2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Best Modifications Under $50

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 11:00 AM
kho6658
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Larrymac52

two questions here.
i don’t understand the seat release ? What is it’s application?

also the organizing tray, what happens with all the space below— you have to lift that entire tray out or does it slide into some space?
To access the space below you will have to lift the tray out. It is too big to slide like the original one that came with the truck.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:14 PM
grege
Tuned
Originally Posted by kho6658
Yes, it is a tight fit to get between the two sides. Once in, not a problem. I have taken it out a few times as my wife likes to hide her purse under it. Reason why the mat is turned the wrong way.
Where did you get yours?

Old 02-25-2018, 01:07 PM
kho6658
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by grege
Where did you get yours?
Amazon
Amazon Amazon

Old 02-25-2018, 01:37 PM
saskowner
Tuned
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by grege
Would you have passed? I'm thinking of getting one.
I don't like things that are fiddly to install or remove. I am hoping that a little bit of trimming will make it fit better.
Gary

Old 02-25-2018, 01:45 PM
cdnfireman
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone know if this add on console piece will work with the console vault that is optional on the superduty?

Old 02-25-2018, 02:42 PM
kho6658
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by cdnfireman
Does anyone know if this add on console piece will work with the console vault that is optional on the superduty?
Sorry, I don't have the vault. I guess it would depend on how high the vault is. The tray is not very deep, so just depends on how high the vault it.

Old 02-25-2018, 04:17 PM
felix4
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tricon
FORscan is a great tool for how cheap it is, you can also use this $18 adapter. It does everything the expensive MX unit does, it's just not wireless.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N18...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also got some cheap LED pods for when I'm hooking up the toy hauler in the desert. They are $49 for two...I got them for $20 for 4... So watch for a sale!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LQ0...o_pop_mb_pd_t1
Originally Posted by Turbo Dog
Homemade Raptor lights: Three bolt style LED lights are $3.95 each, I drilled holes 9" apart in a piece of aluminum, painted it black and secured it behind the grill with two small screws. Wired the lights to the brown hot in run wire in the upfitter bundle.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ght/1494/3436/
Originally Posted by Tricon
I forgot about this one. D-Rings for hooking up your trailer chains. The hitch holes for your chains on the 17+ is funky and most regular chains won't attach. Loop these in and you now have an easy attach point.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Originally Posted by Krabill
Was waiting to see one of these threads. The one on the F150 forums site was a fun read. Best thing I did was to get 1 month of amazon prime for free and order all this stuff.

#1 tailgate shock, IMO best mod you can do, under $30 HERE

#2 Toughskins superduty letter inserts under $50 for each set front and rear

#3 unpainted mirror cover caps from ebay HERE and got them painted to match the oxford white, $25 each, gives it the platinum look, ish... either way I like the look.

#4 LED underglow light strips connected to the plugs on each side below the truck. Lights up when opens door then fades out when door closes. Might be a little blingly for some, but you will never loose anything under the truck in the dark.
Plug adapters HERE
the light strips HERE I did use small 3m double sided tape to secure them better than the basic adhesion on the strip, HERE

#5 Rear LED lights hooked to a switch mounted on my hitch (these do not fog up like others I bought and mounted in my grill) HERE

#6 A 40$ switch panel to control all the lights and other things (you all have up fitters so I made downfitters in a little box I custom built to fit in the floor) Panel HERE

#7 a cell phone cradle that clips on my vent from autozone for $10

#8 a remote bass **** to adjust my subwoofer levels on the fly (rest of the stereo was well above 50) HERE

I also have Interior and wheel well lights for under 50 bucks I just don't remember the link I used to get them, they are controlled on the switch and not door activated. Turns out I never use them, maybe next summer on the beach or something.

Here is the above $50 list just to break the thread rules
Coverking kryptek typhoon seat covers
Zone dual steering stabilizer
2.5" lift
35" tires & rockstar rims
bushwhacker flares
12" sundown audio woofer in custom underseat box & rockford p500 amp
weathertech front and rear floor mats (BUY HUSKY INSTEAD, it is impossible to scrub these things clean..)
front window tint @ 20$ (was $75 laser cut and installed)

Some pics of some of the things.

Thank you gentlemen!

Old 02-25-2018, 04:45 PM
tuckdaway
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
following this...good stuff

Old 02-25-2018, 07:28 PM
danr1707
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jsavelli
You put wire loom back on ? and ran through on top of radiator or behind? I was not sure if there was a way to run under gasket along underneath wipers n vents?
I'll have to look when I get off shift. I never used resistors so this is a new one for me. Thx
Also what wires did you put 20k in between. Confused....do I connect 20k to wire white/violet and connect to a pass through wire then run that pass through wire to upfitter 4. Push park brake then flip upfitter 4 and shpuld be good??? thx
It's been a while since I did it, but I found this on another thread:

Locate YELLOW/GREEN pull through wire. Cut off the cap and strip back enough to solder. Solder YELLOW/GREEN wire DIRECTLY to the AUX switch wire you want to use.

Locate PTO_RPM wire (Solid GREEN). Cut off the cap and strip back enough to solder.

Locate PTO_REF wire (WHITE w/ BROWN STRIPE) DO NOT use the BROWN w/ WHITE STRIPE wire!!! Cut off the cap and strip back enough to solder.

For FIXED idle:
Solder the resistor that you have chosen to PTO_RPM wire (Solid GREEN) and PTO_REF wire (WHITE w/ BROWN STRIPE). i.e. If you want a 1200 RPM (minimum suggested by Ford) you would use a 20K Ohm resistor.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:43 AM
Krabill
Junior User
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kenny400ex
How did you mount your led bars in the grill? Did you have to fabricate some brackets or mounting plates?
There are tabs in the grill already, I measured the distance and ordered LED's that had the same mounting space as the grill tabs. I had to turn one side of the LED mounting "Feet" inward to make the fit just right.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:26 AM
expy03
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Installed LED backup lights. $13.99 at Amazon
Flood Led Light Bar Off Road Fog Lights Led Driving Lights for Vehicle Truck SUV ATV 18W 2PCS Waterproof
Amazon Amazon

I tapped into the plug blanks in the fifth wheel harness behind the bumper, that I don’t plan on using, so they come on when in reverse.

Attached Images   
The following users liked this post:
Old 02-26-2018, 02:24 PM
NorEasterMA
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Added LED Bolt Lights on two of the running board brackets on each side. I used to have 3 on each side, but the new Crew Cab running board brackets aren't evenly spaced out, for some reason. So 2 on each side will do. $11.99 each from Oznium.com (11mm, Amber, 3W Stainless Steel)....so just under $50 but dang they look nice!

Old 02-26-2018, 05:15 PM
felix4
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NorEasterMA
Added LED Bolt Lights on two of the running board brackets on each side. I used to have 3 on each side, but the new Crew Cab running board brackets aren't evenly spaced out, for some reason. So 2 on each side will do. $11.99 each from Oznium.com (11mm, Amber, 3W Stainless Steel)....so just under $50 but dang they look nice!
Any night time pics? Are those small round lights as well?

Edit: I see, those are the "bolt" lights. What are the other lights?

Old 02-26-2018, 05:43 PM
Turbo Dog
Cargo Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
$11.99 for a bolt style LED is pretty expensive. Go with these available in black or chrome for $3.95 each.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:22 PM
NorEasterMA
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by felix4
Any night time pics? Are those small round lights as well?

Edit: I see, those are the "bolt" lights. What are the other lights?
Here's a night pic. The other lights are white/Amber lighting. Flash Amber warning and do steady white for flood. They're on white in this pic

Originally Posted by Turbo Dog
$11.99 for a bolt style LED is pretty expensive. Go with these available in black or chrome for $3.95 each.
I looked around and ended up with the 11.99 ones. Stainless steel, totally encapsulated and 3W is fairly bright. May have overpaid but the quality is very high, so I'm okay with it.

Quick Reply: Best Modifications Under $50