Introducing: New FTE Marketplace

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 02:10 PM
IB Jose
Internet Brands
Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts
Introducing: New FTE Marketplace

The all-new Ford-Trucks Marketplace is now live! With this update, you will gain access to better formatted listings, advanced search options, and popular sorting features found in popular automotive marketplaces online.
Read about the new features below and then check out the new Ford-Trucks Marketplace here: https://ford-trucks.com/forums/market

Vehicle Sales
It is now easier than ever to list your personal vehicle for sale with an updated Marketplace listing. You can now specify all the important details including the year, make, model, VIN, mileage, transmission, color, and even drive type. Potential buyers can then filter these features and help find a new home for your car quicker. The new photo viewer also makes it easy to upload and view all of the images of your car. *Note* the VIN number is required to avoid scams and ensure a transparent buying process.

Parts Sales
The new parts listings let you categorize your parts and even include which models and platforms the part applies to. This will help potential buyers find your item and ensure you don’t get lost in a sea of threads.

Part Out
We have included a specific listing for vehicle part outs that will allow you to add multiple parts from a single vehicle and label them with their own description, category, and price. You will then be able to mark each individual item as “Sold” and keep the main Part Out listing running until all items are gone.

Want To Buy
Let other users know what you are looking for! You can specify the vehicle or part you want and sellers can browse through the “Want” category to ensure they find you.

Group Buys
The new Marketplace offers an organized space for paying site vendors to run a Group Buy on specific parts. As an interested buyer, you can commit to the group buy and track the number of users still needed to unlock the discount. The site will send you updates and also send your contact information to the vendor once the discount is unlocked. *Note* Group buy listings are only for vendors.

Services
Browse through the new Services section to find vendors local to your area! Site advertisers will maintain updated information about the business and post any events, specials, or current projects you may want to follow.

What will happen to the current classifieds forum?
Your listings won't get lost in the shuffle. To help transition into our new classifieds section, we will leave all current listings in the old classifieds forum. Feel free to reply to listings you may be interested in and look through what is currently available. However, please note that the new classifieds section is the only place you can post a new listing. Once the existing listings are closed out, the old classifieds will become a read-only archive.

Where should we post issues or feedback?
Ford-Trucks.com is one of the first communities to test the all-new Marketplace and we will be taking into account your feedback to continuously improve upon it. Report any issues or leave comments in this thread below.

Old 03-09-2018, 06:58 AM
msuser92
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very Nice. 2 small issues. The listings stay bold after you have looked them, making it hard to see what you have already looked at. When looking at a listing the "forum jump" at the bottom is not there and you have to back to the top of the listing to use that feature.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:38 PM
IB Jose
Internet Brands
We're trying to sort out why the listings stay bold, hopefully we can have that fixed.

Old 04-14-2018, 01:10 PM
69 cjshaker
New User
I've tried multiple times to list a '53 F100 I have for sale, yet I keep getting the same red flag for "Invalid VIN Value". I've tried every way from Sunday, including switching Zeros for the letter O, and vice versa, even though I am 100% positive that I'm entering the VIN correctly, yet I'm still getting an Invalid flag. Been around old cars and trucks my whole life, so I'm not making an amateur mistake. Can anybody explain why I keep having this issue? I gotta say though, the marketplace on this site isn't the easiest to navigate.

Old 04-14-2018, 03:33 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
IB Jose can you help this user?

Old 04-14-2018, 03:41 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Tell us what system you are suing i.e laptop.... phone....etc
Originally Posted by 69 cjshaker
I've tried multiple times to list a '53 F100 I have for sale, yet I keep getting the same red flag for "Invalid VIN Value". I've tried every way from Sunday, including switching Zeros for the letter O, and vice versa, even though I am 100% positive that I'm entering the VIN correctly, yet I'm still getting an Invalid flag. Been around old cars and trucks my whole life, so I'm not making an amateur mistake. Can anybody explain why I keep having this issue? I gotta say though, the marketplace on this site isn't the easiest to navigate.

Old 04-14-2018, 03:55 PM
69 cjshaker
New User
Originally Posted by IB Tim
Tell us what system you are suing i.e laptop.... phone....etc
I'm using a standard home computer with Windows 10. I don't have any issue on any site, anywhere else, so I have to assume it's this sites software that is just not accepting the VIN for some reason. I'm even reading the VIN directly off the original VIN plate, so there is no chance of an error on my end. There are 11 digits in the original VIN.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:49 PM
69 cjshaker
New User
I guess nobody here can help me?

Old 04-18-2018, 04:25 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Happy to know you received the info you needed

How did it work for you?

Old 04-25-2018, 08:12 AM
4x4slik
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will help here. The VIN part is looking for a 17 digit number. The problem is, they did not start using 17 digit VINs till 1980. So, until they can figure out how to let an older VIN with less than 17 digits, nothing older than a 1980 can be listed in the market place.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:21 PM
IB Jose
Internet Brands
The fix we figured out with 69_cjshaker was adding additional 0s to fill out the 17-digit requirement.

Old 04-30-2018, 07:37 AM
4x4slik
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IB Jose
The fix we figured out with 69_cjshaker was adding additional 0s to fill out the 17-digit requirement.
That is kinda a big thing for this site. At this point, it should be posted everykere. were they before or after ?

Old 04-30-2018, 08:13 AM
69 cjshaker
New User
Originally Posted by 4x4slik
That is kinda a big thing for this site. At this point, it should be posted everykere. were they before or after ?
I added zeros at the end of the VIN to fill out the space requirement and it worked fine.