2008 Ford Escape...clicking noise inside vehicle - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid
Reload this Page >

2008 Ford Escape...clicking noise inside vehicle

Notices
Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Old 03-03-2018, 11:28 AM
Beau Waldrop
New User
Beau Waldrop is starting off with a positive reputation.

Hello all,

Recently a clicknoise has started happening a few seconds after I start the vehicle. It clicks a few times, stops, then repeats. I don't believe it happens the whole time I'm driving, but it does continue for a bit. It's not coming from my engine, IT's coming from inside my vehicle. I listened and don't think it's coming from my steering wheel. It could be coming from my ignition, but it sounds as if it's a little further back. I recorded sound of it in hopes someone can tell me what it is and if it's something I need to get fixed right away.

Any ideas?

Old 03-03-2018, 07:17 PM
got2bjoester
Senior User
got2bjoester is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If I'm not mistaken, this has the electric power steering column. It sounds to me like there is some sort of calibration or something as power is first applied.
I know there was a recall for the steering. I would make sure the recall work was done for starters.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:30 PM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
5_labsownus is a splendid one to behold5_labsownus is a splendid one to behold5_labsownus is a splendid one to behold5_labsownus is a splendid one to behold5_labsownus is a splendid one to behold5_labsownus is a splendid one to behold5_labsownus is a splendid one to behold5_labsownus is a splendid one to behold
Blend door actuators make about that same sound sometimes when failing. If you could better isolate the area it coming from would help. Key off, Key on Engine off or running?

Old 03-13-2018, 09:16 PM
SWSL
New User
SWSL is starting off with a positive reputation.
Actuators or a relay of some sort. Blend doors sounds like a good suspect. Would that be under the seats or if a relay then console dash?

Could try fooling with the AC/heat output (defrost or just AC) to see if that eliminates noise.
Could use a tube into ear, stethoscope style to see if localizes behind dash or under seat.