Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

Top of the morning to you March BS

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 08:34 AM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Glad to see you're improving RC. Just dropped off the Dangitdontgo for tires and alignment. TransAm wheels for tires. I'm scurred of this bill.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:36 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Good Morning Everybody!

RC. Great news that you're feeling better. Coming back from double pneumonia is a marathon, not a sprint. I hope to be down your way next week to start working on your truck. (that's the plan, anyway)

Dave. Yeah, I need to be careful, because now I'm flirting with being too tall when it's loaded on the trailer, ...but my new transport tires are smaller, so I should be fine.

Today is the day the new axle gets slid under the truck. I may be working under a tarp if it doesn't dry out some. I'm waiting a few extra minutes to see what it does.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:30 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclopsblown34
Glad to see you're improving RC. Just dropped off the Dangitdontgo for tires and alignment. TransAm wheels for tires. I'm scurred of this bill.
Just sign over the deed to the ranch and it'll be fine.

Not much going on here other than one nasty headache I've had from the moment I woke up this morning...

Old 03-21-2018, 06:17 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
Morning all. Not much going on here.
School board meeting tonight, we will be discussing getting a school resource officer and share cost with the city. It should be a good discussion..

Old 03-21-2018, 07:07 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,279 Likes on 2,437 Posts
Morning folks, long day at work...another one today I am sure.

Alan sounds like you have been busy, just be safe.

Joe I'm not to sure (as of today) of my schedule/availability as far as JY laps this Friday, I have to be in Nevada (fri by 4:30) for the grandsons 1st baseball game of the season. And he starting pitcher....

Dave...so all the above so that means that I will probably not be around the house on sat. But should be on Sunday?

Old 03-21-2018, 07:38 AM
John T super cab
Fleet Mechanic
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
morning . I got a couple of 24" cherry trees that are in the wrong place ,should be able to fix that this morning .

Old 03-21-2018, 07:45 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 189 Likes on 173 Posts
good morning missouri.. alan the weather guesser's said it wont rain...... chip i feel your pain.. .... well i better get started on my day of doing nothing but some exercises....

a old friends wife sent me this the other day... good bye LT WALLACE.....

Attached Files
File Type: txt
koratNew Text Document.txt (6.8 KB, 32 views)
Old 03-21-2018, 08:31 AM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Good morning all. I'm headed out to irritate customers and finally after three weeks of background checks, get to go to the UMC Research Reactor. Not sure if I get to go in the plant or just foyer.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:46 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Good Morning Everybody!

Yesterday was one of those days. I had to fight for every inch of forward progress. ....literally. It took 3 1/2 hours to move the new axle 10 feet to it's spot under the truck. But it's under there. I got about half the rear suspension done. I hope to finish it up today and go pick up my new drop box if it gets here. I shipped it terminal to terminal, so I have to run up to Strafford to pick it up, but it saved me $100 on the shipping costs. It's coming together. I hope the axles were the hard part and goes pretty quick from here, because it needs to.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:53 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
No worries Rich, I was thinking about not coming down on Friday anyway. Enjoy the game, that is way more important.
Since I had to go to Branson last weekend, I picked up the gun and my youngest has her play Saturday and Sunday, so I think I will stay home.
It looks like ran Friday afternoon as well.

Come on Alan, be a man and just shove that axle into place.
I can't imagine the effort required to move that stuff around. I need to see Earthquake in person sometime.

Old 03-21-2018, 01:40 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 189 Likes on 173 Posts
chip that sounds like a fun trip... tell homer simpson HI for me..

Old 03-21-2018, 04:12 PM
moose4x4
Cargo Master
Received 131 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclopsblown34
Good morning all. I'm headed out to irritate customers and finally after three weeks of background checks, get to go to the UMC Research Reactor. Not sure if I get to go in the plant or just foyer.
That's cool, Way back when in the 70's I got to spend a week at the Oak Ridge National Labs in TN. Our team designed a reactor core with the rods there and then monitored it for 12 hours. when we all looked over the edge of the reactor pool we all said we felt the radiation hitting our bodies, Of course the gieger counter was going nuts. It was definitely an experience. Not sure they did much background checking back then but you did not go anywhere on the grounds without the proper badges.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:49 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
Dave...so all the above so that means that I will probably not be around the house on sat. But should be on Sunday?
Sunday is fine with me.

Almost forgot... They've gone to a new level of paranoia at work this week. They decided to move half of the mailboxes we use to store our radios and personal items (cell phones mostly) while we are at work inside the secure perimeter. The other half are technically already inside the perimeter. Mine was in the group moved upstairs. The move isn't the annoying part, banning cell phones from coming in the front door is. All phone now have to be left in your personal vehicle while you are at work - no exceptions. 2/3 of the year this won't be a problem, but the heat of summer in a locked car will kill a phone if you're not careful. I guess I'm going to have to start taking a small cooler of ice, put my phone in a dry bag from the canoeing supplies, and stash it in there this summer. Another fine example of everyone being punished for a small number of stupid people's ignorance. I guess having someone's powered-down cell phone in a locked cabinet is just too big of a risk to the safety & security of the institution.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:18 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,279 Likes on 2,437 Posts
New starter on the ol Dodge fires up like a super champ. Dave what time on Sunday works for you, early afternoon? I will show you want to watch out for on the Dodge starter, so you not wind up needing one sooner than later.

Folks this week at work has been a tail kicker for me...I need a break... so I am thinking about taking the tube buggy Bronco to Rush Springs Ranch this sat with the son- in- law and his Razor. https://www.rushspringsranch.com/off-roading-co0a

Joe with enough advance heads up notice warning that we need to make a JY lap, I can get on the calendar before the Mrs has me booked up driving all over and doing all kinds of this and that that, that is not Ford truck related. lol

Unk Bob get a house yet? RC how are you feeling, hopefully way better. Alan I bet it looks good, hang in there. Jonh T chopped a cherry tree?

Old 03-22-2018, 01:37 AM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Early afternoon is perfect Rich. Just pm me the time that works best for you and an address and we'll be there.

Quick Reply: Top of the morning to you March BS