJReams is a name known to allTJReams is a name known to all
I only dd 4 Rhino Liner, Hard Hat tri-fold bed cover, Husky Exact Fit floor liners and front windows tinted to Texas legal limit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Top 5 UPGRADES for a new F-150?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: