Forum update? - Page 12 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Forum update?

Old 06-10-2018, 06:39 AM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by IB Tim View Post
Can you post a screen shot please
First page, post number 16.

And then quoted later on in the thread somewhere, and again later on.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:11 AM
Deuce40s
Elder User
Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Snowseeker View Post
First page, post number 16.

And then quoted later on in the thread somewhere, and again later on.
That's the way automatic drop down menus work. If your mouse slides over them, they drop down. I told you how to keep it from happening. If you want to click on User CP, approach it from the bottom or side, don't cross the black drop down area.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:21 AM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Deuce40s View Post
That's the way automatic drop down menus work. If your mouse slides over them, they drop down. I told you how to keep it from happening. If you want to click on User CP, approach it from the bottom or side, don't cross the black drop down area.
Internet navigation is at the TOP of the page. So when you navigate to a page the mouse cursor is at the TOP of the page. Then when you try to go down to the user cp or what have you the black junk line is in the way EVERY TIME.

I am not new to computers or the internet, what is new is that stupid useless black drop down cover up the whole page bar!

Old 06-11-2018, 08:31 AM
Deuce40s
Elder User
Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.
What is the internet navigation you're talking about?

Old 06-11-2018, 08:52 PM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
What is the internet navigation you're talking about?
Wed address bar, forward button, back button, home button, links, bookmarks, ect.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:08 AM
1TonBasecamp
Posting Guru
1TonBasecamp is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hey Snowseeker. Been following along in the discussion but just now went back to look at the recommended post #16 to see what exactly was up.
I see what you're saying, but I don't have that issue at all. I do have the black dropdowns of course, and it does cover the blue menu bar. But the black windows disappear the instant my mouse moves away, just as you would expect it to do. Than I can see and use all the blue bar areas.

While checking yours out, I did run afoul of another "infinite scrolling" aspect of this though. When I reached the bottom of the page and the reply window, the upper header and black menu bar literally disappears (scrolls up and out of view), never to be seen again until you can get to the top of the page.
This would not be a big deal if it was one page, but for a thread like this with over 100 pages, the only reasonable way to do it is to go all the way to the bottom with the mouse pointer and hit the "first" button.
That's a little annoying, but didn't get too out of control. And I suppose I could turn off infinite scrolling anyway, if it got to be a pain.

Anyway, are you saying your drop down stays in place no matter where the mouse goes after that? I've run into that on other sites, but never this one yet.
Or is it just that the mouse just happens to always be in the wrong place first, and so it takes more fiddling to get to the Blue user CP menu bar when you really just want to go straight to them from the top?
Or did I miss your whole point after all that?

I'm using Firefox if that makes any difference. Your header looks different, so assuming a different browser entirely? I wonder if that acts different? I'm certainly no expert on internet and browsers. Just adding my experience.
Sorry to jump in and muddy up the waters if I did. Hope you get it sorted.

Paul

Old 06-12-2018, 12:39 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
I am using Mac OS and Safari 11.1 and have learned to stay from that
upper left corner when on a small screen. It's not so bad when you on a
larger screen. BUT it would be nice if that feature could be turned off.
But it also would be nice to have the location tree at the bottom like it was
in the past. That would save having to get to the top to move back to the
parent directory.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:17 AM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 1TonBasecamp View Post

Anyway, are you saying your drop down stays in place no matter where the mouse goes after that? I've run into that on other sites, but never this one yet.
Or is it just that the mouse just happens to always be in the wrong place first, and so it takes more fiddling to get to the Blue user CP menu bar when you really just want to go straight to them from the top?
Or did I miss your whole point after all that?

Paul
Firefox here as well.

I never ever use the black bar. All I ever use is the "user cp" in the blue bar. Thats it. Yes the black bar does go away if you move the pointer off of it, but it gets super annoying trying to move the pointer all over the screen to try and get rid of that black bar all the time, especially when you are moving the pointer around and extra drop down menus off the black bar keep popping up, sometimes filling up most of the screen.

Like Yahiko mentions, it would be very nice if there was an option to get rid of it. I mean, who sticks a drop down menu bar over the top of another drop down menu bar? LOL

Old 06-13-2018, 09:19 AM
Deuce40s
Elder User
I mean, who sticks a drop down menu bar over the top of another drop down menu bar? LOL
I agree with you. It's dumb and doesn't make sense. What's also dumb is the black drop down bar behaves differently than the blue drop down bar. The black one drops down automatically, the blue one you have to click to drop down. They should both be click to drop in my opinion.

Old 06-13-2018, 03:20 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
I mean, who sticks a drop down menu bar over the top of another drop down menu bar? LOL
I guess I don't need to tell you WHO that was.

I agree with you. It's dumb and doesn't make sense. What's also dumb is the black drop down bar behaves differently than the blue drop down bar. The black one drops down automatically, the blue one you have to click to drop down. They should both be click to drop in my opinion.
Would make it nice.

Old Yesterday, 08:47 AM
TooManyToys.
Post Fiend
TooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud of
Iím running into a new problem with editing on my iPad. In regular edit or advance if I try to edit what I wrote the text runs off the right side of the screen, so an entire paragraph becomes one single line. And I canít get over to the right to edit, only what is in the left side of the screen. If I go on my desktop Mac no problem. It seems to be an issue only with a post that has an image in it.

Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Jack you might try hitting the "Source" button before you try to edit things. That gives you plain test and turns off the inline display of images.
That way your only dealing with HTML coding and text. I for one dislike inline display of images in the editing window. After all is that now
what the Preview Window is for? The people in programming have too much time on there hands and keep screwing with things and one of
these days they are going to kill it.

Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
Jack you might try hitting the "Source" button before you try to edit things. That gives you plain test and turns off the inline display of images.
That way your only dealing with HTML coding and text. I for one dislike inline display of images in the editing window. After all is that now
what the Preview Window is for? The people in programming have too much time on there hands and keep screwing with things and one of
these days they are going to kill it.

Stewart

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.