Notices

Why I love Bullet Proof Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 08:10 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Thumbs up Why I love Bullet Proof Diesel

i just have to write this thread for one very important reason. My experience with one of their reps over the last 2 days just has me sitting here beside myself. Not in a bad way. But a really good .. scratch that GREAT way that I still cant believe it..

Let me say every experience ive ever had with the people at Bullet Proof Diesel has been a positive one.. I probably asked a million questions to them before i bought my first product from them. And can honestly say ive never been disappointed. First item i bought was their External oil cooler kit w/ the cold weather pieces when i was doing my engine rebuild... Later when my FICM went i had bought one from Diesel Tech Ron (we miss you Ron) but opted for the BPD power side.. Granted I opted for the 48V set but in the 6 phase. Ive also gotten some of their mounting brackets and rock shields for some of my other projects where i frakensteined myself a power steering filter setup.

But thats getting beside the point and off what i was trying to get at. The experience I just had with one of their sales reps made me glad to be a BPD customer and always will be now.

When I installed my oil cooler kit I had the "bright" idea to drill into the hot side of the Thermostat housing and tap a port for a future temperature sensor since I had planned to use the port in the oil cooler for a pressure sensor. Unfortunately my bright idea quickly came back to bite me in the butt as time went on by a persistent leak making a mess of everything underneath the housing. I resigned myself to just living with the mess until i noticed over the last couple months that my oil temps started taking longer and longer to get to 180* as if the t-stat failed or is stuck open. When i first installed the system the oil temp would beat the coolant temp to 180*..

I contacted BPD's customer support about trying to get just the thermostat block in which I was told would be to the tune of $200 to replace it. Surprisingly they wanted to know why I was wishing to replace the unit. When I explained what happened and admitted it wasnt because of a design flaw or anything like that. Explaining it was because of a problem I myself had caused and was completely willing to pay for the new one..

To say the least I was in totally surprised when Andrew from BPD offered to send me a new t-stat free of charge to see if it fixed my temperature issues. To be honest i wrote back thinking he was just offering to send the replacement thermostat itself and not the whole thing. When I wrote back saying the same that I was needing the whole thing I received a response back saying that he was offering to send the WHOLE housing itself for free. What they normally charge $200 for Andrew was offering to send me for FREE!!! To say the least I was totally shocked at this. I wrote him back thanking him profusely The only thing Andrew asked in return was that I send the old one back in exchange.

While I have always found their customer service to be superb. After this experience this just showed to me they cared more about their customers than just trying to make a $$ off of them. Other places would have said "well it didnt fail your just dissatisfied from your modification so your SOL and will have to buy a new one." But not Bullet Proof Diesel. They care more about their customers. For this reason I will always be a Bullet Proof Diesel customer. And will proudly continue to recommend their products as i always have.

Old 03-19-2018, 01:38 AM
BlackOps450
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good story. Glad some companies still care. Will definitely keep them in mind because of this experience. Thanks for the post.

Old 03-19-2018, 05:58 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
np Matt.. and agree.. thats why i just had to make the post... i got the new thermostat block on thursday along with the other stuff i had originally planned to order.. (added a few extra things to the cart because of the great CS i got). would have put it all on last weekend but had a haul job to get done so will have to wait till next weekend... need to find me some oil and an new oil filter so i can do the change at the same time..