Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Android Auto- What am I doing wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 08:25 AM
Terryd91
Laughing Gas
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by SJMaye
Thanks, now I understand. Can I play the music I have loaded on my phone through spotify?
Do you mean mp3's you have loaded on your phone from other sources? If so i don't think you can on the mobile version, i know the desktop spotify app does allow you to play "private" music from other sources. Good news is that google play music will allow you to play whatever you have as long as you upload it to their service. Not perfect but it does make it avaiable everywhere and you can download it to the device over WIFI so you don't eat up all of your data.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:42 AM
SJMaye
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perfect! Thx. GABAR

Old 03-14-2018, 08:58 AM
Terryd91
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by GABAR
With the SYNC 3 system, "certain" apps are designed to be integrated into the SYNC 3 system so they can be "controlled" by the SYNC system either from the buttons on the steering wheel or the buttons on the dash whereas other apps that you like can still be used but only through bluetooth or USB and you`ll have to use your actual phone to control those apps.

On your phone, go to the Google Play store and look for the Ford App Catalog app and download it to your phone.

It`s free so don`t worry about that.

After you download it, you`ll be able to see all of the apps that are available to be controlled via the SYNC 3 system in your truck.

You can also go to the Ford Owner website and see all of the apps that are available.

I hope this explains the integration for you.

Have a great day.
Not going to mention the integration through AA?

Old 03-14-2018, 10:39 AM
Skylaneman
Cross-Country
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SJMaye
Thanks, now I understand. Can I play the music I have loaded on my phone through spotify?
Why would you want to? That's an extra unneeded step. Just play it through the Bluetooth connection.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:27 AM
Terryd91
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Skylaneman
Why would you want to? That's an extra unneeded step. Just play it through the Bluetooth connection.
it allows access to the library and recently played through the interface without having to grab your phone and fumbling around with it.

Old 03-19-2018, 05:52 AM
SJMaye
Senior User
Ok. Things are working. Thanks for all the help. A question regarding music playback via AA. I recently switched to a larger SD Card for the music. Before music played perfectly. After I installed the new SD Card and loaded it up with my music I noticed periodic skips in playback. I doubt it has anything to do with Android Auto, but while researching the issue with my phone I see I need to know how the music is being conveyed from my phone to the Sync 3 system. Bluetooth is running AND I am connected via USB cable. How is the music getting from phone to the Sync 3?

Old 03-22-2018, 05:11 AM
SJMaye
Senior User
Not sure if related, but the skipping stopped after I upgraded Sync to v3.0.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:08 AM
storage_man
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GABAR
With the SYNC 3 system, "certain" apps are designed to be integrated into the SYNC 3 system so they can be "controlled" by the SYNC system either from the buttons on the steering wheel or the buttons on the dash whereas other apps that you like can still be used but only through bluetooth or USB and you`ll have to use your actual phone to control those apps.

On your phone, go to the Google Play store and look for the Ford App Catalog app and download it to your phone.

It`s free so don`t worry about that.

After you download it, you`ll be able to see all of the apps that are available to be controlled via the SYNC 3 system in your truck.

You can also go to the Ford Owner website and see all of the apps that are available.

I hope this explains the integration for you.

Have a great day.
Can you tell me which app that your talking about above ?

Old 03-23-2018, 08:54 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 236 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by storage_man
Can you tell me which app that your talking about above ?

Type in Ford App Catalog in the Play Store or Chrome.

The picture on the app will be a blue steering wheel with a blue background, Ford in the center of the steering wheel and at the bottom of the steering wheel it`ll say APP CATALOG.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:52 AM
storage_man
Elder User
Searching for " Ford App Catalog" (whether on the PC or PHONE) results in the first 5 apps in the screen print I posted above. There doesn't seem to be anything called the "Ford App Catalog". ?

Old 03-24-2018, 01:44 PM
TJReams
Fleet Mechanic
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Searching for " Ford App Catalog" (whether on the PC or PHONE) results in the first 5 apps in the screen print I posted above. There doesn't seem to be anything called the "Ford App Catalog". ?
I went to the play srore and come up with exactly the same results.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:35 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Hmm, that`s very strange because at this very moment, i`m in the Google Play store on my iMac looking at the app that I mentioned.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:36 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver

I think I figured it out but I apologize for the image being so large Screen shot attached.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:53 AM
storage_man
Elder User
I notice something in your screen print "There is nothing in the SEARCH box" ? How did you arrive at that app ?

Old 03-26-2018, 09:07 AM
Terryd91
Laughing Gas
Its likely not available for all version of android, its not showing for me either.

Quick Reply: Android Auto- What am I doing wrong?