Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Android Auto- What am I doing wrong?

Old 03-26-2018, 10:43 AM
TJReams
Elder User
TJReams has a great reputation on FTE.TJReams has a great reputation on FTE.TJReams has a great reputation on FTE.TJReams has a great reputation on FTE.TJReams has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Terryd91 View Post
Its likely not available for all version of android, its not showing for me either.
I tried it on my desktop at home and got the same results as with my phone. It ain't there for me either. I get the same results as storage man.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:07 AM
GABAR
Posting Guru
GABAR is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by storage_man View Post
I notice something in your screen print "There is nothing in the SEARCH box" ? How did you arrive at that app ?
I`m using Chrome on my iMac and in the search area at the top of my screen, I just typed in Ford App Catalog for Android and that`s the first thing that comes up in my search.

I clicked on it, took a screen shot and posted it on here. That empty search box is the search box for the Google Play Store after I clicked on it in my search.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:08 AM
Terryd91
Elder User
Terryd91 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Terryd91 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by GABAR View Post
I`m using Chrome on my iMac and in the search area at the top of my screen, I just typed in Ford App Catalog for Android and that`s the first thing that comes up in my search.

I clicked on it, took a screen shot and posted it on here. That empty search box is the search box for the Google Play Store after I clicked on it in my search.
But do you have any devices registered on that profile? If its not combaptiable it wont display it.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:10 AM
GABAR
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by TJReams View Post
I tried it on my desktop at home and got the same results as with my phone. It ain't there for me either. I get the same results as storage man.
Hello.
That is very, very strange that it`s not coming up for you guys.

As I mentioned in my other reply, i`m using Chrome on my iMac but then again, I also can get it to come up in Safari.

Very weird indeed.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:13 AM
GABAR
Posting Guru
But do you have any devices registered on that profile? If its not combaptiable it wont display it.
Devices registered on that profile?

I`m sorry but I don`t understand what you mean.

Are you talking about an Android cell phone? Please explain.

Part of the page that I didn`t include in the screen shot which is closer to the bottom says that this app requires Android 2.3 and up.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:52 AM
Terryd91
Elder User
Terryd91 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Terryd91 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by GABAR View Post
Devices registered on that profile?

I`m sorry but I don`t understand what you mean.

Are you talking about an Android cell phone? Please explain.

Part of the page that I didn`t include in the screen shot which is closer to the bottom says that this app requires Android 2.3 and up.

Are you logged in when you checked?

If you are logged in it will only display apps that are compatible with the devices registered to the account that's logged in.

2.3 hasn't been current in 8 years so there should be next to no one with a device that old.

What other apps are available from the developer?

Old 03-26-2018, 11:58 AM
Terryd91
Elder User
yep, like i thought it not compatible for some reason with any of my devices. if you google it, it will take you to it in the app store, but it is unpublished so that's why it doesn't show up in searches.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:01 PM
Terryd91
Elder User
https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...p-catalog.html is the link to all the apps compabile with sync applink. Just FYI, these have nothing to do with android auto, that is something completely different.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:04 PM
Terryd91
Elder User
well that's why i guess...

Old 03-26-2018, 01:22 PM
storage_man
Senior User
storage_man is starting off with a positive reputation.
There it is. ^^^^ I just tried on Both Chrome & Firefox and did a standard search (Using the same search engine) and it brings it up. Terryd91 is correct,. I usually Log into Play store first and do my searches. I guess that its incompatible with my Samsung phone and that is why I don't see it either.

SOLVED !

Old 03-26-2018, 01:50 PM
Terryd91
Elder User
Pretty sure it's for international markets, there are a few mentions of London and Ireland. No clue why it let GABAR download it.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:21 PM
TJReams
Elder User
TJReams has a great reputation on FTE.TJReams has a great reputation on FTE.TJReams has a great reputation on FTE.TJReams has a great reputation on FTE.TJReams has a great reputation on FTE.
Well I used chrome like you said, typed in Ford App Catalog for Android and it fianally came up. I clicked on it and it says it is "not available for my country" !!!

Old 03-26-2018, 05:41 PM
GABAR
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by TJReams View Post
Well I used chrome like you said, typed in Ford App Catalog for Android and it fianally came up. I clicked on it and it says it is "not available for my country" !!!
Thanks for figuring it out guys but as you said, how am I able to download the app on my iPad for iOS but you can`t download it for Android.

Very weird and strange to me. It`s really not a big deal because all of the apps that are available in the App Catalog are the same ones that are on the Ford Owner website under the SYNC section.

In my opinion, the app catalog app saves a little time instead of logging onto the Ford Owner website to view the apps that will work for iOS or Android using the SYNC system.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:04 PM
GABAR
Posting Guru
https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...p-catalog.html is the link to all the apps compabile with sync applink. Just FYI, these have nothing to do with android auto, that is something completely different.
Yes I know this but that wasn`t the basis of me mentioning a few post back and I also stated what it was for which was to see all of the App Catalog apps that`ll work with the SYNC system. It`s obvious that Android/Google or Ford/SYNC has not updated this app because the iOS version is up to date and is working as intended.

You say these apps have nothing to do with Android Auto?
If someone wants to control these app catalog apps via the SYNC system, how can they be controlled if someone does not have Android Auto on their phone.

I`d say these particular apps have a lot to do with Android Auto working with and through the SYNC system.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:01 PM
Terryd91
Elder User
It was more of a heads up to anyone that comes here for Android auto, the syn app catalog has nothing to do with Android auto/car play. They are two completely different technologies that integrate similar apps in completely different ways.

Its not uncommon for one platform to have something first or exclusively. It seems that app is blocked in the US market on Google play, it's not very upfront but it says its blocked for my device in my country. Not sure why it shows up on your Mac, maybe your geo IP is not set by your isp or its proxied which fools it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: